Prairie Dawgs - Members Only Club

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by needMIbeer, May 7, 2017.

1. Eddiehop

Eddiehop Zealot (570) Jun 28, 2014 Texas
    Trader

You first must profess your love of Prairie in a 1 page essay, no less than 500 words. Ready, begin!

2. schlotz

schlotz Initiate (42) Feb 13, 2016 Texas
    Trader

I'm certainly not above groveling...
    A nomination would earn my eternal gratitude...

[​IMG]

#122 schlotz, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  3. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Aspirant (274) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

Is that the only way new people get in...nominated?

4. needMIbeer

needMIbeer Crusader (728) Feb 5, 2014 Virginia
    Trader

That is currently he only way. They decided to open 120 spots bringing the total membership count to 300. As of last week the list had reached 120 and a waitlist was started.

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  5. Vikings1201

Vikings1201 Aspirant (235) Sep 8, 2012 North Carolina
    Trader

For those that don't check Facebook, there's an option to purchase a Prairie Dawg shirt. Almost missed it myself since the details weren't passed along in an email.

6. Nisfornike

Nisfornike Initiate (74) Apr 5, 2013 California
    Trader

Got an invitation to purchase memberships, but the link says memberships are sold out. Anyone else with this issue?

7. Vikings1201

Trader

I recall seeing someone complaining on Facebook that someone posted the info and maybe a few were purchased without an invite. If you received a direct invite from Praire, I would contact them through the same email.

8. Nisfornike

Nisfornike Initiate (74) Apr 5, 2013 California
    Trader

Yeah, I feel like that's the case. I would hope that Prairie honors the actually selected members.. but I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens since they already got paid out

9. Razrback5

Razrback5 Initiate (104) Dec 7, 2015 Arkansas
    Trader

So any members NOT using their barrel and want to work out a TRADE?

Watty81 likes this.
  10. WPZY

WPZY Initiate (91) Jan 17, 2014 Tennessee
    Trader

There were 120 new openings, and all but 8 were taken by nominees from current members. So only 8 were available to the public yesterday and they were gone in less than 5 minutes.

11. needMIbeer

Trader

FYI - A barrel isn’t guaranteed. There are only 150 barrels and 300 members.

Vikings1201 and Razrback5 like this.
  12. Razrback5

Trader

Understand

Watty81 likes this.
  13. Javier2000

Javier2000 Initiate (127) Nov 28, 2015 California
    Trader

Anyone with a membership thats looking for help splitting a barrel. Give me a PM.

14. Snicht

Snicht Initiate (43) May 8, 2017 Maryland
    Trader

I've seen a number of others offer but I'd also like to put my hat in the ring if anyone is looking for investors for their prairie dawg barrel. I'd be willing to pay above rate on the ratio of bottles to investment amount. Wouldn't need any input on adjuncts either. Let me know if interested

15. Razrback5

Trader

You’re about to get banned FYI

16. Snicht

Trader

Wait really is this against the rules? I know you're not supposed to sell bottles but I'm just looking to split a barrel which is I assume what everybody does?

#136 Snicht, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  17. Razrback5

Trader

Yeah, it's really not but I got shitcanned last week for a similar post. Maybe I offered up cash to split and it was considered "buying beer"

Just a heads up

18. Snicht

Trader

Ah ok thanks for the heads up. Hmmm can't seem to delete the message.

19. Vikings1201

Trader

There seems to be plenty of interest among members to fill spots in a barrel, most seem to get filled within minutes. I doubt anyone is going to need to go outside the club to fill a spot. I think you’ll have a better chance trading for these bottles once they are released.

bgold86 likes this.
  20. Snicht

Trader

Probably right but figured I'd give it a try. oh well

21. Persdawg

Persdawg Initiate (187) Mar 12, 2015 Texas
    Trader

Everyone have a fun time trying to buy bbls today? :rolling_eyes:

TJMahDonut, bgold86 and TheKlevin like this.
  22. needMIbeer

Trader

I’ve never hit refresh so many times but was ultimately successful.

Persdawg, TJMahDonut and bgold86 like this.
  23. bgold86

bgold86 Savant (961) Apr 1, 2015 New York
    Society Trader

Exhausting.

Persdawg and RedhawkPoke like this.
  24. Narthax

Narthax Crusader (743) Mar 23, 2014 Texas
    Trader

That was rough indeed. Managed to get what I wanted though.

Persdawg likes this.
  25. brock125

brock125 Initiate (162) Apr 21, 2011 Texas
    Trader

Was it "try to buy a barrel day" yesterday? Any details on how many were available and how the process worked?

26. needMIbeer

Trader

300 Members - 70 Bourbon, 70 Apple Brandy and 10 Bourbon Okie - Barrels were not a guaranteed perk and this was mentioned before. Site crashed due to traffic and many were hurticon 5000

brock125 likes this.
  27. Narthax

Trader

Later some additional bourbon barrels were added to alleviate some people's FOMO. Not sure how many or what other projects might be affected. For example, I could see fewer bourbon paradise at next release. But yeah, all and all it was something of a shitshow.

28. Vikings1201

Trader

I doubt anyone notices, just a few less bottles of Noir variants into distribution. It was nice gesture by Prairie, it’s just beer but no one likes missing out on a release because of server issues.

#148 Vikings1201, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Razrback5 likes this.
  29. Vikings1201

Trader

Posting this here for those who don't have a Facebook account, disappointing but glad to see Prairie step up and handle it correctly.

"We have an issue with AB Paradise and Bomb. Wednesday afternoon I opened an AB Paradise for the first time since bottling day. Once I took the first sip I was immediately concerned. The bright, rich and smooth beer I was expecting was gone. In its place was a dullness with barely any coconut or vanilla. It was not tart but it almost tasted sour. After that I opened an AB Bomb and Noir. I did not detect the same issue with those two.

I quickly sent word to our lab technician to test these beers again. Luckily, we recently purchased a new piece of equipment that quickly gives us much more detailed and reliable results. Today I am able to say that AB Paradise and Bomb have tested positive for lactobacillus acetotolerans. Our testing shows no infection with Noir. It affects every bottle of Paradise and Bomb. Hopefully the flavor of your bottles have not been affected but it's likely only a matter of time. Keeping the beer cold should slow down the effects but even that is no guarantee.

As disappointing as this is for me I realize it is equally disappointing for this group. I continue to be humbled by your support and enthusiasm for the beers. I know this was an especially exciting group of beers. We had not done AB beers in years and had never released Paradise or Bomb. You all even trusted us by making very large reservations for the beers. We have let you down. I apologize for that.

We will be refunding all member purchases of AB Bomb and Paradise. That will begin today. Our processing company has informed us it will take between 5 and 10 days before the refund will be reflected on your statement. AB Bomb and Paradise will no longer be available for pickup. Going forward I can promise you we will be more rigorous. We are already working on procedures to increase our controls in the process so that we can ensure you receive the best beer possible. Again, I apologize."

needMIbeer and AyatollahGold like this.
  30. macewank

macewank Initiate (170) Aug 28, 2010 Illinois

Wild.. I was reading through the untappd reviews after I saw the news and....they're all really high on the beers...

Bummer though =/

ECOBOOSTINST likes this.
  31. Thirst_trappist

Trader

So wondering...any plans to redo those beers?

32. Vikings1201

Trader

I doubt it this year, especially with all the single barrels they sold and they already bottled AB Noir.

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  33. bgold86

Society Trader

Redo? Would be difficult since it's barrel aged.

34. AyatollahGold

AyatollahGold Meyvn (1,278) Nov 28, 2016 Indiana
    Trader

I'm just curious how the Noir isn't affected.

35. bgold86

Society Trader

They tested all three beers and Noir did not come up with any presence of the infection.

AyatollahGold likes this.
  36. AyatollahGold

Trader

But that's what makes me curious. Were they all the same barrels provided? Were they all stored the same, for the same duration, same place? Etc.

37. thebaucom

thebaucom Initiate (47) Aug 29, 2017 Missouri
    Trader

Zach/Prairie made the comment that they thought the infection occurred when the adjuncts were added in. ABN doesn't have any adjuncts.

38. AyatollahGold

Trader

Thank you. That does make sense.

Thirst_trappist and thebaucom like this.
  39. Thirst_trappist

Trader

so they can't ever barrel age beers again? :rolling_eyes:

My question was more so....do they have the intention of redoing this beers in the future

40. Narthax

Trader

If infection occured while adjuncting ab beers, Im conerned about upcoming dawg barrels...