Places one can still pick up food and beer in Seattle during the COVID-19 closures

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by distantmantra, Mar 17, 2020.

1. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,077) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

We've been doing a running list in the Visiting Seattle thread but I figured we could do a new thread since this is our new normal for the foreseeable future.

Breweries
    Fremont - Mercantile open for packaged beer to go. Crowlers.
    https://www.fremontbeertogo.com

Reubens - Beer to go inside or curbside pickup.
    https://squareup.com/store/reubens-brews-llc/

Flying Bike - Crowlers and bottles to go.

Hellbent - Beer to go.

Mirage - They're working on online ordering and porch drop delivery of beer. Nothing set up yet but he's working on it.

Figurehead - They're doing delivery of beer to the neighborhoods surrounding Magnolia: https://www.figureheadbrewingcompany.com/beer-delivery

Urban Family - Crowlers, cans and bottles to go at the brewery.
    https://www.urbanfamilybrewing.com/beer-to-go/

The Good Society - Crowlers to go.

Holy Mountain - Crowlers and bottles to go.

Best of Hands - Crowlers, cans and bottles to go.

Georgetown - Growlers and cans to go.

Lantern - Growlers and bottles to go.

Best of Hands - Crowlers. Cans and bottles to go.

Ravenna Brewing - Crowlers to go.

Burke Gilman - Crowlers to go.

Big Time - Growlers and bottles to go.

Stoup - Crowlers and growlers to go.

Bad Jimmys - Growlers to go.

Peddler - Cans and growlers to go.

Cloudburst - Crowlers to go.

Populuxe - Growlers to go.

Fair Isle - Bottles to go. Most of their beers are draft only and nothing has been said about growlers.

Obec - Growlers to go.

Snapshot - Growlers to go. They'll even delivery to you if you call and ask.

Hales - Beer to go.

Maritime - Food and beer to go.

Old Stove - CLOSED. They're likely going to do beer to go at some point.

Seapine - CLOSED

Pike - CLOSED but still supplying stores with cans and bottles.

Floodland - CLOSED but that's normal. Adam is working on 10 minute pickup windows for already placed bottle sales.

Everything Else:
    Slowboat Taven is closed.
    The Masonry is closed. Both locations.
    Burgundian is closed.
    Brouwers food and beer to go.
    Bottleworks to go only.
    Bobs beer to go.
    Last Drop beer to go.
    Draft Punk beer to go.
    Beer Authority beer to go.
    Chucks Greenwood is closed.
    Chucks CD will close on March 18th at 10pm.
    Hill City Bottle Shop - Coffee and packaged beer to go.
    Beer Junction - Crowlers. Packaged beer to go.
    Delancey - Pizza to go every evening. Growler fills of beers to go for 40% off.
    Latona Pub - Food to go, they're working on growler fills.
    The Shambles - Food and growlers to go.
    Toronado - Closed for good. RIP.

Burien Press - Coffee and beer to go. If you're in South King County these guys have a really impressive selection of stuff. I bet you never thought you'd find Great Notion cans in Burien, but there you go.

If I didn't list a place I couldn't find anything official from them online.

2. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Crusader (792) Mar 9, 2008 Washington
    Society

Growler Guys Seattle - beer and food to go

3. distantmantra

Trader

Brouwers closed for now.

Brouwer’s Café is temporarily closed!

Rest assured we will reopen as soon as it makes sense for the health of our community (and our government allows!).

On Monday, March 16th Governor Jay Inslee announced a two-week statewide shutdown of restaurants and bars, and expanded the limits on social gatherings. As a dining/drinking destination with a capacity well over 150, we were left with the very difficult decision of whether or not it would serve our staff, and our community, to switch to a take-out only menu. Unfortunately for now, the answer is no. If we have to re-invent ourselves to survive for the long-term, we will, but it just doesn’t make sense right now. Our sister establishment, The Burgundian in Tangletown, is also closed; but Bottleworks in Wallingford will remain open and be providing all the beer to-go you need!

We would like to personally thank everyone for their understanding and support in this very difficult and uncertain time. Take care of yourselves, your family, and your neighbors (at a safe distance).
    We will see you soon!

kemoarps likes this.
  4. Superheatnsubcool

Superheatnsubcool Disciple (320) May 31, 2016 Washington

Super Deli Mart has packaged beer, growlers and sandwiches to go.

I stopped by the Fremont Mercantile after work and grabbed a few six packs and crowlers. They have curbside pick up as well.

5. VashonGuy

VashonGuy Meyvn (1,399) Mar 7, 2013 Washington
    Society Trader

Beveridge Place Pub in West Seattle is filling growlers. Open 2-8 pm Monday-Friday, and Noon to 8 pm on the weekend.

6. distantmantra

Trader

Fair Isle has Chucks GW's crowler machine , so go stock up.

7. PNW

PNW Initiate (155) Dec 23, 2019 Washington
    Society Industry Trader

Thanks for pulling this together. An update for The Good Society. We’ve got an online portal for ordering and we’re delivering within the West Seattle limits. https://goodsocietybeer.square.site/

8. LiquidAmber

LiquidAmber Poo-Bah (7,008) Feb 20, 2009 Washington
    Society

Thanks for posting this, a valuable overview. I "liked" it only because of the information, there is a lot that is necessary, although not really likeable, about your information.
    I'm trying to figure out a schedule to support restaurants with take-out right now, and it seems that supporting breweries with take out crowlers and bottles is another valuable aid to our beleaguered businesses we want to support.

9. Joshbiir

Joshbiir Initiate (50) Dec 8, 2016 Washington

Bottleworks and a few restaurants also seem to have crowlers from a number of breweries like stoup and holy mountain as well so you can definitely support a couple businesses with one easy trip.

10. distantmantra

Trader

It's been crazy to see all the places getting Cloudburst and Holy Mountains crowlers on Instagram (Delancey, Bottleworks, Burien Press, etc.). Bummer I'm stuck at home and can't go anywhere to support these places, but it's for the best. My surgery is on for tomorrow and for that I will make any sacrifice necessary.

11. TheBungyo

TheBungyo Champion (813) Dec 1, 2004 Washington

Machine House is offering curbside pickup and home delivery. 20% off bottles.

ewendel and beertunes like this.
  12. ewendel

ewendel Initiate (123) Feb 12, 2008 Washington
    Trader

Bottleworks is now closed, even for to-go... #darkdays

13. BuckeyeOne

Society

Does anyone know for sure from the Governor's new orders last night if breweries are still allowed to offer to-go, or is it only restaurants now?

14. ewendel

Trader

"Food manufacturer employees and their supplier employees", including "brewery and wine-making facilities" are indeed listed as part of the 'Essential Workforce' — thank gawd, otherwise we'd be totally effed. My assumption is this would allow them to offer products to-go, otherwise, especially for small operations, it'd be a useless distinction.

For reference: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/whats-open-and-closed/essential-business

distantmantra and Slamminson like this.
  15. BuckeyeOne

Society

Jeez. I've read this document about five times (for work) today but totally missed that. Thanks for the heads-up.

sharpski, ewendel and Slamminson like this.
  16. drone

drone Disciple (379) Jun 17, 2013 Washington
    Trader

Propolis now has online ordering and delivery, and it looks like Garden Path will have their system up soon enough. It's really hard to say which breweries need the most help, but I have to assume the more rural and focused, the more of a need they have.

66jzmstr, Joshbiir and beertunes like this.
  17. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (7,019) Sep 24, 2007 Liechtenstein
    Society Trader

Especially with the long production times for the types of beers those two breweries make. They don't make 2-week quick IPAs.

kemoarps and 66jzmstr like this.
  18. BuckeyeOne

Society

2-week quick IPAs? Who wants to lay bets on which brewery names a beer Quarantine IPA?

kemoarps, DefenCorps and beertunes like this.
  19. elproducer

elproducer Initiate (35) Apr 19, 2016 California

20. ewendel

Trader

I'll be curious to see if Holy Mtn starts doing online ordering w/ local delivery. I suspect that's what the IG post is alluding to. Definitely sensing that we're going to see fewer and fewer breweries doing anything with in-person pickup, which is most definitely the right call.

kemoarps and distantmantra like this.
  21. distantmantra

Trader

Thanks for everyone who’s been adding updates for me while I’ve been recovering in the hospital. My surgery went well and I should be home soon and then I’ll be back on top of things.

22. Joshbiir

Fremont is doing online ordering for b4k with online pickup with two different time windows on their website....right now.

kemoarps likes this.
  23. Joshbiir

kemoarps likes this.
  24. TheBungyo

TheBungyo Champion (813) Dec 1, 2004 Washington

Anyone looking for more cask ale in their life definitely needs to check out Machine House beer in bag option. I drove a total of 3 hours to try this and it was worth every minute. By far the closest to cask beer at home I've experienced.

beertunes, ewendel, kemoarps and 8 others like this.
  25. Joshbiir

They will deliver them within Seattle and the box is pretty subtle so no one but you and ba has to know you purchased ten pints in a bag.

TheBungyo, kemoarps, vurt and 4 others like this.
  26. walterfredo

walterfredo Initiate (195) Nov 22, 2011 California
    Trader

Keep an eye out for some Seapine options coming soon!

27. NWer

NWer Champion (802) Mar 10, 2009 Washington

Tavour is an option for delivering to your doorstep. Limited to choices made available one at a time but pretty decent choices at that. Higher prices neutralized by the gas I would spend chasing down beers and beers I can get no other way. Recent choices included Greed by Anchorage and Dirt King Black Crown by Holy Mountain.

beertunes likes this.
  28. distantmantra

Trader

I'm not really a fan of HM deciding to go solely with Tavour during this crisis. Stores that have long carried their stuff are still open. The PCC by my house would happily sell those cans without an outrageous shipping fee.

29. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (7,019) Sep 24, 2007 Liechtenstein
    Society Trader

Wut, you no asked if I wanted a boxbag?! :slight_frown:

30. SeaAle

SeaAle Disciple (363) Jun 24, 2012 Oregon

How much do they charge for shipping?

31. Joshbiir

It's like $15 I think. Usually you can pickup in tukwila for free as well but I think that is closed currently.

beertunes likes this.
  32. NWer

Since I don't have easy access to your PCC I think it's worth it.

ballardbeer likes this.
  33. WA_Brian

WA_Brian Disciple (390) Nov 17, 2015 Washington
    Society

$16.40 flat fee for everything you ship together in what they call a crate. You have some flexibility in moving this date around if you want them to ship quickly to get your IPAs fresh or delay it as long as possible to provide more opportunities to get other beers since they only offer 2 a day.

For the right beer, I'm happy to pay that premium for the convenience of having this beer delivered with no lines and no fuss. They've delivered Cantillon, 3F, A Deal with the Devil and several beers that don't see distribution up here such as Maine Lunch, King Sue, SPON.

It's also worth noting that not everyone in the same region receives the same offers. Some limited stuff is only offered to their "top" customers. I'm also a bit surprised to see Holy Mountain since I don't think I've ever seen Fremont offered and I know they have been. They seem to focus on beers that don't see local distribution.

NWer likes this.
  34. PNW

PNW Initiate (155) Dec 23, 2019 Washington
    Society Industry Trader

Holy Mountain hasn't gone solely with Tavour. Lots of spots are still carrying their crowlers, though lots of spots doesn't mean what it used to. It's not like they stopped selling to PCC, MET, etc, they just don't have the quantities on these cans to go offer them to grocers. HM has always had a limited distribution to grocery channels and this is no different. Also, Tavour is a better way of buying beer "during this crisis" than shopping at the grocery store. They hardly mark up prices anyway.

NWer likes this.
  35. distantmantra

Trader

HM sent White Lodge cans down to stores all over the Portland metro, yet here in Seattle they’re behind the $15 shipping paywall that is Tavour.

Guess my beer money will just continue going toward Floodland and Mirage, amongst others. [shrug]

ewendel, beertunes and DefenCorps like this.
  36. DefenCorps

DefenCorps Poo-Bah (4,898) Jan 18, 2007 Oregon
    Society Trader

How does a non local go about giving their money to Floodland? Asking for a friend.

37. NWer

White Lodge? Haven't seen that one come across yet. I'll look for it.

38. distantmantra

Trader

It was on Tavour mid week, and I’ve been seeing cans pop up on the IG feeds of Portland area bottle shops.

39. NWer

Hmmm. How did I miss it? I peruse their lists a few times every day. Oh well, No FOMO. I'm waiting for something really great to start a new box anyway.

distantmantra likes this.
  40. Joshbiir

Did you find someone to split that mirage order with?

66jzmstr and distantmantra like this.