Planning a trip to Three Floyds

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by tim28, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tim28

tim28 Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2008 Missouri
    Deactivated

Hey everybody, I'm planning a trip to Three Floyds brewpub in Munster. Does anyone have any tips for me? What's the best day to go? I'm planning on getting there on a Sunday afternoon. Also, I have to bring back beer for some friends. Do you have to order beer to go from the bar or is there a sperate area to buy six packs, bombers, etc.? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

2. olympuszymurgus

olympuszymurgus Initiate (0) Nov 24, 2009 California

Heads up- you may want to plant this in the great lakes forum, they cover Chi town/IN

3. HomeBrewed

HomeBrewed Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2006 Minnesota

Get there early and order Zombie Dust...my two pieces of advice...went there for the first time last Sunday, and it was awesome...the beer to go area is just to the left of the bar...you'll see it...food is fantastic as well...had the octopus appetizer and the braised short rib burger...might be the best french fries I've ever had too...cheers!

4. JakeT469

JakeT469 Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

Sunday is usually very crowded with a wait to get into the pub if you're not in the first wave of people to get in when they open. Just a warning

5. loudmouth

loudmouth Initiate (0) May 24, 2010 Wisconsin

Cancel your trip...Three Floyds burned down yesterday.

6. tim28

Deactivated

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. I definitely plan on getting there early AND getting some Zombie Dust. Sorry to post in the wrong forum. I guess I need to work on my reading comprehension skills. :grinning:

7. SpunkyHopslammer

SpunkyHopslammer Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2011 Illinois

Don't shoot the messenger but they are sold out of ZD right now.

8. tim28

Deactivated

Thanks for the heads up. I'm most likely not going there for another month, so hopefully it'll be back in stock by then.

9. KAF

KAF Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2007 Iowa

I would also recommend going to the bottleshop or gas station (cannot remember which it was or the name of it) that is right by the brewery to pick up beer. If I remember correctly they had some FFF that was not available at the brewery along with other beer.

10. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Pooh-Bah (1,893) Feb 27, 2009 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah

If you can't get Zombie Dust to go, then don't go. But, they usually are only out of ZD for a few days. I would buy a couple cases if you can spare the $70. Food is good and they will have special drafts you can't get in bombers or sometimes any where else.

evilc likes this.
  11. copslovebeer

copslovebeer Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2012 Minnesota

Just curious, is it $70 a case?

12. Sender

Sender Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2010 Minnesota

$35 for a case

13. drolkrad

drolkrad Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2010 Indiana

Prepare to wait because the pub is always packed and is small to begin with. Definitely get whatever seasonal they have there and some of the specialty beers that they don't sell in 6 packs: Arctic Panzer Wolf

14. tim28

Deactivated

Thanks for the tips everyone! I really do appreciate it.

15. SpottedZombie

SpottedZombie Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2012 Illinois

Get a bottle or two of Rich Life and Ryed da Lightning, both are fantastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.