Prairie Dawgs - Members Only Club

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by needMIbeer, May 7, 2017.

1. Vikings1201

Vikings1201 Aspirant (236) Sep 8, 2012 North Carolina
    Trader

Apple Brandy Paradise and Apple Brandy Bomb were infected but these were refunded for members. There were a small percentage of single barrels that were infected. Prairie admitted to off flavors in Cowboy Breakfast but insisted they weren’t infected and met their quality of standards. I understand it wasn’t a member beer but there’s nothing like drain pouring a $12 bottle.

The overall member beers were disappointing compared to the previous year. If you calculate the cost per bottle based on the membership cost, you’re paying $30 for a 12 oz bottle and the contents inside were average.

I haven’t seen too many complaints on bottle cap issues with Pirate Paradise but I had two bottles where the cap was not sitting right on the bottle. One bottle tasted fine but the other bottle leaked half it’s contents. Prairie replaced the bottle but I’m not local so that’s even more shipping required.

2. Eddiehop

Eddiehop Zealot (572) Jun 28, 2014 Texas
    Trader

I'm out in yr 3 as well. The member beers in yr 2 were underwhelming other than adjunct trail which is pretty awesome.

They seem unwilling to listen to the masses about ABN and Cowboy Breakfast being 'off'.

I'm choosing to spend $1,000+ on something else this year.

3. Eddiehop

Trader

They (PAA)said it didnt test for infection. Most members complained about it, but a few said they were fine and enjoyed it. There is also a lot of noise about variation from bottle to bottle.

4. MWOKC

MWOKC Initiate (49) Oct 13, 2014 Oklahoma
    Trader

Cowboy breakfast also had some kind of infection. The first bottle I opened smelled like sour apples and tasted like sour apples. There are plenty of other reports of this issue on untappd.

5. rmpic82

rmpic82 Devotee (421) Jan 27, 2017 Kansas
    Society Trader

The hazelnut coffee in Adjunct Trail was money. I’m sure the member bottles will be significantly better this year. Still can’t spring for $500+$600+ additional releases.

Eddiehop likes this.
  6. Eddiehop

Trader

I'm sure you're right and probably initially regret it knowing BA trail and that rum/rye vanilla beer Mick was teasing will probably be kick ass. Either way, I cant support their lack of ownership in yr 2 and just poor customer service around a lot of the issues. They only owned up to the AB Bomb and AB paradise infections, and once those refunds ate up all their profit, they didnt want to aknowkedge other potential issues with the beers other than a select group of custom barrels that were super infected.

Vikings1201 and rmpic82 like this.
  7. Vikings1201

Vikings1201 Aspirant (236) Sep 8, 2012 North Carolina
    Trader

The fact that they had to start teasing barrels and beers tells you a good portion isn’t renewing this year. I can’t imagine anyone would have issues trading for any member beer, they seem to hold little or no value.

Eddiehop likes this.
  8. Eddiehop

Trader

The trade value definitely went to shit which is yet another reason why the price tag for entry is just too high.

spersichilli likes this.
  9. mjco04

mjco04 Devotee (448) May 30, 2013 Connecticut
    Society Trader

If anyone is interested in splitting membership, please PM me. I am in CT and would like to give it a shot!