Comment re appropriated beers

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by watermelonman, May 22, 2013.

1. watermelonman

watermelonman Feb 14, 2004 California

I recently had a crazy beer from a brewery everyone has heard of. It started off a little off kilter, being some kind of Belgian quadruple affair, but where it got crazy was when they lost a single keg for several years, sold out of all they had, found this one random keg, discovered it had soured a bit, decided it was still tasty, and sold glasses on location only.

Does this merit a different beer listing, or even a review? I enjoyed it and would like to jot that down somewhere, however it is so far from what they originally intended and what the vast majority of other reviewers encountered. Still, seeing that they were selling it on site tells me that they saw fit to put their name on it and release it as its own little monster. On the other hand, no one else has reviewed it in this fashion, few people would have encountered it, and it will never be made again.

2. olfolxholme

olfolxholme Feb 13, 2011 California

seems like a new beer, to me

but, this reminds me - i wish that we could leave comments on a beer's page. it wouldn't have to be front and center, but just make a comments tab where something like this could go, and it wouldn't have to be tied to a rating or a review.

3. BigJim5021

BigJim5021 Sep 2, 2007 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I'd say that if you give a little background info (say, what you just typed here) then it's perfectly cool to post a review under the listing for it. Your exposition is enough to let people know that they shouldn't expect any other batch of the beer to be similar to what you experienced.

beertunes and Tacoboomerang like this.
  4. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Mar 18, 2010 California

New beer listing - no. Review - sure, but make sure you indicate the situation.

What beer was it by the way?

beertunes likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe