Post Black Friday Bourbon County

Discussion in 'US - West' started by Drift, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mig100

mig100 Aug 3, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Just now picked up a 4 pack of the BCBBW at Walgreens Hollywood. $21.99

2. reidjoshua

reidjoshua May 3, 2013 Florida

Yea, I didn't get what was up his ass. But both people went in the back to check for me.

3. JayORear

JayORear Feb 22, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

The sense it makes is that some shops got literally one case, and they're trying to share it with as many regular customers as possible.

4. CplCast

CplCast Oct 15, 2013 California

They don't mind if you bring in food and they have a binder full of takeout menus by the bar.

5. 64vdub

64vdub Feb 20, 2014 California
    Trader

Walgreens? Whoah man, I need to expand my search grounds, lol.

pourmeanothr, GetMeAnIPA and Rocket80 like this.
  6. GolfingGq

GolfingGq Apr 6, 2013 California
    Trader

I am in management for Safeway in NorCal, and I know most of these guys going into the back wouldn't even know what Celebration or Sculpin is. Until I brought Sculpin into my store, nobody there had ever even heard of it. Safeway isn't ver craft savvy unless you are in an upscale market, and even then the liquor guys have NO clue.

7. RJS83

RJS83 Nov 12, 2014 New York

Liquid Experience in San Francisco (Upper Haight) just received a case of Vanilla and BCBBW today. From what I understand, no limits.

AndresR likes this.
  8. lincolnbeard

lincolnbeard Dec 12, 2010 California

that's the thing, most people doing 1 bottle limits are doing it just to be dicks and maximize profits with mark ups or trying to weasel in new customers by offering them a BC.

9. TTC

TTC Jul 16, 2013 California

My friend told me and I'm basically crying at my desk.

10. elev8917

elev8917 Dec 10, 2013 Illinois

can confirm. just got among the last BCBS and BCBBW 4 packs. guy ahead of me got the last vanilla.

11. mig100

mig100 Aug 3, 2014 Texas
    Trader

You're correct. I've asked several shops with 1 bottle limits, that I've stopped through recently, how much they got and most got 4, 5 or 6 cases worth.

I've more than had my fill so... for anyone in the central LA area still looking for BCBS, here are the places I know of that still have it right now:

Cap N' Cork in Los Feliz - Regular BCBS, 1 bottle limit, $7.99 each
    Sunset Beer Co in Echo Park - Regular BCBS, 2 bottle limit, $6.41 each - fyi these are the GOLD cap bottles
    BevMo Pasadena - Regular BCBS. Not sure on the limit or price

12. RJS83

I am glad I had to leave work early and was able to pick up two bottles of Vanilla :slight_smile:.

AndresR and Speedoguy like this.
  13. Oakhtar

Oakhtar Jul 6, 2013 California

Just picked up a Vanilla. Coffee is expected to show up next week. I would hold off on trying to trade for it for the people looking. Seems like it is still hitting the shelves.

14. 64vdub

Trader

Do share. Where may I ask?

15. 64vdub

Trader

Do share. Where may I ask? Lol

16. RJS83

It was Liquid Experience in San Francisco (Upper Haight). Based on @elev8917 post, all the Vanilla is gone.

17. Beerthrash

Beerthrash Dec 13, 2009 California

Seems they were speaking about Liquid Experience

18. 64vdub

Trader

Thanks guys. I'm in L.A and was just wondering.

19. Ferrari805

Ferrari805 Nov 20, 2013 California

There's Vanilla at cork n bottle in San Luis obispo, for the low,low price of
    $99.99. Asked why it's so much?... "We are in a shitty economy, and this is one of the rarest beers in the world so it is gonna be pricy" if I bought 2 he would take off 10$ On the purchase.... Nawwww I'm good !

20. mig100

mig100 Aug 3, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Holy shit, that's messed up.

21. Beerthrash

Beerthrash Dec 13, 2009 California

So fucking rare. Only 10000000 bottlz made by the raaarest brewery geese island.

22. JohnCassillo

JohnCassillo Mar 29, 2013 California

Just arrived at Vendome BH tonight... bummed I can't get over there, but for those close, it's $26.99 for a four-pack.

RJS83 likes this.
  23. CyberMonk

CyberMonk May 18, 2010 California

Picked up Barleywine and Coffee in East Bay today. Or at least I thought I did; Barleywine is 2014, but I realized once I was home that the Coffee was actually 2013 bottles, d'oh! Oh well; I've not had a bottle in a while but I'm sure it's still tasting great.

Wonder if this is distributor shenanigans or what. Was at BevMo and they brought it out from the back, arrived today (which is why I didn't bother inspecting the bottle on arrival).

24. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

Aged 2013 coffee still tastes better than fresh 2014.

25. sourdog

sourdog Feb 24, 2014 California
    Trader

Same thing happened to me. I was at Harry's Hoffbrau in San Leandro yesterday and they had bottles of BCBBW and BCBCS at 1 bottle limit of each. When I checked the BCBCS later I realized it was 2013. Look forward to doing a side-by-side with 2014. FYI, Beer Rev also got 1 case of BCBBW yesterday. They had bottles to go, limit of 1.

26. BrewerB

BrewerB Mar 5, 2008 North Carolina

Agreed.

27. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Oct 1, 2014 California

Scored 8 coffee singles this week, 3 of em yesterday. Thrilled to have landed it since camping out on black friday just isn't an option. Now if the vanilla gods would smile down on me my life would be complete.

28. grilledsquid

grilledsquid Jul 10, 2009 California
    Trader

you gotta cough up your spot otherwise your post can be interpreted as gloating.

29. Nisfornike

Nisfornike Apr 5, 2013 California

Where in the east bay may I ask? Anyone know if whole foods (norcal) received any vanilla/barley/coffee variants?

30. Rotero24

Rotero24 Aug 6, 2013 California

I went to whole foods on Gilman today and noticed that Barleywine was sold out. They had an empty shelf with the price tag telling me that they must of had some come in within the last day or so.

31. Highbrow

Highbrow Jan 7, 2011 California
    Trader

Fremont did Friday morning - no vanilla, everything else tho.

32. Nisfornike

Nisfornike Apr 5, 2013 California

Nice and thanks for the heads up! Probably sold out, but I'll have to check that out

33. DCLAguy11

DCLAguy11 Feb 28, 2014 California

For those interested, Naja's Place in Redondo Beach is having a BC event tomorrow (Thursday) night at 7pm:
    "Tomorrow night starting at 7:00, it's Bourbon County night! Bourbon County Vanilla, 2013 and 2014 Bourbon County, Bourbon County barley wine and 2 more surprises!"

Curb71, stoutsandporters and mig100 like this.
  34. Drift

Drift Mar 26, 2014 California
    Trader

Perhaps some bottles for sale!

35. Sumdeus

Sumdeus Mar 17, 2014 Indiana

All locations of congregation should be tapping bcbs and others starting at 7 tonight.

stoutsandporters and mig100 like this.
  36. BeerMoto

BeerMoto Jul 26, 2014 California
    Trader

WTB some NorCal tappings!

37. jkeough

jkeough Nov 13, 2013 California

I just picked up two 2013 Coffees around noon today at Whole Foods in Berkeley. There were at least 4 Barleywines as well and I think additional Coffee or regulars tucked deeper into the fridge. GL.

38. mig100

mig100 Aug 3, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Thanks guys!

39. CyberMonk

CyberMonk May 18, 2010 California

Sounds like most of the East Bay got '13 Coffee instead of '14. Hear Beer Revolution, along with the Berkeley Whole Foods mentioned above, also got '13, and I got '13 from the BevMo I visited last week.

40. sourdog

sourdog Feb 24, 2014 California
    Trader

Beer Rev got Vanilla yesterday too. I'm out of town but I'm guessing it's gone by now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.