Post a picture of your latest haul - Canadian Edition

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jerk_Store, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Jerk_Store

Jerk_Store Disciple (329) Feb 13, 2015 Quebec (Canada)
    Trader

Hey guys, always fun to see what everyone found on any given day/week/month. Since (almost) no one on the main board can appreciate the quality of the hauls we sometimes pull in up here, I thought we could have our own haul thread :slight_smile:

I'll get it started with this week's haul: BTP Pink Fuzz for the GF, Red Racer Imperial IPA, got a couple Cuvée René (one to drink, one to go in the corner for a couple years), NickleBrook Winey Bastard, 2 Octopus Wants to Fight IPA's from GLB and Les Trois Mousquetaire's American Barleywine :slight_smile:

Cheers to the weekend!

[​IMG]

pudoo, dabeerbuddha, FEUO and 8 others like this.
  2. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Poo-Bah (1,589) Mar 7, 2013 Quebec (Canada)

Cool idea!

Hit the nail on the ol' head.

Shanex and Jerk_Store like this.
  3. Kump

Kump Initiate (0) May 23, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)

This trade & travel hauls?

4. MCBanjoMike

MCBanjoMike Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2014 Quebec (Canada)

@Jerk_Store It looks like you found both Immoralité and Super A recently? Are they out in the wild right now?

For my part, I'm gonna grab a fresh four-pack of La Tribale DIPA today.

5. pirate99gs

pirate99gs Initiate (66) Nov 9, 2014 Quebec (Canada)

Damn you! Where did you find the Octopus?? It still doesn't show in LCBO inventory

And Kudos to starting this thread!

6. pirate99gs

Super A was the beginning of the week. Immoralite is today...Veux tu un Biere has it for sure

7. Jerk_Store

Trader

Super A was available at Peluso on monday, Immortalité was at Broue Ha Ha in Gatineau before today, had it on Wednesday. That Robohop is very nice, preferred it to Immortalité actually.

8. Jerk_Store

Trader

McBanjo, where did you get Ma Brasserie DIPA? Couldn't find it anywhere in mtl last weekend :slight_frown:

9. Mlkluther

Mlkluther Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2014 Alberta (Canada)

How do you post pics on this site?

10. CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2015 Quebec (Canada)
    Premium

you upload them to a site like Photobucket or Imagepost.org then copy the direct link and insert it in the window that pops up when you click the little photo in the toolbar here :slight_smile: hope that helps.

Mlkluther likes this.
  11. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Defender (694) Apr 21, 2014 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

I'll play.

A bunch of local releases over the past week or two, and I just couldn't help myself... Not pictured is all the GLB Octopus Wants to Fight, Bellwoods Monogamy Mosaic and Double Jutsu already in the fridge, and some other stuff I am likely forgetting.

Burdock Brett Lime Saison
    Bellwoods Barn Owl 3
    Great Lakes Currant Affair Black Currant Dubbel
    Great Lakes Harry Porter and the Curiously Spiced Cocoa Bean

[​IMG]

12. boney77

boney77 Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2008 Ontario (Canada)

Pretty much my activities today as well, but swapped out GLB for Indie and their Ritual Madness. A few of those will likely be making an appearance in my CANBIF box.

Corson and Coronaeus like this.
  13. Mlkluther

Mlkluther Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2014 Alberta (Canada)

Thanks!

CanadianBacon likes this.
  14. Corson

Corson Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2014 Alberta (Canada)

Thank you so much for starting this thread!! A few times I post my Canadian hauls in the regular one and it never gets the recognition it should.

This trade just arrived today thanks to @Coronaeus super stoked to try all these goodies!

[​IMG]

FEUO, Jerk_Store, Whatup14 and 7 others like this.
  15. CanadianBacon

Premium

@Jerk_Store @Corson, Sadly its not just the "Post your latest haul" thread, I dont know if you have noticed but time and time again when I post a Canadian brew in WBAYDN, the Americans posting after me with Their brews or Lambics get more likes... The bigger problem at hand is not people not appreciating Canadian Brews but more people not appreciating brews they haven't seen before.

Sadly we're too small a group here to make a big inroads in solving this problem. So I hope your right and this post makes up for the missed respect, Because it sucks spending so much time here to work twice as hard to be recognized.

papposilenus likes this.
  16. boney77

boney77 Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2008 Ontario (Canada)

Daaaamn. That is one fine box. Have fun drinking that and props to Coronaeus for the leg work putting that together.

17. papposilenus

papposilenus Champion (861) Jun 21, 2014 New Hampshire

Not me! I appreciate the bejeezus out of Quebec beers and I like all your posts except, maybe sometimes, the Molsons or Labatts or whatever and, even those, I pretend to like, at least enough to push the button.

CanadianBacon and Corson like this.
  18. yasky

yasky Disciple (349) Dec 21, 2008 Ontario (Canada)

We (Canadians as a whole?) tend to under-rate a lot of our own stuff by comparison, where other audiences tend to over-rate theirs to an extent.

19. CanadianBacon

Premium

I don't even really like those I'm just laid off so I have to play with my beer money to keep drinking, Which when sitting at home 24-7 you want more off... its a loosing battle.

I know you like my posts, Its not everybody, I love posting and dont intend to stop but a lot of the time I wantch posts around mine (Le Castor, DDC, St-ambroise BA stouts ect..) get 35-40 like and im sitting at 22. I'm just saying it happens.

20. dabeerbuddha

dabeerbuddha Aspirant (294) Feb 4, 2016 Ontario (Canada)

This is so true. I have been intimidated from posting on the WBAYD forum. It is a cross border divide. This is a great thread. Possibly start a WBAYDYN Canada Version. A tribute to our beer makers.

papposilenus likes this.
  21. CanadianBacon

Premium

I wouldn't be against a Canada WBAYDN thread, It could be kind of fun and our community on here is growing, With that said, don't let them intimidate you from joining in. It's inevitable, we will get less likes most of the time but there are still lots of people on there interested in brews from all over. In the 6 months since I've joined BA I've made tons of friends on that thread and am less than 700 likes away from Champion status XD. so you still can have fun with it.

papposilenus likes this.
  22. papposilenus

I'd love to see 'New Beer Sunday, eh?' featuring only Canadian beers. Still post to WBAYDN but save the good stuff for Canadians, broad-minded Americans in adjacent states, and displaced herring chokers.

#22 papposilenus, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    souvenirs and CanadianBacon like this.
  23. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2012 Ontario (Canada)

I'd suggest the cross border shopping/travel/trades may be best suited for a Canadian dickswing thread.... or the main beer hauls thread for bragging.

Whereas this thread would likely benefit from showcasing and sharing what beers we get within our own borders.

TheDoctor likes this.
  24. TheDoctor

New Beer Sund, eh

Lurkaholic, Kump and CanadianBacon like this.
  25. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Defender (694) Apr 21, 2014 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

You are probably imparting far more intentionality to the use of "likes" than actually exists. Who knows why anyone uses the feature. There are probably as many reasons as there are users. I'm sure some only hit like when they see a beer they have had.

To build on part of @yasky 's point. I'd say that American users tend to rate our beers much, much higher than we do on average. How else do you explain the rating for Flying Monkeys stuff? I'd bet that if you were able to separate the American and Canadian ratings/reviews of Peche Mortel, you'd find the average from American users is higher. And, that is currently our top rated beer.

It would be nice if this thread showcased Canadian beer hauls, as @FEUO states. That said, the more photos of good beers the better in my opinion, so I'd be happy to see what foreign beers Canadian users are getting to try too. Even cross-posting CANBIF loot is fine in my books.

Beer!

26. Jerk_Store

Trader

Big time, couldn't agree more. I guess it's hard to get americans excited about our stuff when we're such tough critics in comparison.

The best rated canadian beer has a 97 score overall. Compared to some of the 100's I see from the states, it should be rated at 100. Outside of the top 4, the ratings drop to 94.

27. MCBanjoMike

I go straight to the source - I live right near MaBrasserie, where it's made. Their boutique is usually only open on Thursdays and Fridays, I check their Facebook page from time to time and swing by when it's really fresh. You can also pick some up at Peluso or Le Frigo de Bacchus sometimes, but there's less guarantee of freshness in that case. I find MaBrasserie's stuff falls off fairly quickly, but that might not be as much of a problem since they had their canning line adjusted near the beginning of the year.

Man, I've gotta try Super A and Immoralité. My girlfriend's family came over yesterday and drank a bunch of my beer, maybe I could justify a trip down to Peluso tonight...

28. Kump

Kump Initiate (0) May 23, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)

[​IMG]

29. papposilenus

You know - and I probably shouldn't even admit this - it took me all day before I got it.

That's brilliant, and if somebody doesn't do it, then the internet is broken.

Whatup14 and Coronaeus like this.
  30. CanadianBacon

Premium

Tiny haul with some good IPA's
    - a 6 pack of moralite
    - 2 bottles of Yakima IPA
    - 1 bottle of TDD Le Baron Noir (balitc porter)
    - 1 bottle of Brasseurs de Montreal Griffintown blonde
    - 1 can of Farnham Hefeweizen
    - 1 can of Farnham IPA Americain.
    [​IMG]
    Downside of being a regular at a small shop, Immoralite has been out since the first and he told me he'll have it by Friday the 8th. Oh well considering paluso is a 35 min drive and hes less than 5 ill wait it out.

FEUO, Shanex, papposilenus and 3 others like this.
  31. MCBanjoMike

I called Peluso yesterday and they said they weren't getting Immoralité in until tomorrow, so you won't be waiting much longer if you decide to buy at your local. Looking forward to grabbing a few of those myself...

CanadianBacon likes this.
  32. CanadianBacon

Premium

good to know, Thanks for the heads up.

33. dabeerbuddha

dabeerbuddha Aspirant (294) Feb 4, 2016 Ontario (Canada)

You guys are so lucky!

34. pirate99gs

Think of it this way: you have a better chance of getting the fresher batch (2 weeks old versus 7)

My shop is getting it Friday as well.

CanadianBacon and TheDoctor like this.
  35. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Disciple (339) Oct 24, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)

Hmm. 4 haul pics outta 33 posts :astonished: So here's a haul

[​IMG]
    Quick spree at Central City Liquor Store
    4 Packs - Dark Side Of The Moon, Yellow Dog Wit, S&O Royal City, Red Racer IPA For Autism, Bomber RIS tall boys, 4Winds Berliner.
    Bombers - Dunham Rustique, Gigantic MOST Most Premium, Fuggles Warlock Super8Bit

FEUO, Mlkluther, papposilenus and 7 others like this.
  36. TheDoctor

And here I thought that the West Island was some vast, untamed wilderness near Toronto. It takes me 35 minutes to get there on public transport. Honk if you're driving there and you can give me a ride on your way past my place haha

VABA and CanadianBacon like this.
  37. CanadianBacon

Premium

Sounds like a plan! lol

38. westcoastbeergeek

westcoastbeergeek Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2015 British Columbia (Canada)

Here's the Canadian beers I bought, multiples not shown. The Dixieme by LTM is exciting!

[​IMG]

Phyl21ca, FEUO, Mlkluther and 6 others like this.
  39. Jerk_Store

Trader

Well, tried one last night, so returned a Robohop, Rochefort 10 and 2 Octopus today for these. Don't know why this is a limited release... Up there with Vermont hoppy beers in my opinion ans probably 2nd best Canadian beer!

[​IMG]

Phyl21ca, FEUO, Mlkluther and 5 others like this.
  40. pirate99gs

Where did you go? Was thinking of heading to LCBO tomorrow