Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Pry-off vs Twist-off (or Wet side vs Dry side)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by beertunes, Apr 11, 2013.

?

Which side of the Cascades uses pry caps more?

Poll closed Nov 11, 2013.
  1. West side uses more Pry caps.

40.0%
  2. East side uses more Pry caps

6.7%
  3. West side uses more Twist caps

20.0%
  4. East side uses more Twist caps

26.7%
  5. West side uses more Corks

33.3%
  6. East side uses more corks

6.7%
  7. WTF is this poll about?

73.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beertunes

beertunes Sep 24, 2007 Washington
    Beer Trader

Just for fun. Do we think that beer drinkers on the West Side of Wa use more pry off caps than beer drinkers on the East side? This is just for fun, let's not have any Blue cap vs Red cap discussion, only twist vs pry.

distantmantra likes this.
  2. draheim

draheim Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

I chose West side uses more of every option. There's just a helluva lot more of us over here.

3. NWer

NWer Mar 10, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

What's the question again?
    Just curious: How are the percentages calculated?

beertunes likes this.
  4. beertunes

Beer Trader

Doh! A flaw in my program, failure to calibrate for population. Thankfully I wasn't talking about anything that affects all WA beer drinkers and makers.:eek:

5. draheim

draheim Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

Next time do per capita or something. I can tell you, I don't think I've had more than a handful of twist-off beers in the last 5 years or so. I have no idea what that means though, aside from the fact that I enjoy using tools.

beertunes likes this.
  6. beertunes

Beer Trader

I tried to be concise, but hell, I can be wordy. Sometimes our state is divided into the Blue side and the Red side. One could suppose that the the Red side might, possibly, maybe tend to drink brews that come with twist off caps, which might come from breweries that will, or won't, be more or less affected by people talking in Olympia. Or something. Certainly I'm not recommending a civil discourse on something that might have a major effect on something that might cost a fair number of jobs. An advertiser in Arkansas might think that this wasn't a fun discussion.

dirtylou likes this.
  7. hopsbreath

hopsbreath Aug 28, 2009 Oregon

Doesn't matter since there's nothing rare to drink.

distantmantra and beertunes like this.
  8. leedorham

leedorham Apr 27, 2006 Washington

FYI Spokane consumes about 20% craft according to the distributors in the area.

Not sure if that's more or less than the wet side.

beertunes likes this.
  9. distantmantra

distantmantra May 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

Definitely. That Wisdom Seeker I had last night was about as common as gray skies up here.

Damn.

woemad and beertunes like this.
  10. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Mar 9, 2008 Washington

The Washington Brewers Guild reports that craft beer makes up 25% of the market statewide.

beertunes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe