1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.
Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Positive Trading Karma

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by given2flybrewing, Feb 14, 2013.

1. given2flybrewing

given2flybrewing Dec 19, 2008 Missouri
    Beer Trader

This forum has been depressing lately with the bad trader alerts, so I thought we could use some posts to help promote positive trading karma. I recently traded boxes with Trenchtown4, RandyKemka, & kdmcguire10, all of which sent fantastic packages...solid traders all round.
  2. RoninTK3

RoninTK3 Nov 12, 2012 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

I've been more than satisfied with every trader I've dealt with on this site. Most trades, the extras have been more exciting than what I was actually trading for.
  3. Number45forever

Number45forever Jan 6, 2012 Vermont
    Beer Trader

I received a Leschkie bomb the other day, those are as positive as it gets! We pretty much just send boxes of whatever every month or two...Kurtis just hammered me with this box...among what he sent:

- Coffee Eclipse
    - Staudt (?) Blended Eclipse
    - BBA 4 Calling Birds
    - Melange 3
    - Drakes Black and White Label
    - BA Big Sound
    - BA Wee Heavy
    plus some others too...

I'll just have to scrounge around the cellar and my humble little home state and send another box back to him someday soon. Payback is a bitch, and he'll get what's coming to him for this box.

I've never had a bad experience trading. I've done probably 20-30 and the "worst" thing that has happened is two boxes with no extras, which honestly, I don't care too much about. Plus, each of those boxes was full of awesome stuff to begin with. Hell, when I was a newbie trader I had two of my outgoing boxes get returned because I hadn't packaged them well enough and a bottle had broken. Even those guys I was sending to were cool as can be about it.

Don't let the bad 1% and all the noise related to it deter your trading habits! This is a great community.
    gpawned, OneBeertoRTA, bird22 and 4 others like this.
  4. abecall98

abecall98 Aug 11, 2007 California
    Beer Trader

Some positive vibes would be if some people liked this post for me.
  5. JulianB

JulianB Feb 1, 2012 South Carolina

I started trading on here in December and have had nothing but great experiences with my trading partners so far. Since I don't have many they are all getting shoutouts:

-ferillo for doing my first trade with me, taking a chance on a total newbie, and sending me Zombie Dust and HF Everett.
    -laymansbeerfan for crushing my doorstep with an enormous box loaded with awesome beers.
    -HopHead84 for offering me a FW13 when he knew I was looking for it and then sending 4 massive extras (White Chocolate, Abyss, Shaggy, and Saints Devotion) on a one bottle trade.
    -karink for getting me two bottles of Kern Citra and trading them $4$ when she certainly could have gotten more.
    JustXBeer likes this.
  6. futura123

futura123 Jul 29, 2010 California

That Leschkie guy again? He still doesn't know how to win the trade.Trying to send a huge box to just get some Heady Topper :p Last time I heard he sent a Cable Car just to get some Surly Abrasive.
    gpawned, Number45forever and KevSal like this.
  7. Hanzo

Hanzo Feb 27, 2012 Virginia

I've had nothing but great experiences on this site, granted I have only been here around a year but still.
    FishPondManager, gpawned and oldp0rt like this.
  8. ehammond1

ehammond1 Jul 4, 2008

I am eternally indebted to Rempo.
  9. travMI13

travMI13 Jan 7, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Fun thread. I'll play:

Glitchedmind and evilc both blow it up every single time they send me boxes, and we've traded a lot recently. I also have to mention DSlim71 for getting me on the right path of having regulars, and I'll put BigTomZ up here as well.

I've traded with all the dudes mentioned multiple times, and they are all incredible traders.
    glitchedmind and DSlim71 like this.
  10. MasterCraft

MasterCraft Sep 2, 2012 Massachusetts

I got a box from javincik yesterday. The trade was BoT for Bramble 1:1. He extra'd me a Wake 'n Bake, Window Pane Peaches, Silent Night, and an 09 BCBS. I was floored.
  11. stupac2

stupac2 Feb 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

You BIF pretty solidly yourself.
  12. pmoney

pmoney Apr 15, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

biglobo8971 and I traded a couple weeks ago. He paid close attention to my wants and to the info in profile (I love it when BAs do that), and sent me awesome extras, including a 4-pack of Myrcenary, which I absolutely love!

Thanks again man! :D
  13. RWNay

RWNay Oct 7, 2010 Illinois

I'm a fairly new beer trader from Chicago and I have been blessed with awesome people to trade with. My first trade was early January and it went over very well! In fact, so well that its all I seem to want to do these days, trade beer. I have beer coming out of my ears and am overwhelmed with beer excitement. I just wanted to publicly thank this community and specifically the few traders that I have worked with so far.

Kodi - from San Francisco (the first person I traded with) is a great guy and I appreciate everything he helps me get. Our second trade should be completed tomorrow afternoon.
    Surge1311 - from Rhode Island is straight up kick ass! I will be friends with him for life! We are currently working on our 3rd trade together.
    TheLostGringo - from Connecticut and is another great guy and I expect to trade with him often.

I have some more trades in the pipeline and hope to continue contributing to this awesome beer community for many many years. Thanks!
  14. ant880

ant880 Nov 7, 2010 New York

Check out some of the Super Bowl Squares hauls, 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0. Winning BA's (I am fortunate enough to be one) have been getting their asses kicked with unbelievably generous hauls. That should put some wind beneath your sails OP.
    Lordkrystic and gpawned like this.
  15. abecall98

abecall98 Aug 11, 2007 California
    Beer Trader

Hungout with Kodi during the Eclipse event, great and fun guy.
    RWNay likes this.
  16. cbeer88

cbeer88 Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

I really wish there was an easier way for people to see just how many trades happen and just how smooth the vast majority of them are. Reading the trading forum, you would think that people are getting screwed on a regular basis. Realistically though, we might see one bad trader a week, yet there are hundreds of trades going on every week. The bad eggs are a very tiny percentage, and most of them are avoidable with reasonable precautions.
  17. Steimie

Steimie Jan 7, 2012 Michigan

1. Every single person from the LNBA Secret Santa (and now Easter BIFsket) group. Never seen a bunch of generous guys like these dudes.
    2. Minnesotaryan--he knows why he's on this list.
    3. MarkIntihar--keeps me full of Ohio goodness.

There's so many good traders out there. If you're considering getting into trading, just shoot a note to any of the BA's listed by anyone in this thread and they'll get you going.
  18. Rempo

Rempo Jan 18, 2010 Indiana

baconsausage travelled to Canada to goandpickitupformebro my personal white whale.

pschul4 has stayed away from my house/family for a few months, so that's been nice.

celticfutblclub sent a glass engraved with my avatar on it.
  19. LopeJuice

LopeJuice Aug 23, 2012 New York

how do you get involved in these bif groups? The only threads i see in the IT section are for groups that have already been filled... thanks
  20. Shagtastic

Shagtastic Jul 30, 2011 Indiana

We all are... I think he's the devil and we're just slowly signing our souls over to him
  21. richardflyr

richardflyr Jul 28, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

We have a Bad Trader List - why not a Good Trader List? Give people a place to post their positive experiences with traders.
    DogfishJoe likes this.
  22. Steimie

Steimie Jan 7, 2012 Michigan

New ones get posted fairly often. Keep watching the board.
  23. Rau71

Rau71 Dec 12, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

There is usually a post like NBO: yada yada. Or Blank BIF sign ups. Look out for those!
  24. oldp0rt

oldp0rt Feb 24, 2011 Quebec (Canada)

Because I'm running out of time as it is :D
    FishPondManager, gpawned and Rutager like this.
  25. richardflyr

richardflyr Jul 28, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Psh, it would just be a massive amount of work to handle and do properly, and create another potential source for drama!

...forget I said anything! :D
  26. jl28r1

jl28r1 Jan 10, 2011 Texas

I couldn't agree more, Brad could be the classiest BA out there.

Cheers !
    gpawned and libbey like this.
  27. LopeJuice

LopeJuice Aug 23, 2012 New York

will do, thanks!
  28. Romulux

Romulux Jan 28, 2008 Michigan

I have been around since 2008 like the OP. I am cynical and jaded about today's trade forums like lots of long timers but in my 5+ years here I have gotten to know so many great people and traders, my cup runneth over!

Karma is real and it usually comes to you with long time trading partnerships. I will name a bunch of god ole karma boyz (in no particular order) tewaris, shmeal, 7ways(I hear you are coming out of retirement! Woot!), bombadil, johndoe8(king karma), dudeabide, alexander(sorry, I lost your dog), oldport(we have only traded once but you are a cool cat and do a great job w/ bad trader list) and Bcgabbo! I would feel like a heel if I did not mention my hardcore group of tasting buds (camil1mj, tjohn2401 and wintbs379) beer brought us together but we are now great friends.

OK, I feel all ickey after being sweet and sappy:confused: I need to post something snarky, sarcastic and pointless.
    tewaris likes this.
  29. oldp0rt

oldp0rt Feb 24, 2011 Quebec (Canada)

I had a real good trade with you and hope we can do that again
    Romulux likes this.
  30. tewaris

tewaris Jul 14, 2009 Minnesota

Everyone I trade with regularly, it is for a reason. Here in alphabetical order are:

Solid traders all around.
    MarkIntihar and Romulux like this.
  31. markmcconv

markmcconv Jan 7, 2013 Illinois

My 1st trade was completed this week, as I received my box yesterday.
    My 2nd trade began today, as I sent out my box just now.

I am obsessed. I'm pretty sure I enjoy sending moreso than receiving. :)
  32. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Nov 7, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

I have been a long time lurker around here. Have finally just said eff it and have been getting involved.

Have traded twice now and have been more than satisfied.

DrHopHead sent me a BM about a post I made with a want. And we had a smooth transaction with plenty of communication.

Badb_rad hit me up also with something I was looking for that he had an extra of. I tried my best to make it worth his while.

And now currently have a trade going that I turned the tables and contacted my new trade partner with a want of theirs. I decided to crush his doorstep with a 28 pounder ! :D it just feels good to make someone beer happy!

Tomorrow will be Christmas Corey ! :)
  33. cavedave

cavedave Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

'Sswhat I'm talking about.
  34. cavedave

cavedave Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

I just had the latest campaign of a multi year escalating battle land on my porch. This will not go unanswered, I can assure you.
    oregonskibum likes this.
  35. jrnyc

jrnyc Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

i have been trading for a couple of years, never had a problem, all good trades, knock on wood. Have made some great trading partners.
  36. Envelopes

Envelopes Aug 26, 2012 Ohio

I haven't been here long but I have had such great experiences.

JakeT469 helped me through my first trade and hit me with some killer extras, TIMMYJ21 & makdeco both sent me Heady as extras in simple, small trades and mtbdonn has been nothing but fantastic - we're three trades deep so far and setting up a fourth next month.

Then there's local guys like itsthepleats who revealed some secret spots in town for tracking down a beer I was dying to get and TurdFurgison who hooked me up with beers from his personal stash when I missed out at a release.

Oh and most recently beernads hit me with a Huna in a Noob BIF!

It's been real good!
    gpawned likes this.
  37. lucas1801

lucas1801 Apr 5, 2012 Massachusetts

I ran an LIF where Bread was getting beer, kind of a thank you LIF for the Sandy Hook LIF. In mine the winner and Brad would get a box from me and the winner also would send a box to Brad. Wouldn't you know Brad poked around and got my address and sent me a box that arrived the same day his box arrived, I will have my revenge for that one. And gpawned is cool as well and was the winner of the LIF and will be getting his box shortly. Of course everyone that got involved just wanted Brad's address and some of them may have;)
    gpawned likes this.
  38. markmcconv

markmcconv Jan 7, 2013 Illinois

Such a wonderful feeling.
    I (don't really) wish I wasn't headed out of the country in a little over a month so I can continue trading. Alas, my flights are booked and my wallet is tight, therefore I will receive only one more box before my trip.

However, once I return from my backpacking 'venture, I am going to dive right back in. Maybe join one of the IT trade groups to give that a whirl.

Thank you to the BeerAdvocate community for welcoming me to your forum, and accepting me as a noobie trader. Looking forward to working my way up to a novice trader with you guys.

39. GrumpyOldTroll

GrumpyOldTroll May 5, 2012 New Jersey

I'm fortunate to have a number of awesome trade partners, locally and not so locally. The best part about trading is that I've made a number of very good friends out of it. Totoropanda, Evilc, thebeerbug, cosmicevan, dtmets, speedwayjim, Jbuddle, Sean and mike, I'm sure I'm leaving people out. You guys are awesome!
  40. raczkowski

raczkowski May 16, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

jaispoann has really outdone himself...what turned out to be him looking for CCB regulars has turned into a relationship that will continue for quite some time. in december he searched all day for me 2 cherry ryes and 2 BCBCS stouts...i sent him a whole case of hopslam last week and he said a mystery box was coming and it came today: 6 nugget nectar and great lakes edmund fitzgerald...which i might add was a box that was not planned..i cant wait to repay him with some phenomenalbeers to get back even....

on a side note, all the traders i have dealt with have been top notch. i just hope the boxes i have sent have been the same way. generous extras (especially sliks) as well as great packing. in the 30 trades ive done, only 2 bottles have broken and it wasnt the fault of the trader (ive sent way worse boxes packed and they made it lol).
    GrumpyOldTroll likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!