Portland Bottle Shops/ de Garde

Discussion in 'US - West' started by garlicNhops, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garlicNhops

garlicNhops Initiate (0) May 26, 2015 California

Hi Everyone,
    Heading to Portland with my wife for our baby moon. We're planning to Drive out to Tillamook for the cheese factory and De Garde for myself.

In the event we don't drive out to Tillamook, are there any bottle shops where I can buy some de Garde?
    My local bottle shops here in CA ALWAYS sell out.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Cheers!

2. South2NW

South2NW Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2013 Oregon

Arch Bridge is your best bet

3. Jbagel1

Jbagel1 Initiate (0) May 25, 2015 Oregon

tin bucket is good spot to look

4. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (7,203) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

+1 to this. Increasingly, I'm starting to see dG stuff at various better bottle shops and grocery stores in town, but it's never more than one or two different bottling's. Arch Bridge typically has 4 or 5 different selections, and at times I've seen as many as 7 or 8 different choices.

It's not unusual for them to have something on tap from dG as well. Also, they usually keep their online bottle list fairly current as well:

http://www.archbridgetaphouse.com/bottles/

It's a bit off the beaten path, but is certainly a lot closer than Tillamook. :grin:

5. dphi

dphi Initiate (110) Apr 14, 2013 Oregon

Check with the Growlerie in Beaverton. They were sitting on bottles of Grand Rouge for months, and maybe still has some for all I know.

6. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,194) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

de Garde's retail distribution is still pretty small in comparison to what they release at the brewery. Doesn't Arch Bridge have a good relationship with the brewery and they just drive and get stuff to sell?

7. honkduh

honkduh Aspirant (233) Jun 2, 2011 Oregon

We just received two cases of de Garde Brewing's Autre Grand Rouge! They are $15 for a 750ml bottle.
    -Valley Growlers today.

8. honkduh

honkduh Aspirant (233) Jun 2, 2011 Oregon

Correct.

distantmantra likes this.
  9. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Yes and no. Some of the stuff they get, they obtain just by driving to the brewery and picking it up. For instance, they recently had bottles of Crab available (on tap as well), that I don't think is available any place else. However, a fair amount of the dG stuff they have, I believe they get through normal distribution channels. I'm still not entirely sure how it works out that they almost always have the best selection of dG around town, but it would appear that they're receiving some sort of preferential treatment. In the case of the keg of Crab, I feel fairly certain in saying that they didn't drive over to dG to pick up a keg of it (I suppose it's possible, but I've never heard of them doing anything like that in the past). I could be wrong, but I'm willing to bet that no place else in PDX got a keg of it, yet somehow or some way they did.

In any event, for whatever reason, they typically have the best selection of dG bottles in the PDX area, and they often times have dG beers on tap that I see no place else.

Perhaps Todd and Gene are just a couple of very lucky guys. :sunglasses:

10. chikunwing

chikunwing Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2013 Oregon

This x 2000.

vurt likes this.
  11. YadiBEER_Molina

YadiBEER_Molina Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2017 Oregon

I recently bought 4 different bottles of De Garde at Imperial Bottle Shop on Division. They also had a couple others. If you do plan to head out to Tillamook make sure of their hours. I think they're closed mon, tues, wed or something like that.

12. stevesbeer

stevesbeer Initiate (0) May 17, 2016 Washington

We snagged a couple at Beermongers when in town a few weeks back. Imperial Hose we have drank, I don't recall the other one yet.:thinking_face:

13. BeerandLoathing

BeerandLoathing Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2011 Oregon

The Zupans Market off Macadam in SW has DeGarde Autre Grande Rouge bottles. Pretty refreshing sour actually which I wasn't expecting. I think the White Zin grapes cut the standard Tillamook funk quite nicely.

14. MGarret

MGarret Initiate (85) Aug 13, 2015 Oregon

Does any De Garde make it down to Eugene?

15. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Of course. Both the 16 tons tap house and Bier Stein usually have a couple of different dG bottles at any one time, and even the better Market of Choices grocery stores will often have some (though the one on Williamette street is your best bet).

MGarret likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.