PNW's Best Brews

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Flight0011, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flight0011

Flight0011 Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2013 Washington

Living in the Puget Sound area I am a fan of traveling to the local brewerys and I have found many great ones. For people who have visited the Pacific North Wests brewerys what are your favorites?

My top 3 are;

Diamond Knott
    Hilliards
    Skookum

2. draheim

draheim Poo-Bah (2,408) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

I haven't personally been to all of these breweries yet, but based on reputation and/or the beers I've had from them I would include at least these:
    Hair of the Dog
    Logsdon
    Upright
    Deschutes
    Pelican
    Hopworks
    Cascade
    Fremont
    Black Raven
    Reuben's Brews
    Sound Brewing
    Midnight Sun
    Anchorage

checktherhyme and Flight0011 like this.
  3. ryhayes

ryhayes Initiate (161) Jan 21, 2013 Ohio

Love Cascade and HOD. I would also put Walking Man on the list. Great food, setting, and oh yeah...beer!

4. Flight0011

Flight0011 Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2013 Washington

That is a good list, I forgot about Hair of the Dog, Didnt they just have acouple of bottles of Dave go for a rediculous amount?

5. VAbdoyan

VAbdoyan Initiate (161) Jul 24, 2011 California

Here's my top 3 must visits:

1) Cascade
    2) Hair of the Dog
    3) Upright

6. ijaap

ijaap Initiate (165) Jan 5, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

Black Raven and Fremont are both top notch, but HoTD makes my cherry adam from the wood. Which is my favorite beer.

7. duketheredeemer

duketheredeemer Initiate (41) Jan 21, 2007 Washington

8. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Zealot (513) Mar 9, 2008 Washington

I am a fan of Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation. Oh wait, those aren't breweries.

woemad, Sarlacc83, Gobigvt7 and 3 others like this.
  9. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (4,593) Sep 24, 2007 Washington
    Beer Trader

Maybe they should be.

10. checktherhyme

checktherhyme Aspirant (261) Apr 8, 2008 Washington

11. draheim

draheim Poo-Bah (2,408) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

Cannot believe I forgot Boneyard. Aren't they supposed to be canning by now BTW?

12. checktherhyme

checktherhyme Aspirant (261) Apr 8, 2008 Washington

I'm not sure if they gave a date, I just know they said they were going to. Cannot wait though. Hopefully we see some better distro in Washington.

13. sukwonee

sukwonee Crusader (740) Dec 13, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

My top three (out of the breweries I have visited)

HotD
    Cascade
    Fremont

Ones I haven't visited that make great beers, imo, are

Logsdon
    Boneyard
    Deschutes

14. Prufrockstar

Prufrockstar Initiate (150) Jan 15, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

Of the places I've been, my top three:

1. HotD - hands down number #1 on my list, mostly because I'm in love with the beer.

2. Cascade - especially because bottles are so freaking expensive, but it doesn't seem so bad to spend a few dollars each on a bunch of tasters, and it seems like there's always some special sour on. This place comes together best, IMO, as a local joint [by which I mean, if I lived in Portland I would drink here all the time. Living in Seattle, I almost completely ignore them].

3. Fremont - of the breweries in Seattle, I come here most often by far. I like the vibe, I like the beer, I like hanging out here with my kid surrounded by friends, dogs, and all the other laid back, happy customers. This place embodies what I love about living in the NW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.