Post Your Cellar Photos - Vol. 2

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by StoutSnob40, Mar 26, 2014.

1. beerKAY

beerKAY Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2016 Ohio

Well I'd love to post some pictures but I keep hitting some sort of spam flagging bc of the embedded pics

2. DontTellMom

DontTellMom Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2016 North Carolina

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Christmas present from my folks. 3 trays each hold 4 bottles horizontally, plus shelves for extra storage. The two drawers hold cans, and the top bin holds glasswear including a stemware rack.

(Ignore the dog food all over the floor, my pup is still learning how to dog.)

3. beerKAY

Wanky shelving is under revision lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#523 beerKAY, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  4. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (4,831) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Society Trader

That shelving made my physically wince. I don't know how you sleep at night!!

5. Jerk_Store

Jerk_Store Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2015 Canada (QC)

Scored a huge Harp Mirror for $40 CAD (for my american friends, that's approximately 2 dollars :confused:) so had to expand a bit!

[​IMG]

byronic, raticus, Raj and 18 others like this.
  6. Mongrel

Mongrel Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2013 Maryland

yo what year are those A&W's?? :stuck_out_tongue:

MOVERTON1284 likes this.
  7. Lazhal

Lazhal Devotee (466) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Trader

Those shelves have "I told you so" written all over them. Please don't make me right!

PA-Michigander and Jerk_Store like this.
  8. beerKAY

I said it was under revision... lol. The shelves came with the house. The previous owner built them to store his home brew. Why you eould build MDF shelves in a bomb shelter is beyond me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. riotontheroad

riotontheroad Devotee (431) Apr 7, 2010 California
    Trader

Finally installed a sliding shelf in my cellar. More room for more beer
    [​IMG]

10. lateralusbeer

lateralusbeer Aspirant (224) Feb 7, 2010 North Carolina
    Trader

Finally finished my chest freezer cleaning this week, added a temperature probe and rescued my cellar from the horrors of the hall closet. My daughter assisted with the counting and sorting.

[​IMG]

Happy with the cellar. Corked beers lay down up top, most because even the stubbiest 12 oz. bottles are still too small for the trays. Temperature probe is set at 52 and seems to be properly functioning.

[​IMG]

11. Rivenin

Rivenin Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2011 Oregon

Moved into a new house, inherited a big fridge ... although i didn't realize this picture sucks as much as i did until i tried to post it... enjoy my craptastic photos!
    Craptastic as in - you can't see the bottom shelf, which is full of barleywine and stouts.

[​IMG]20160314_171210 by Noah Scott, on Flickr

[​IMG]20160314_171205 by Noah Scott, on Flickr

foundersasap and TBonez477 like this.
  12. JrGtr

JrGtr Devotee (427) Apr 13, 2006 Massachusetts

Finally got hold of some good shelving units for my cellar. Gotta put them together and start sorting out my 40-odd boxes of beer / bottles.
    Can someone throw up a link to instructions to post pics? I thought I had that saved somewhere but can't seem to find it.

13. Sprague67

Sprague67 Initiate (0) Aug 1, 2015 Iowa

Ditto, never looked into posting pictures and have no idea how to do so!

14. BrownBottle

BrownBottle Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2014 Maryland

Pretty easy, upload your pictures on a host site like tinypic, they'll give you a direct link for the image. Come back here, under the commenting, there's a button for images that and paste your link

15. Rivenin

Rivenin Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2011 Oregon

16. deadsincebirth

deadsincebirth Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2014 Illinois

Damn! My only advice is less Backwoods and more Expedition! Nice job!

dckepley likes this.
  17. JrGtr

[​IMG] So I may have mentioned I moved a year and some ago into a new place, and of course my beer collection came with.
    [​IMG]

I finally got around to getting shelving and organizing my beer.
    Homebrew
    [​IMG]
    and commercial
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got the shelving built
    [​IMG]
    and things organized.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also hung a curtain over the alcove to make sure it stays nice and dark, though I have the light in there for when I need it. The alcove stays nice and cool - I keep the unfinished part of the basement at 55 degrees, though it may trend a bit north of that in the heat of the summer, it still stays well cooler than the rest of the house down there.
    Most of my homebrew equipment will also live there, I plan to build my brewery just outside, when I get the electric run, I'll be using induction burners for now, and we'll see if I got higher tech than that.
    It's amazing when organizing, how much I forgot I had, and things I found that I thought I had maybe one, that I have 2 or more, like the '09 Bourbon County bomber, I thought I just had one, I have 2, and so forth.

azurel, spinrsx, Mongrel and 12 others like this.
  18. chicagogooner

chicagogooner Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2014 Illinois

I've been drinking a lot of what I have, so mine is looking very small compared to others on here.

[​IMG]

Eddiehop, TBonez477, Btip1969 and 4 others like this.
  19. cervezaesbueno

cervezaesbueno Initiate (69) May 27, 2010 Indiana

20. foundersasap

foundersasap Aspirant (292) Feb 2, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

Like the FW inventory! Trade me please

21. kjrod20

kjrod20 Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2005 New York

Hey man, I'm in the market for shelving as I'm closing on my first house, and i'm digging those shelves. Can you tell me the brand/model/whatever? Thanks.

22. JrGtr

The brand is called Muscle Rack. I got them at Target, oddly enough - they were on a half-off clearance.
    I've seen similar ones at Home Depot or Lowes, they're basically angle iron, with the shelves that notch in. The shelves are particle board. At some point when that craps out I'll replace it with 1/2" plywood or some such. They're rated for 3000 lbs each weight handling.

ItsYourBoyBlue likes this.
  23. fondyball20

fondyball20 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2015 Wisconsin

I got similar shelves then went to home depot and had thick plywood cut to size to replace the cheap particle board. They did all the work and I think it was less then $50

24. JrGtr

That's more or less my plan - but I'm going to wait until the particle board starts to show age.

25. kjrod20

kjrod20 Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2005 New York

When did you two buy the shelves? The reviews are a bit sketchy, it appears the quality diminished over the last year or so. I'm really debating between these shelves and the wire style.

26. fondyball20

fondyball20 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2015 Wisconsin

6 months ago from Menards (any big box should have them). I have had no issues with them besides the cheap particle board, which I replaced right away. The shelf itself is very solid and holds a lot of weight

kjrod20 likes this.
  27. JrGtr

I got mine a few weeks ago - end of March maybe? I don't know if quality is better or worse, but the metal seems fine, and though the wooden sheves themselves aren't the best material, they'll work for now, and like I said, at some point I'll replace it with plywood. I will keep tabs on the slelves, especially the lower ones in back, I presume those will be the first to dry or rot out.

kjrod20 likes this.
  28. BurningSpear

BurningSpear Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2013 Florida

Have 30 other bottles not in here, but would prefer to only have enough to stock this at any given time. Does a great job at maintaining steady temp without any kind of regulator

[​IMG]

29. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2015 Colorado

30. Cuevas87

Cuevas87 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2016 Florida

I'm new to stocking up and actually cellaring beers. I live in central Florida so having an awesome basement set up is out of the question here. So I search and settle for this. After putting just a few in there I knew I needed to
    come up with a better plan because this isn't
    goin to cut it

31. BearPawBrewing

BearPawBrewing Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2015 Kansas

ISO: that water on the bottom shelf

ScottyTheBeerGuy likes this.
  32. Mangbus

Mangbus Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2014 Florida

haha. I had a probe in it to get some temp readings the first few days of operating the new refrigerator. I've since switched to a digital and hidden it in the back.

33. TVEddy

TVEddy Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2015 Missouri

I'm new to cellaring. In the past, beer never made it that long.
    So I have seen a lot of folks keeping the beer on shelves out in the light. I have all of mine tucked away in boxes or brown paper sacks to keep the light out. Is this not as much of a concern as I am making it out to be?

34. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts

A lot of people have it out in the light so you can see the beers in the photo. I imagine a majority of the time the room is dark. At least that is what I've assumed

BrownBottle likes this.
  35. tregan_20

tregan_20 Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut

Anybody have good sources for relatively cheap shelving?

36. MOVERTON1284

MOVERTON1284 Initiate (0) Jul 23, 2014 Alabama

Make your own. I made mine using some good pine. It is nicer and cheaper than most anything you can buy.

[​IMG]

37. tregan_20

tregan_20 Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut

That looks nice too! How long did it take you?

38. MOVERTON1284

Better part of a weekend. I got 1x12 pine from my local wood supplier. Started on a Saturday and was staining it on Sunday. Put it together with screws and then glued the front trim on. I used L brackets to anchor it to the concrete wall. It is not going anywhere and materials were less than $100 to make it

39. MOVERTON1284

Good thing it was so cheap, because I used the money I saved and a ton more to turn it into this

[​IMG]

I have since built another shelf out of scrap wood to hold all my homebrew stuff. It is not quite as cluttered now...