Recommended stop before Stone Brewery tour on a Tuesday afternoon?

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by tbgallant, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbgallant

tbgallant Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2010 Canada (NS)

Driving down from LA to Stone for a tour the afternoon of Mar. 6 (Tuesday), plan to stay in Escondido and check out the bistro in the evening as well.

Would like to stop by another brewery on the way. Any reccomendations for an early afternoon brewery visit in the area (on the way from LA or nearish Stone)?

Seems hard to find a tasting room/etc open on a Tuesday.

Thanks, Cheers!

2. Retsinis

Retsinis Maven (1,498) Sep 25, 2009 Arizona
    Society

Personally I would recommend Pizza Port in Carlsbad. Good beers on tap, guest taps, and great pizza. Open daily, and the bottle shop right next door gets some great beers in too. It is not exactly right next door to Stone, but if your coming from LA, it is on your way.

3. pinkgrenade

pinkgrenade Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2011 California

good idea

but lost abbey/pizza port is SUPER duper close to stone and a way different environment. they will be open on a tuesday! and ask them for chalk to draw!!

or iron fist!!!

4. pixiesfanyo

pixiesfanyo Crusader (401) Oct 25, 2010 California

Churchill's and Lost Abbey is the best bet.

5. SoCalStout

SoCalStout Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2011 California

You could honestly hit like 3-4 others that are near by. Lost Abbey/Port, Iron Fist, Mother Earth, Latitude 33 should be opening this Sat, Aztec, etc

6. ryno09

ryno09 Pundit (811) May 1, 2010 California

Pizza Port, Churchill's, and/or Sublime.

7. DCRA

DCRA Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2011 California

Pizza Port and then Texas Liquor

8. dcgunman

dcgunman Pooh-Bah (2,608) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Check out ABC. You can see from one extreme to the other the difference between Stone and Alpine. Yes its an hour drive south of Stone, but its worth it!.

9. luisc123

luisc123 Initiate (0) Oct 20, 2011 California

Definitely Port Brewing/Lost Abbey. Tasters are cheap and it's a super laid back warehouse atmosphere. I would say Mother Earth but I do not think they're open on Tuesdays. Try Iron Fist and draw on their wall while you're there

10. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

You will want to go to Churchill's Pub & Grille in San Marcos. Your trip will be just days after the pub's annual Renaissance Event and there will be world-class offerings on tap--I guarantee it.
    Last year, I was drinking 2010 Abyss, Black Xantus, Consecration, Temptation, Firestone Walker Anniversary, etc. for weeks after the event.

11. TheBoog013

TheBoog013 Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2011 California

Port Brewing / Lost Abbey, not a lot of bells and whistles, just amazing beer.

12. deleted_user_553489

deleted_user_553489 Zealot (531) Jan 16, 2011

And pretty much everything comes in a pint!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.