Comment Problem with review dates if you previously "Had" the beer

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dope, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Dope

Dope Oct 5, 2010 Massachusetts

This isn't a huge deal but could be confusing to some. I had previously "had" a beer about a year ago, and just now I wrote a full review for it. However, when I looked at my beer review list, it wasn't there. It turns out, the review posts under the original date of the "had".

My example, that I posted just now: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/10099/1161/?ba=Dope as you can see, it says it was reviewed in Jan of 2012. I even noted the bottling date which is 9 months after my review date.

Not huge but could be a bit strange/confusing. Just thought I'd bring it up since I didn't see any mention of this in a search (maybe because no one cares but me).

Dope

2. davey101

davey101 Apr 14, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Haha, just noticed this tonight too. I "had" an Enjoy By a while ago but I gave it an actual review tonight. Seeing as it was a 4.01.13 and my review is now a month before that batch was even released....well... :confused:

Dope likes this.
  3. TMoney2591

TMoney2591 Apr 21, 2009 Illinois

When you write the review, there's an option just below the review text box to choose between "edit" and "re-revew". The former keeps the original date, the latter makes a new entry entirely, cancelling the previous Had.

corby112 and Dope like this.
  4. Dope

Clearly, we are time-traveling wizards.

Cheers to that!

Dope

davey101 likes this.
  5. animal69

animal69 Sep 21, 2007 Louisiana

I havent reviewed a had yet but i did notice at some point all my hads got skewed by up to 1.5, now wuddup w/ that ? Spent several hrs already changing a bunch of 5's to where they belong !

6. Dope

Ahhhh, thank you for that tip. I didn't even think of that.

Dope

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!