Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusian

crusian Crusader (787) May 14, 2010 Oregon

Walked out of there? Last time i saw you were right at the precipice! :-)

2. oregonskibum

oregonskibum Zealot (501) Mar 14, 2009 Oregon

He started to fall off the precipice, but some good people were there to grab him and prevent the worst.

3. crusian

You're right Dale, I think the best thing i like about the de garde releases are the people... honestly. There is a good group of people that Trevor and Lindsey have gathered to help out... they really make the event and don't get shit for credit. Thanks guys and few random gals.

oregonskibum and nattomoto like this.
  4. PDX_dennis

PDX_dennis Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2012 Oregon

My advice is to get at least one of the big trough Honey Buckets. :slight_smile:

This was my first de Garde event and I had a great time. I thought it was well run and look forward to attending again in the future. My only disappointment was when a couple of kegs blew while I was in line (Stone Bu and Nectarine Bu). It was a little hard to keep up with the taplists at the various pouring stations. Not sure how to remedy that. Maybe post a list of which kegs are on deck at each station? I wasn't sure if some beers were limited to one keg, or if they would pop up again at a different spot.

I didn't spend any time at the bottle share table, so don't have any strong feelings whether this stays or goes. I tend to agree with the idea that bottle shares should happen outside the event.

5. maltmaster420

maltmaster420 Disciple (313) Aug 17, 2005 Oregon

I may have indulged, but it was only because I knew going in that I wouldn't be driving. Also, @oregonskibum bum is right that they have a bunch of great people, including the new brewer they stole from us. :wink:

oregonskibum likes this.
  6. crusian

I honestly can't think of anyone that has any distaste toward you. Anyone and everyone that knows you would do anything for you. Not sure how i can say you can do no wrong... but you have great friends! :-)

7. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,329) Sep 24, 2007 Kyrgyzstan
    Trader

Great post. I'm yet to get down to DeGarde, let alone to one of their events, but I look forward to when I do. Maybe it's just the nature of the internet, but it seems like we (collectively) are quick to jump on any perceived flaw or mis-step, and slow to hand out attaboys for a job well done. Attaboy DeGarde, way to hustle out there!

sharpski, maltmaster420 and TheBronze like this.
  8. ac24

ac24 Initiate (197) Nov 17, 2014 California
    Trader

This was my first time at de Garde and it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately in this day and age where information is instant people want everything right away so no matter how long the lines people will complain. I wouldnt worry about it too much though, lines were short and moved pretty quickly. I feel like this event and the Barrelworks events have the shortest and quickest lines of any event i go to. The only issue i have is that you guys are not located in LA or that I dont live in Portland :slight_frown:

9. Phobicsquirrel

Phobicsquirrel Zealot (508) Oct 1, 2013 Oregon
    Trader

I think the internet likes to take any criticism and twist it. I didn't see anyone not say it was a fine event or be thankful we have a place like De garde with great people. Just because some people voiced a few critical concerns doesn't mean anything other than that. Somehow anyone that brings up something not popular they are automatically entitled. Every party things have been tweaked and I'm sure a lot of it had to do with complaints.

beertunes likes this.
  10. elbrooksie

elbrooksie Aspirant (212) Jan 10, 2013 Texas
    Trader

People bitching about 5 min wait times for pours need to come to Jester King for a little "perspective."

(Not hating on JK, I assure you, just sayin...)

11. deGardebrewing

deGardebrewing Initiate (74) May 3, 2013 Oregon

Heading that way next week actually.
    For research of course.

12. elbrooksie

elbrooksie Aspirant (212) Jan 10, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Research is good :wink: let me know if you make it down to Dallas, have plenty of great beers to share :wink:

13. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,057) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

Farewell Keepers, we barely knew ye.

No big deal.

#173 distantmantra, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  14. yeaprolly

yeaprolly Zealot (521) Oct 10, 2011 Washington

I am very stoked about this. Now there can be even more beer for everyone!

distantmantra likes this.
  15. distantmantra

Trader

I'm in agreement. They're keeping the parties, just eliminating the Keepers Society which frankly sounds like it was a headache dealing with some people.

16. fsck

fsck Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2013 Washington

Sucks that people were headaches but that's really terrible news. The keepers were a great opportunity for us Seattle folk to drive down 4 times a year and get a good amount of de garde.

17. distantmantra

Trader

They're still going to do the parties, so us Seattle folk can still drive down four times a year and get a good amount of de Garde. There's just not going to be super secretive member only beers that you can laud over people in trading forums.

And don't forget that we get de Garde in WA now. Things can only go up hill.

Strangestbrewer likes this.
  18. guajolote

guajolote Aspirant (292) Sep 12, 2008 Oregon

???

Not seeing anything posted on the de Garde FB or website. Email? I assume they're discontinuing the Keepers program?

19. distantmantra

Trader

Yep. There have been rumors swirling for a while about it, but Trevor confirmed it.

20. fsck

You're good amount is different than mine. It was never about super secret, it's about getting more quantity and different kinds of beers for each 5 hour drive. So things did just go downhill. :wink: Hopefully it brings about more beer available at the releases to balance out.

21. distantmantra

Trader

Who says any of that is going away? It just sounds like some of that stuff will no longer be locked behind a $300 paywall.

22. deGardebrewing

There will be more beer available. Look at it this way: instead of, say, 6 beers publicly available and four Keepers beers, there will be 10 public beers.

23. beertunes

Trader

Really? I must have missed that memo. Very limited, and probably Seattle-ish only?

24. fsck

Deal, might be all the same to me in the end.

deGardebrewing likes this.
  25. distantmantra

Trader

Seattle-metro. Bu Weisse to start with.

Just drink your Bellingham-only Crooked Stave.

26. beertunes

Trader

I haven't had many of the CS beers yet, but I'd be willing to make a straight up brewery swap.:sunglasses: By Seattle Metro, are you including the usual array of bottle shops?

27. deGardebrewing

Bu and Petit 750's heading to WA this week. About 1000 bottles of each. I dont know where though. Sorry!

sharpski, distantmantra and beertunes like this.
  28. distantmantra

Trader

Just the standard Bu and Petit Desay, right?

#188 distantmantra, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  29. dayglo

dayglo Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2009 Washington

Sad i'll be missing the next party due to my wedding in Michigan. :slight_frown:

But at least we were able to go to the previous releases so we'll be having multiple cases of De Garde at the reception! :grinning:

fsck and deGardebrewing like this.
  30. deGardebrewing

Correct. We dont typically distribute the dry hopped or fruited beers. I'll say that those are still two of my favorites, and this batch of each is the best yet. IMO of course.
    We'll also be sending up a couple other beers in the next few months.

beertunes and distantmantra like this.
  31. distantmantra

Trader

No worries. I figured that we'd hopefully end up getting the same stuff that makes it's way to Portland and Bend.

32. Trelvis

Trelvis Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2015 Texas

You going to be there this weekend? Ill be there on Saturday.

33. deGardebrewing

Funnily enough, Linsey and I will be in Texas....
    But the taproom will be open!

34. anteater

anteater Champion (815) Sep 10, 2012 Oregon
    Trader

BUT BUT TRADE VALUE... AND EXCLUSIVITY!

Just kidding of course, I think its great that they stick to their philosophy of cutting out anything that could possibly get in the way of making the best beer at the best price. And honestly, there have been public bottles that are as good and better than most of the Keepers bottles (aside from Purple Raz, that shit is just pure magic). I am curious how people no longer being able to trustee for members will impact the overall amount of bottle sales/limits though.

beertunes likes this.
  35. Trelvis

Sorry, I meant are you going to be at Jester King? I will be at Jester King on Saturday.

36. deGardebrewing

Ah. That is the plan!

37. Trelvis

I would love to say hello if I can find you. Enjoy Austin, its amazing. I visited your brewery in early April and loved it.

38. deGardebrewing

Look for the hairy guy with a stupid grin on his face carrying too many beers.
    :slight_smile:

CTJman and chinochino like this.
  39. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,459) Oct 25, 2003 China
    Moderator Society Trader

Exactly how I'm looking at it. My trading partners... er, excuse me... I mean I'm really, really stoked about this!

40. EJJ1848

EJJ1848 Devotee (469) Jun 24, 2013 Minnesota

@deGardebrewing will be out your way (PDX) May 21-24th if anything from MN catches your eye let me know , not sure what day Ill be out in tilamook, but Ill be sure to say Hi if you're around

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.