Post a picture of your latest beer haul (2020)

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by bbtkd, Jan 1, 2020.

1. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (3,253) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Welcome to the 2020 edition of the "Post a picture of your latest beer haul". This is where Beer Advocates share pictures of their most recent beer haul, including any appropriate explanation. Please keep this on-subject. This is a great barometer of distribution in other markets and a chance to see what each other has found. That said, let's go!

TheHopsman, DISKORD, Jas0921 and 13 others like this.
  2. bbtkd

Society Trader

Jumping the gun here, but it is New Year's Day on the East coast. Seven new-to-me beers and yet another BCBS Café de Olla.

[​IMG]

3. bbtkd

Society Trader

A bit of trivia here. In the past few years, here are how many posts appeared on this annual thread;
    A decreasing number of posts could indicate we've gotten better at staying on topic. :wink: Or there are fewer of us taking the time to hassle with the image hosting services and the technology to get it there. If you have questions how to do that, feel free to ask. Please try to post clear pictures close enough to read the labels. Additional lighting and cropping help. To avoid rotation issues, hold your phone horizontally with the button to the right. Have fun, show us your hauls!

#3 bbtkd, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  4. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Savant (932) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Society

Quite a few new to me beers that my brother hauled back from his Chicago trip.
    [​IMG]

5. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (2,627) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

While in OBX, NC picked up a “build your own six pack” of various NC brewery IPAs and a four pack of Kentucky BB Ale.
    [​IMG]

drunkenmess, Txex06, DISKORD and 25 others like this.
  6. vtcraft

vtcraft Initiate (160) Apr 1, 2013 Vermont
    Trader

For me it’s the hassle of using image hosting, I know how and after winning the Super Bowl squares a few years back I felt obligated to post the victory boxes. It was a PITA so once done with those boxes I quit. I would post more if it was easier

7. bbtkd

Society Trader

Some hosting services are easier than others, particularly if they include tools. I take pics on my phone, share them to my DropBox, then go to my laptop, edit (crop, etc), get a link, and post. I can usually do all of that within a minute or two. I do almost all of my posting from home because it's more challenging to do it all from a phone. Like anything, the more you do it, the faster it is.

Some use free hosting services to good success, while others run into barriers like image size, longevity, views per month, reliability, features, etc.

DoctorZombies likes this.
  8. vtcraft

vtcraft Initiate (160) Apr 1, 2013 Vermont
    Trader

Thanks, but that is just another “app”
    to store my pics and then to my laptop when I’m home with the kids wanting my attention blah blah blah , it needs to be easier.

9. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (6,308) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Trader

From today.

Cheers!
    [​IMG]

TheHopsman, Txex06, DISKORD and 19 others like this.
  10. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Poo-Bah (2,419) Oct 4, 2017 Germany
    Moderator Society Trader

First mixed sixer of the year, the first many more to come.

[​IMG]

• Hanscraft - Bohemia Crown (APA)
    • Hanscraft - Yakima River (APA)
    • De Molen - Hel & Verdoemenis (Imperial Stout)
    • Lowlander - Poorter (Porter with vanilla and licorice)
    • Timmermans - Bourgogne des Flandres (Flanders Red Ale)
    • Pohjala - Öö (Imperial Baltic Porter)

puboflyons, Txex06, DISKORD and 20 others like this.
  11. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (2,103) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

A couple classics to write up full reviews and a local RIS I’ve not found till this year. Happy New Year, Hunting and Hauling!

[​IMG]

12. TomFoolery_x

TomFoolery_x Initiate (137) Oct 4, 2012 Illinois
    Trader

My first treehouse haul!

[​IMG]

13. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (6,308) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Trader

From today.

Cheers!
    [​IMG]

14. adrock314

adrock314 Crusader (746) Apr 14, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

people keep complaining about the difficulty of posting images and I honestly don’t understand the problem. I use Imgur and find it extremely simple to do from both the iOS app and the full website. Elapsed time from pic to post is like 30 seconds.

15. bbtkd

Society Trader

I came home today to an incredible porch-bomb from @Justonemore91. I'm thinking I'll do a BCBS Reserve 2018/2019 vertical on NBS. The beers will be vertical, I may not be! I had been drooling over the Blackbeard's Bear Hug folks on WBAYDN have been having, and two of those were in the box too!

[​IMG]

16. TomFoolery_x

Trader

I use postimage and it’s the same thing. Literally no problem whatsoever. I think I spend more time trying to take a picture with the perfect lighting/angle than I do actually uploading and posting said image.

17. TomFoolery_x

Trader

That’s quite the porch bomb indeed! Makes me wonder what kind of payload landed on his porch :laughing:

Barettes, FBarber and bbtkd like this.
  18. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (3,464) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society

26 days 'til my next beer, so this will have to do!
    Cheers!?!

[​IMG]

19. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (1,738) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

Today an unexpected and unsolicited box landed on my porch. There have been posts/threads about the generosity of various BAs, and the person who sent this to me stands as one of the best. I'm floored by his thoughtfulness and kindness and speechless about the beers he sent. I will, of course, pay him back as best I can in time. But what's great about this community are so many people are so generous just for the enjoyment of sharing great beers with others!

Thank you!

[​IMG]

20. bobv

bobv Poo-Bah (3,464) Feb 3, 2009 Vermont
    Society

21. TheGent

Society Trader

I must thank @SierraNevallagash for once again hooking me up with a long time want. This beer has some sentimental value as it shares a name with my wife. Eric, thank you for your generosity. I look forward to returning the favor!

[​IMG]

22. JamFuel

JamFuel Poo-Bah (4,768) Mar 26, 2009 Sweden
    Moderator Society

[​IMG]

First little haul of 2020. This is probably the weakest haul I've ever made. By that I mean in alcoholic content. In Sweden only beer under 3.5% ABV can be sold outside of special stores. These beer are called folköl (folkbeer or peoplebeer). They used to be mostly boring macro stuff, but the last few years have seen a boom of craft breweries making really interesting low alcohol beers. I also happen to have one of the better stores in Sween for this kind of beer about 5 minutes away from me, so I will make sure to go back frequently. From left:

Brekeriet Vild Rips
    Brekeriet Picnic Sunrise
    Beersmiths Folk IPA
    Sibbarps Husbryggeri Folklager
    Rocket Brewing/Secret Sister Brewing Our Space
    Lervig Magellanic Clouds

DISKORD, TimG_0913, nruhlig and 15 others like this.
  23. Eddiehop

Eddiehop Zealot (576) Jun 28, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Shiitttt. I wish my beer trading buddies would porch bomb me with a King Henry! I had to trade organs the last few years to land it. You have a good friend indeed. Looks like you probably need to grab your most prized beer and toss it in a return box and send it his way, lol.

TimG_0913, bbtkd and jvgoor3786 like this.
  24. TheGent

Society Trader

I was out buying some wine and two things caught my eye while perusing the beer section. The Coffee version of the RIS that I purchased earlier this week, and the Three Philosophers mixed pack. I’m seeing more than ever these mixed packs with glasses. Maybe it’s just leftover from the holiday season.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy Hunting and Hauling!

25. jvgoor3786

jvgoor3786 Poo-Bah (1,738) May 28, 2015 Arkansas
    Society Trader

I know :astonished:. And that's the beauty of this site and many of the people in it. Trouble is, there's not many "most prized beers" that come close to King Henry. I've got a few ideas though...

adrock314 and Eddiehop like this.
  26. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Devotee (411) Mar 29, 2010 Indiana
    Trader

27. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Devotee (411) Mar 29, 2010 Indiana
    Trader

That's a good fucking haul. Zombie Dust is one of my all time favorite beers but lizard king and twisted Galaxy might be better

TimG_0913 likes this.
  28. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (2,990) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Visited family in NJ for the past week and compiled this haul of some old standbys, big want, and new beers. The 12 pack of Yards Brawler I also picked up never made it home ...
    [​IMG]

29. bbtkd

Society Trader

About what mile-marker did it fall out? :thinking_face:

30. SudsDoctor

SudsDoctor Zealot (590) Nov 23, 2008 New York
    Society

Did I get a little carried away? Between this and several cellared bottles I won’t be buying more beer until April.
    [​IMG]

31. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (2,990) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

:joy: the best kind of "road kill"

TimG_0913 and bbtkd like this.
  32. Jas0921

Jas0921 Initiate (32) Nov 6, 2014 Florida
    Trader

[​IMG]
    Fun little haul.
    I never found hoptimum this year, and SN beers tend to hold up over time, so even an April bottle dating is worth a single.

33. SierraNevallagash

SierraNevallagash Zealot (568) Sep 23, 2018 Maine
    Trader

Quite a decent haul today. Got some trade bottles, some free samples to review and decide if I want to take them on into the shop, some personal purchases, and two free growlers from the wonderful Goose Island distributors...shhh, I know...I know...just let me pretend.

As follows...

[​IMG]
    Trade:
    Bottle Logic Fundamental Observation b4
    Bottle Logic El Duende

[​IMG]
    Personal purchase:
    Founders - KBS Espresso (finally!)
    Samichlaus
    Mystic (discontinued) - De Varenne
    '18 Rising Tide - Hesperus (BA Barleywine) 1 of 900
    Hill Farmstead x Brasserie Blaugies - La Vermontoise
    Liquid Riot - Straight To Black Out (peated single malt cask aged imperial stout)
    Founders - Frangelic Mountain (finally!)
    Founders - Underground Mountain
    [​IMG]
    Samples for review (for work)
    Shalom Orchard - Dry Mead
    Shalom Orchard - Blueberry Wine
    Norway Brewing - Maine State Of Mind (new age pils x2
    Norway Brewing - Mr. Grumpy Pants (oatmeal coffee stout)
    Norway Brewing - Lust For Gold (IPA???)
    [​IMG]
    The money shot

[​IMG]
    Dem jugs tho.

34. Eddiehop

Eddiehop Zealot (576) Jun 28, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Famous last words...

bbtkd and SudsDoctor like this.
  35. Jasonja1474

Jasonja1474 Initiate (88) Oct 15, 2018 Tennessee
    Trader

I use imgur but can’t get it to populate the actual image anymore. This is from my iphone10 . It just puts the link to go to imgur or if I use url button on here it just says IMG.

bbtkd likes this.
  36. adrock314

Society Trader

If you're using the imgur app, once you've uploaded the photo go to your profile (the "person" link at the bottom right.) Then click the post (image) you want to post to BA. Then give it a "double click"... hold the image and a menu will pop up. Click the "copy post link" (2nd option). Now go to BA and in the post menu click the image link and then paste it into the field. I know this sounds complicated, but once you do it a few times it's second nature.

JayORear and bbtkd like this.
  37. Jasonja1474

Trader

7irondave and bbtkd like this.
  38. adrock314

Society Trader

Sorry not trying to be difficult...just to reiterate you have to click Copy Post Link not Copy Link while in imgur. When you get back to BA you have to click the add image button (the one with the mountain) and then paste in the link. If that's what you're doing then idk what to say. That's what I've been doing for a while and I have no issues.

bbtkd likes this.
  39. Jasonja1474

Trader

Your not being difficult brother, very helpful! I only have a copy link button on imgur. I don’t see a copy post link button. But I do use the mountain icon on BA. Can I PM you a screen shot of what I see?

Beer_Economicus and bbtkd like this.
  40. adrock314

Society Trader

PM'd

bbtkd likes this.