Portland Visit

Discussion in 'US - West' started by theconductor, Feb 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theconductor

theconductor Initiate (111) Nov 4, 2008 California

Hey all,

I'll be back up to Portland tomorrow for a few nights to hit a few of our favorite spots. I'll be traveling with some goodies from Sacramento and NorCal. Anyone interested in popping some bottles Friday night? We're staying in inner SE. Maybe at Beermongers or Little Beast? I don't know if either of those place allow bottlesharing.

Either way, if you see a middle aged couple in "Final Gravity" wear, say, "hi." We'll drink some beer.

Cheers!

jakecattleco and BBThunderbolt like this.
  2. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (10,025) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

3. honkduh

honkduh Aspirant (233) Jun 2, 2011 Oregon

Beermongers allows bottlesharing.

jakecattleco, John_M and theconductor like this.
  4. theconductor

5. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (7,356) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

Would second @honkduh's recommendation. Would recommend giving them a call in advance to let them know your plan, but otherwise....

theconductor likes this.
  6. theconductor

Made it! Staying near SE Belmont and 18th. Drinking a beer at the bar formerly known as Green Dragon because Cascade is closed. Headed to meet some friends at GN and Little Beast tomorrow. Then hitting all of the usual spots.

Is the Highland Stillhouse still awesome? Not sure if it's worth a trip all the way down there in the short amount of time we have.

7. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (7,356) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

LOL! It's awesome if you like single malt. Beer selection is decent enough, but Arch Bridge has supplanted them in terms of great beer destinations in the area. Bit of a drive from where you're staying... Would recommend checking out their draft and bottle list online before driving down.

theconductor likes this.
  8. theconductor

I enjoy a single malts, mostly stuck with bourbon though. I just loved sitting in the upstairs bar with a whiskey and beer while crushing some happy hour lamb wings and haggis balls.

I'll be halfway there while in Clackamas later, we'll see how deep in beer I am before I decide to keep driving or head back to the house and trade the car in for an uber.

John_M likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.