Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Places for a Beer Near Lucas Oil Stadium

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by JMagee, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMagee

JMagee Jan 2, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

I'll be in town the week of September 8th for a conference and will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express across the street from Lucas Oil Stadium.

I've looked at some of the guides for Indianapolis, but have trouble rectifying where I'm staying in regards to how far a place listed is. I will only have my two feet and public transportation at my disposal.

Wondering if you could make any recommendations for a place to grab a beer or two while I'm in town.

Thanks

2. DaveLikesAle

DaveLikesAle Jan 24, 2006 Ohio

About a 10 - 15 minute walk, but check out Ram, Rock Bottom, and BW3. Crown Liquor downtown usually has a good selection for back in the room.

3. StargazerC

StargazerC Apr 15, 2008 Indiana

Head to Tomlinson Tap Room in the City Market - only place where you can get a pretty great selection of Indiana beers AND growler carryout.

4. Bierguy5

Bierguy5 May 15, 2003 Ohio
    Subscriber

I stayed in that same hotel for the Mini Marathon. Hit Tomlinson for sure. They update their list on twitter frequently.

5. JMagee

Beer Trader

Thanks for the input. Tomlinson looks like a definite must. And the prices are so....extremely reasonable

6. Jkoeneman

Jkoeneman Jul 30, 2010 Indiana

Tavern on South is close to your hotel and has a decent selection. Definitely walk to the RAM and grab a seasonal or two. +1 vote for Tomlinson as well.

7. aljordan

aljordan May 2, 2006 Indiana
    Beer Trader

tavern on south for sure. anything else worth visiting would be a half a dozen block walk.

8. JMagee

Beer Trader

Thanks for the heads up. By half a dozen blocks are we talking NYC-style blocks, or some Indiana definition where the blocks are separated by "miles".

Because at first glance, half a dozen blocks doesn't sound too bad at all.

9. Jkoeneman

Jkoeneman Jul 30, 2010 Indiana

10 Indianapolis blocks = 1 mile

10. Shagtastic

Shagtastic Jul 30, 2011 Indiana

Ralstons Draft house and the Rathskeller are both ones you for sure need to hit.

11. aljordan

aljordan May 2, 2006 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Itd be a few mile walk to get to mass ave. cab it and visit macnivens and Ralston's. macnivens sells half pints. my half a dozen blocks was a 'bit' generous. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe