Recommendations of Food and beer near Niagara Falls

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 4DAloveofSTOUT, Sep 10, 2018.

1. 4DAloveofSTOUT

4DAloveofSTOUT Poo-Bah (2,277) Nov 28, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

What are some good places to eat near Niagara Falls? Any local beer that I should get a pour of while I am in the area? Willing to drive an hour from Niagara Falls to find soe good beer and good eats!

Thanks in advance for any ideas / recommendations!
    Cheers!

2. dabeerbuddha

dabeerbuddha Aspirant (296) Feb 4, 2016 Ontario (Canada)

Niagara on the Lake has Exchange Brewery and Oast House (patio). Also some pretty fancy dining, Prince of Wales or Pillar and Post, but no craft beers here as far as I know.

Just up the QEW in Beamsville is Bench Brewing. Bench is by far the nicest taproom around with a good selection of beers. All are about 30-45 minutes away from the tourist district in Niagara.

If you push it to 1 hour 15 minutes you are into Hamilton. I'm opinion worth the additional 15 minutes on you hour limit.

Hamilton has:
    Fairweather Brewing
    Merit Brewing
    Collective Arts Brewing
    Grain and Grit Brewing

For good food and beer Brux House is a great choice. Decent bottle selection as well as about 20 taps with some Lambic usually but not Cantillon or 3F at the moment. Check their website. They do a good job of keeping it up to date.
    The Brain is an good beer bar but no food .Their beer list are pretty up to date and can be found on uT.
    Hope that helps. Cheers!

4DAloveofSTOUT likes this.