Prairie Birthday Bomb

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by elbrooksie, Mar 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohiobeer29

ohiobeer29 Defender (649) Feb 2, 2013 Ohio

Good to hear grabbed a bottle to try

2. HartsyThaiFood

HartsyThaiFood Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2013 Illinois

this never hit Chicago, did it?

FBarber likes this.
  3. Wyldhog

Wyldhog Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2014 Illinois

I haven't seen it yet - been looking

4. Thrifty101091

Thrifty101091 Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2015 Florida

Did it hit South Florida yet?

5. VinHalen54

VinHalen54 Initiate (186) Jun 4, 2014 Illinois

Birthday BOMB! on a Pirate Bomb birthday cake with Sosus frosting on the side (thanks to a trip to Omaha 2 weeks ago).
    Cases of Birthday BOMB! in Omaha, but not a sniff of it yet in the Chicago area.
    [​IMG]

BrettHead and FBarber like this.
  6. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (6,247) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Moderator Society Trader

You have no idea how jealous I am looking at that picture ...

7. amsguitarist

amsguitarist Initiate (0) Sep 20, 2014 California

Definitely a log a caramel flavor. I find it kind of weird to call it Birthday Bomb when I personally don't associate birthday cake with caramel. Maybe a caramel sundae, a candy bar or a caramel apple, but not a birthday cake. Should have been called Candy Bar Bomb or Sundae Bomb or something similar. Oh well. Still good though.

8. kempshark

kempshark Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2009 Florida

Yes....I agree that Birthday Bomb is a totally different beer than regular Bomb.....thought Birthday Bomb was awesome......very sweet, but an awesome beer....almost wish we had picked up more than the four that we grabbed.....could have grabbed at least 12, but the price stopped me from doing so. Still have the Pirate Bomb waiting to try....could only get a couple of those and waiting for friends to come over to crack open.

9. flat_lander

flat_lander Savant (969) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

We still don't have it downstate. I was at my store on Fri and he said he still hasn't seen Pirate or Birthday Bomb. Checked a Binny's in the south burbs last weekend and they hadn't seen it yet either. We wait, and hope...

10. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (14,322) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Surprised to find this here in South Dakota two weeks ago, and even more surprised that it is still on the shelves. Haven't cracked mine yet...

11. thuey

thuey Defender (623) Nov 13, 2015 California
    Society

Had it on tap last night. Was way too sweet for my tastes, but did have the Bomb! notes that I liked too. Not my favorite.

Dan_K likes this.
  12. Warren2621

Warren2621 Defender (602) Sep 26, 2014 Indiana
    Trader

Still loaded with them in southern Indiana. My local store even replenished the shelf with them last week

13. Jroll1975

Jroll1975 Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2016 West Virginia

Just found a bottle in Asheville NC and later that night found on draft at the Pour, it was very good. Actually had the bomb first and the birthday after and could tell a little difference between the two, drank a snifter of the Birthday. Leaving Asheville tomorrow and stopped in the Tasty Beverage co. today and found a Christmas bomb, pretty sure it was last on shelf! Lucky me

14. archiebunkerjr

archiebunkerjr Aspirant (224) Oct 25, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

For the Michigan BAs, I found $10 Bomb! and $12 Birthday Bomb! in Grand Rapids today. About a case of each. PM me if you want to know the location. I don't want to give the lurkers a heads up.

15. theonegman

theonegman Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2016 Michigan

I am still trying to find them in the brighton howell area in Michigan. Ann Arbor got theirs and it came and went

16. HorizonsOfChaos

HorizonsOfChaos Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2016 Illinois

Local shop just said he's getting a case of this in. Can't wait to try it! Love bomb.

flat_lander likes this.
  17. Deedzie7

Deedzie7 Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2016 Iowa

Just arrived in Iowa

18. BierMeJohn

BierMeJohn Initiate (127) Feb 9, 2013 Maryland

Saw like 4 cases on the NE side of Indy last Friday(the 27th)

19. KBlodorn

KBlodorn Aspirant (285) Oct 3, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Just purchased Pirate Bomb from a guy online through *. Have been looking forward to trying it for some time.... or selling it.. o_0

20. Bonedizzle

Bonedizzle Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2016 Nebraska

to anyone in Chicago who wants some I am willing to set up a trade. I really want some smore money smore problems from pipeworks and maybe some 3f beers. I would be willing to meet half way for an in person trade. (I am out of Omaha, 7-8 hours to chicago, so somewhere in IA to meet). Never done a trade before but PM if you want to.

21. KBlodorn

Trader

I haven't seen it in Chicago either, but haven't exactly been seeking it out. I will start looking though.

22. Bonedizzle

Bonedizzle Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2016 Nebraska

Dont know how to edit my first post... dont have to meet, seems like a waste of time. I am willing to trade via shipment through fedex/ups

23. Sparty1224

Sparty1224 Zealot (552) Jun 18, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Seems to have hit parts of Chicago today. A case or so at Warehouse Liquors downtown. Would keep an eye out for other stores today or tomorrow, maybe early next week as well.

jbecke2 and FBarber like this.
  24. HeartofMiami

HeartofMiami Champion (814) Sep 20, 2014 Florida
    Trader

pretty sure it came and went in South Florida about 2 weeks ago

25. Nbrock24

Nbrock24 Devotee (456) Mar 11, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Got one in Elgin today for 11.99. Apparently yeah they came in just hours ago

26. KBlodorn

Trader

Great to know! Thanks, man. I just traded for a couple, but I'll keep my eye out for more for sure. I wish I still worked downtown.. :/

27. kclifford

kclifford Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2014 Illinois

Was able to get a bottle at Warehouse, was told it was their last bottle and they only got 2 cases. should be in other areas of Chicago as well now

28. KBlodorn

Trader

Very nice, Asheville is a great beer town

29. JimmyNguyen

JimmyNguyen Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2015 California

Just saw this at my local wholefoods in OC, California. Price: $11.99. There was also the Bomb!! version for $10.99

30. Curmunchkin

Curmunchkin Initiate (0) Apr 15, 2016 Florida

I've seen it at a few locations in Central Florida. Bought a few myself, really good variation of Bomb!

chrismann65 likes this.
  31. BradenMK

BradenMK Aspirant (279) Sep 24, 2012 Alaska

Good lord. I find regular BOMB! to be right at the borderline of just too sweet. Like, regular is a sugar bomb with lots of milk chocolate and a little bit of pepper heat. I can't understand why anyone would want it to be sweeter.

NCCIndy likes this.
  32. KBlodorn

Trader

I just traded for a couple Birthday Bomb's and now they're popping up around the city. I'm going to grab 1 or two after work; if anyone wants to trade or buy, let me know.

33. Harrison8

Harrison8 Poo-Bah (5,369) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

I picked one up in KC today. It was $8.99.

chrismann65 likes this.
  34. xxbassplayerxx

xxbassplayerxx Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2016 Kentucky

I picked three up at Whole Foods in Elmhurst on Friday. They had three cases, I believe. $11.99/ea.

Drank one last night... I think I need to stop buying these variants. It tasted identical to regular Bomb to me and I don't really like coffee beers in the first place.

I can't get off the hype train :slight_frown:

Harrison8 likes this.
  35. KBlodorn

Trader

That's disappointing to hear.. I have three b-day bombs at home and looking forward to trying them; hopefully they don't taste just like original bomb. I also have a Pirate Bomb i paid quite a bit for and would be super disappointed if that doesn't live up.

36. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (4,310) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

Drank my first Birthday Bomb! Yesterday. Less pepper and more sweet. Still good, but not the same as Bomb!

FBarber likes this.
  37. xxbassplayerxx

xxbassplayerxx Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2016 Kentucky

I'm probably a bad judge for this since I really don't like coffee; I just try to tolerate it since it's in so many beers.

Bomb is a massive coffee bomb, for the lack of a better term. When I'm drinking it, it's hard to focus on the other flavors.

BA Bomb was very good though. The bourbon sweetness made the coffee much more tolerable!

38. Wyldhog

Wyldhog Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2014 Illinois

I found the Birthday and Regular to be very similiar, with the exception of the long, sweet finish on the Bday (but not really caramel imho)
    It was interesting to note that the bottles didn't mention the caramel sauce addition, just the write-ups on the beer had it mentioned

39. michman

michman Aspirant (205) Oct 14, 2005 Illinois

i know where a stash is...saw them putting it on the shelf on saturday. altho probably gone already knowing chicago...haha

40. KBlodorn

Trader

Ah, good to know; I haven't had BA Bomb yet, but it's on the to-get list. I have the opportunity to trade for either 4 Pseudosue or 2 Pseudosue and 1 Ok-si.. A Prairie stout aged in tequila just sounds super intriguing to me, so I might end up doing that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.