Punta Gorda and Whereabouts

Discussion in 'US - South' started by Dansac, Nov 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dansac

Dansac Initiate (157) Dec 6, 2014 California
    Trader

So, I'll be travelling to Punta Gorda for xgiving and was wondering if there is anything close by worth a damn. I know Shorty's is a decent dive bar with some local taps, but that's it.

Any recs for shops/bars appreciated!

Cheers!

2. Viclovescourtney

Viclovescourtney Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2016 Florida

Ice House pub is right around the corner and has good taps for the area. If you have time to make the trip North to Sarasota I'd highly recommend visiting Calusa.

3. jloomis

jloomis Aspirant (292) Jan 6, 2010 Florida
    Trader

I second this. Calusa is worth the trip and you can grab some bottles and cans.

4. SFC21

SFC21 Crusader (780) Jan 31, 2010 Florida

Calusa is 100% worth the trip if you are able to get there. The only local brewery in town is Fat Point. They have a nice taproom with indoor/outdoor space and solid beer. Not going to have any hazies or adjunct stouts, though, if that's what you are looking for.

Locally, the best bet for craft bottles are both in Port Charlotte. ABC is just over the bridge and Captain's Liquor is a bit further north on 41. For taps, Downtown PG has some good spots. Ice House was previously mentioned, it will have the biggest selection. Also check out Leroy's, they have a lot of craft taps and great food. Celtic Ray is a cool Irish pub, usually has live music.

Dansac likes this.
  5. Dansac

Dansac Initiate (157) Dec 6, 2014 California
    Trader

Im at Shorty's having southern tier impy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.