Portland/DeGarde 2nd anniversary

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Bimmers, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue-dream

blue-dream Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2013 Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Just send it all to me please… I got to get on your trading partner list. :stuck_out_tongue:

CTJman likes this.
  2. CTJman

CTJman Champion (827) Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

o stop it. go delete some threads or something haha you'll have a tiny care package from me once i become unlazy

blue-dream likes this.
  3. blue-dream

Send me all your dG too please. :rolling_eyes:

CTJman likes this.
  4. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,456) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

:-)

I'll shoot you a beermail prior to the next release event. There's one friend from SEPA that I've been trading with for a long time that I tend to send most of my dG stuff. I've sent him so much dG over the past year, that he's started to ask that I not send him certain dG beers any more. I was just going to cut back on my next event purchase, but in light of your post, perhaps I won't do that after all.

CTJman, beertunes and blue-dream like this.
  5. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,310) Sep 24, 2007 Vatican City
    Trader

Don't forget your buddy to the North. And, I've got stuff you can't get. We'll talk.

6. blue-dream

Hey! Stay out of my kool-aid man!:stuck_out_tongue:

CTJman and beertunes like this.
  7. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

LOL! Good point. Plus, it would give me an excuse to drive on up to Bellingham again (as it's been entirely too long since my last trip up).

That being said... aren't you guys supposed to be getting dG stuff fairly soon?

8. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (6,310) Sep 24, 2007 Vatican City
    Trader

Seattle is. And just Bu Weisse and Petit Desay. I've got a buddy going down this weekend, if he has time he's gonna try to grab a couple of those.

9. CTJman

CTJman Champion (827) Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

sounds as if i can stay lazy :slight_smile:

10. Kurmaraja

Kurmaraja Poo-Bah (2,516) May 21, 2013 California
    Trader

To be honest, the keepers bottles never really held any extra trade value. Try tradeing unblended connak or corbeau noir, both of which were awesome, versus trading imperial stone / berry / apricot / peach bu and see what happens.

Strangestbrewer likes this.
  11. Kurmaraja

Trader

My only worry is tickets to the events. This is quickly becoming something of a nation wide beer geek right of passage - attending a de garde event. I don't care a great deal about the loss of the Keepers club ... but, damn, if I get shut out of a party I'm gonna bring da ruckus! (Spotify just played Wu Tang - what can I do.)

Strangestbrewer likes this.
  12. crusian

crusian Crusader (787) May 14, 2010 Oregon

Cough cough lily

vurt likes this.
  13. Phobicsquirrel

Phobicsquirrel Zealot (508) Oct 1, 2013 Oregon
    Trader

I'm wondering if the "keeper" bottles will just be rotated in with the rest of the released stuff? I really think that bottle releases should stop at the parties. It's not like bottles don't sell out on the regular release times.

14. fsck

fsck Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2013 Washington

The guy from Portland (or close enough) would say that. Also, boo.

15. Phobicsquirrel

Trader

Yup

16. Kurmaraja

Trader

I knew someone would bring that up!

But port barrel biere de garde, corbeau noir, plum bu, strawberry bu (I think that was keepers), unblended connak, and others show that you're as likely to get something that trades well as you are something that doesn't. All I'm saying is it wasn't a magic bullet. Most people outside of Oregon / Washington have NO idea which bottles were Keepers bottles, which were 1 PP, which were case limits, etc. Not a bad thing since it's only a trading problem.

17. Kurmaraja

Trader

The guy 2,200 miles away laughs at the lamentations of the guy 240 miles away.

blue-dream and fsck like this.
  18. Phobicsquirrel

Trader

true that is a drive... or a plane ride.

19. John_M

Moderator Society Trader

Hasn't been a problem so far. Have so far had no problem whatsoever getting a ticket for one of their release events, despite typically sitting on the fence several days after they go on sale, deciding whether or not I want to attend.

Phobicsquirrel likes this.
  20. Kurmaraja

Trader

Yep, but they've gotten more popular each time. I'm just a worrier.

Phobicsquirrel likes this.
  21. w_klon

w_klon Initiate (87) Aug 1, 2012 Oregon

I would imagine that without the memberships, less people would fly in. Right now, people are flying in because they have bottles waiting for them at the brewery. Not the case next year. No one will be guaranteed any particular bottles if they come out to a party, especially since the specifics of the 'regular' released bottles aren't announced until a week or two before.
    And this. If these bottles aren't going to Keepers, they'll just make it into normal releases. Imagine if there were no Keepers this year. Imp Purple Raz would have probably been 2 or 3pp and lasted a couple weekends. Not good for anybody out of state, but great for us here.

22. Kurmaraja

Trader

MMmm - I doubt imperial purple raz would last a couple weekends! I assume the parties will stay the same in that all attendees are guaranteed an allocation. And, in the case of a few beers this time, that meant they pretty much sold out at the release. I think Trevor said there was less than a case left of Imperial Stone, Nectarine Premiere, and Imperial Cherry.

Regardless, I think it's a good thing for the "keepers" bottles to get funneled back into the party in general. The lambic inspired beers coming up sound phenomenal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.