Prairie Birthday Bomb

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by elbrooksie, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warren2621

Warren2621 Defender (602) Sep 26, 2014 Indiana
    Trader

$10.98 in southern Indiana. Havent opened it yet

2. Grrowl51

Grrowl51 Initiate (0) May 15, 2016 South Carolina

Grabbed 3 at Greenville Beer Exchange on Friday... waiting to drink one during GOT... gonna cellar one and keep one on ice for a rainy day... $12 per was a gamble for me but looking forward to digging into one!

3. ZaxGhost

ZaxGhost Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2013 Nebraska

Oh the joys of Nebraska... $8.99 here!

eppie82 likes this.
  4. Jmorey

Jmorey Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2015 Michigan

Wasn't on my game for this at all. Wasn't paying attention. Already came and gone through my area. (Prairie just came here) and the random area I was in tonight just ran out before I was there.

Coincidentally Tuesday is my birthday :slight_frown:

5. LocestLXCX

LocestLXCX Initiate (131) Mar 3, 2016 California
    Trader

Birthday Bomb! hit Los Angeles yesterday. One spot had them for $8.99 with no limit.

6. DrunkMcGruff

DrunkMcGruff Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2013 Michigan

My store got 15 cases and I'm down to 5 cases left at $11.99/btl.
    FYI This isn't the same beer as BOMB! Those who keep saying it tastes 'exactly like' BOMB! don't have a proper palate. I had them side by side within about a half an hours span a few nights back and Birthday BOMB! tastes like BOMB! covered in caramel sauce, exactly as they described. Cocoa falls to the background, peppers come at the very very end, vanilla adds to the decadant sweetness, and the coffee cuts enough into the caramel to give it a slight edge for the sweetness bomb, pun intended, that BB! is. I didn't find it to be fake flavored though, just insanely sweet in comparison to regular BOMB! which I'd say is a 7/10 on the sweetness scale for me personally. BB! would probably be a 8 or 8.5.

#166 DrunkMcGruff, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    SGerrard and FBarber like this.
  7. Tdizzle

Tdizzle Devotee (445) Dec 19, 2006 California
    Deactivated

Proper pallet...

8. raynmoon

raynmoon Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado

Can you examine my pallet please? I'm not sure its proper enough.

9. robbmotiwalla

robbmotiwalla Initiate (0) May 17, 2007 Georgia

Heard last week at Hop City Atlanta that we are getting pirate bomb this week. Apparently GA is stupid and there was some ordeal with label approval, which is why it is taking forever to drop here.

I say that to say I hope it doesn't take 2 months to see birthday Bomb. We shall see

vette-ss likes this.
  10. Warren2621

Trader

There's a strong molasses/caramel sweetness that bursts right before the pepper hits the back of your tongue. The pepper dies off and you're left with a lingering sweet caramel on the back. I suppose thats the difference in this beer.

It was actually quite good. But yea caramel blast, followed by pepper, ending in sticky sweetness. It's nice

11. Runofthedill

Runofthedill Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2014 Ohio

People on page 1 trying to come up with a substitute but how about New Belguim Cocoa Mole if/when they brew it again. I love that stuff.

12. EyePeeAyBryan

EyePeeAyBryan Crusader (726) Dec 20, 2011 Arizona
    Trader

Was in San Diego this weekend and they were unboxing a case at Palm Springs - I believe $11.49

13. carlso_aw

carlso_aw Aspirant (232) Jan 10, 2016 Indiana
    Trader

Somewhat related - walked into my local store today to see four cases of Birthday Bomb! stacked in the corner. Decide to get 4 (2 to drink, 1 to age and 1 for potential trades). Grab 4 randomly from the box, walk up, check out, leave.

Get to the car, pull one out to look at the label. Not Birthday Bomb!, but BA Bomb! instead. Same with one of the other three.

Not sure how two BA Bomb! made it into a case of Birthday Bomb!, but I'll chalk it up to a win.

archiebunkerjr likes this.
  14. kclifford

kclifford Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2014 Illinois

Any sightings in Chicago? Apologies if this was mentioned - I scanned the last couple pages but may have missed it.

15. vette-ss

vette-ss Initiate (181) Nov 5, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

I was visiting Chicago this last weekend. I hit a few shops and none had seen it yet.

16. Invinciblejets

Invinciblejets Devotee (477) Sep 29, 2014 South Carolina

10.99 in Myrtle beach.

17. VinHalen54

VinHalen54 Initiate (186) Jun 4, 2014 Illinois

In Omaha on business from Chicago and find cases of Birthday Bomb - no limit - singles for $8.49. Got one for tonight and it's good! But damn, that price tag is still high when you consider CW Cassian Sunset can be had for $3-$4 each.
    I'll still be my buddies "mule" and bring a few back with me since it will sell out quickly in the Chicago area.

GreatStoutman likes this.
  18. Crim122

Crim122 Initiate (0) Aug 4, 2014 North Carolina

Had a 9oz pour tonight at a local bottle shop. I loved, went well with my burger.

msscott1973 likes this.
  19. flat_lander

flat_lander Savant (969) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

I'm in downstate IL. Called my local Binny's over the weekend to see if they had any (or would be) and they said it was a very limited allocation and only a few stores in Chicago-land area seemed to be getting any, but none had just yet. This was on Sunday.

20. Warren2621

Trader

Southern Indiana seems to be loaded. Gonna grab more tomorrow

21. lateralusbeer

lateralusbeer Zealot (544) Feb 7, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

It's basically available at any time in Charlotte. Used to disappear quickly, now it sits everywhere. As do some variants.

22. ukwildcat1995

ukwildcat1995 Initiate (0) May 24, 2015 Florida

is this hitting Florida? Particularly Tampa/Sarasota?

23. Deedzie7

Deedzie7 Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2016 Iowa

Maybe I have missed it, but have not seen it in my area of Iowa.

24. VinHalen54

VinHalen54 Initiate (186) Jun 4, 2014 Illinois

Try and get to Omaha -- I saw regular BOMB! just over the border in IA for $10.99, but in Omaha 10min away it's $6.99.

25. Warren2621

Trader

So who's on board with this being more enjoyable than regular Bomb?

I.

rightcoast7 and carlso_aw like this.
  26. AdmiralOzone

AdmiralOzone Poo-Bah (2,368) Jun 26, 2014 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Wonderful beer. Worth the price? Once, and then it fits into a group of beers that I can say, I'm glad I tried it, but too much money to buy again.

VABA likes this.
  27. Schlegelq1

Schlegelq1 Initiate (0) Jul 27, 2014 New York

bomb! brewed with carmel.

28. TillTheMedicineTakes

TillTheMedicineTakes Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2014 Colorado

Too sweet!
    Maybe with age but, fresh, it's way too sweet and cloying.

29. PourMore

PourMore Initiate (93) Oct 4, 2014 Florida

If distribution works the same way in New York that it does in Florida, then you might be blaming the wrong party. Shelton Brothers doesn't always distribute direct to retailers. They distribute to a distributor in your state, who then distributes to retailers. So it is often up to the distributor in your state who determines when certain things show up at bottle shop. Though I can't say this is the case for any particular distribution of any particular beer. What objective evidence do you have that they "screw over certain markets" anyway?

chrismann65 likes this.
  30. giediprime41

giediprime41 Initiate (122) Nov 25, 2015 Florida

Should be hitting S. Florida by the end of this week or next week.
    I've asked people who order for Total Wine, Luekens, and some local bottle shops and they all said end of this week or next week.
    But we'll see.

ukwildcat1995 likes this.
  31. msscott1973

msscott1973 Devotee (468) Dec 28, 2013 North Carolina

It was good, but I can't put it above regular bomb.

32. kempshark

kempshark Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2009 Florida

r

Picked up some in St Pete yesterday.....

33. Built4Comfort

Built4Comfort Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2014 Missouri

Arrived in Southwest Missouri today. $9.99/bottle, no stated limit. Were putting it on the shelf when I walked in so no idea how much they had. Looking forward to trying it.

34. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Defender (610) Aug 18, 2012 New York

Way to come off like a proper douche

35. DrunkMcGruff

DrunkMcGruff Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2013 Michigan

Pompous for sure, opinionated yes, extremely vocal check, douchey, meh.

These are two different beers, anyone who can't figure that out literally doesn't have the taste buds to pick it out. Sorry not sorry. Noting how many we had already sold was a fun fact, because again; people complaining about the price. (Spoiler: It's worth it)

As for the rest, this is a beer site yes? I do get to describe flavors of beers still here right? I know I was stretching big with this one in thinking that there was a possibility people would come to this thread about this beer, considering the confusion about it. I described a beer, get of my jock dude.

36. ebin6

ebin6 Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2009 California

Judging by your avatar, it seems like a natural mistake!

37. brentusaurus

brentusaurus Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2012 California

$11.99 at my WF, didn't get a bottle but I'm tempted because the artwork is pretty dope.

FBarber likes this.
  38. Shaunbkgb

Shaunbkgb Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2013 Florida

It hit Panhandle of Florida last week. It's delicious.

39. Brent212

Brent212 Initiate (161) Jan 13, 2014 California
    Trader

Definitely my favorite of the bombs*. I had a bottle that was great, but then a glass on tap that was just magical.

*Missed out on pirate bomb though, which I'm so mad at myself about.

40. LocestLXCX

LocestLXCX Initiate (131) Mar 3, 2016 California
    Trader

I agree that if you can't tell the difference between b day bomb and regular bomb then something is wrong. On my first sip I could instantly tell the difference. And a big difference it is. Starts with caramel and ends with caramel. Like others have said this is a totally different beer. Very sweet but I prefer it over regular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.