Refunds for Goose Island 2015 Bourbon County Coffee & Bourbon County Barleywine

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by snoopdme, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChiCubs78

ChiCubs78 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2015 Illinois

I was told the same thing last week...

...and they were wrong. Gots my check and shirt yesterday!

We goin sizzer! We goin sizzler!

montman and jtirpak22 like this.
  2. CassinoNorth

CassinoNorth Disciple (304) Apr 5, 2013 New Jersey

I got my check a few weeks ago...that was right.

Requested a large shirt. Got 2 shirts yesterday...both XXL.

3. jtirpak22

jtirpak22 Initiate (0) Aug 27, 2015 Washington

Got my shirt yesterday but still no check. I wouldn't mind receiving it ahead of the de Garde anniversary party, hopefully it shows up this week.

4. kuelhof

kuelhof Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2013 Colorado

Called the day before deadline, and I got my check (correct $$) on Friday, and my shirt (correct size) on Saturday. Consider me satisfied.

evilcatfish and Mikexw like this.
  5. cl3

cl3 Disciple (338) Aug 16, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Got my refund today in NW WI. Correct amount. Called first week of February. No shirt, as of yet.

6. viper11tg

viper11tg Initiate (106) Aug 13, 2015 California
    Trader

Same as the above, good my check today for the correct amount, located in Austin, TX. No shirt as of yet, called around mid feb I think.

7. LambicPentameter

LambicPentameter Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Nebraska

Called day of deadline and got my shirt on Saturday--correct size. Still waiting on a check but after the clusterfuck of incorrect amounts going out to people I figured lead time was going to increase as the figure out what the hell was going on.

8. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2013 Illinois

Called hour before deadline. Got check for correct amount Friday and correct shirt size today.

9. manbearpack

manbearpack Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2013 Texas

Got an email back today telling me the last checks went out today and to contact them again if I don't receive it within a few weeks. My shirt arrived last week.

10. kclifford

kclifford Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2014 Illinois

Originally called on Feb 2nd, 2016. Had 6 Barleywines and 3 coffees to be refunded (no receipt, so I was told I would get a check for $100). I found that to be fair, not that I ever save beer receipts, but still seemed reasonable.

March 29th - still hadn't received anything, so gave them a call. Gentleman confirmed my contact info and said if see nothing in a few weeks to check in again.

April 19th - still hadn't receive anything, so gave them a call. Woman again confirmed my contact info, didn't understand why prior call center employee said to call again in a few weeks. I asked if there's a "drop-dead" date that I should reach out again if I hadn't received anything. She said (gulp) mid-June. Nearly 5 months after original call.

April 21st - correct size t-shirt shows up at my door haha. Still no check though.

...ohhhh the joy of getting to Binny's at 11:00 PM Thursday night and camping in a tent to be number 3 in line for GI release

2beerdogs and cavedave like this.
  11. striker2160

striker2160 Disciple (347) May 5, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

I got my refund last week for the correct amount and my shirt the following day (wrong size)

12. jcb7472

jcb7472 Zealot (525) Jul 13, 2011 Florida

got my check a month ago and then just yesterday I received 2 t-shirts. I was only expecting one and wasnt sure if it was coming. T-shirt is pretty nice. Feels comfortable.

13. montman

montman Devotee (433) Mar 10, 2009 Virginia
    Trader

Got a t-shirt yesterday, no check yet, I called in February.

14. CraigP83

CraigP83 Defender (612) Dec 19, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

Got my check, no T-shirt

Leebo likes this.
  15. kclifford

kclifford Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2014 Illinois

April 27th - received check for $100 as expected

16. bleedblue9150

bleedblue9150 Initiate (0) Jun 25, 2014 Ohio

Got my shirt last week and a check for about $100 MORE than expected. Calling to clear it up

17. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Poo-Bah (3,140) Jan 31, 2005 California
    Society Trader

Well. I popped. BCBS late night. At least that one seemed fine.

Leebo likes this.
  18. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Poo-Bah (8,307) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Society

Had one 7 days ago, didn't find anything wrong with it.

19. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,169) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

It is amazing how bad they f***ed up the reimbursement! People have gotten nothing, too much, not enough, wrong sized shirts, no shirts, one too many shirts. What kind of half assed operation are they running??

Mongrel likes this.
  20. CHILLINDYLAN

CHILLINDYLAN Crusader (743) Dec 13, 2008 Washington
    Society

Got my check last week. but yet to get the shirt.

21. teefrednyc

teefrednyc Initiate (48) Apr 2, 2014 New York

Got my shirt last week. Check came in today but they mispelled my name on it (just my luck). Hopefully they can reissue a check??

Edit: Just called and theyre going to reissue a check.... 3-12 weeks according to the rep. Just in time for this yrs BCBS release.

#1341 teefrednyc, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  22. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2014 California

Back in the good old days of checks-in-the-mail when I had a home business selling records I used to get misspelled checks all the time. (letters left out or vowels switched nothing major) and would just deposit em. Can't ever recall it being a problem. Id throw that sucker in an ATM and see what happens.

jrnyc likes this.
  23. teefrednyc

teefrednyc Initiate (48) Apr 2, 2014 New York

Thought about it. Didnt want my acct locked because if a bad check

24. Tom_in_RI

Tom_in_RI Initiate (57) May 5, 2015 Rhode Island

Got my check today, hoping for the shirt soon.

25. Selz202

Selz202 Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2015 Washington

So im assuming its far too late to get in on this? I only have 1... I knew they were infected but didn't see they were going to do refunds.

26. LanePerson

LanePerson Initiate (128) Dec 31, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Finally got my check yesterday but still no shirt. Check was the correct amount. Called in late February.

27. drtth

drtth Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania

Correct assumption. Deadline passed a while back.

28. millelacsmark

millelacsmark Devotee (479) Dec 23, 2008 Minnesota
    Trader

My initial call was Feb 9th nothing so far. Called and talked to customer service today. Was told I am "good to go" on my refund and shirt but it might be a few more weeks.

29. N_Schleret

N_Schleret Disciple (306) May 22, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

Check came yesterday for the $ amount I was told.

30. BloodInMyHair

BloodInMyHair Initiate (0) Dec 24, 2015 Arizona

Got my 2nd check yesterday and its the 2nd time they messed up on the amount. Way less than it should be.

31. Mscott2016

Mscott2016 Initiate (0) May 1, 2016

Although I am happy to see they did this, as someone leading a busy life I am just now seeing it. And the only reason I am seeing it now is because after waiting 6 months to crack open a barleywine after having a bad experience in the first month I was appalled to taste the most bitter disgusting beer of my life...it had only gotten worse with age. I now have 9 more bottles of barley wine and coffee after convincing my wife that I would hold off on buying any more beer and I am concerned they are all equally as bad. So I have invested 100s of dollars in what once was my favorite beer and am now seeing that apparently I can't get a refund anymore? This is the problem with poor integrations. Big company comes in and rips out the soul of a good business and the customers are left holding the bag. Can't believe something could get so mangled within the first year of new ownership. I will hope they do right and give me and others refunds for this, otherwise I will do my part to ensure 2016 is a disaster locally...drive by samples of the 2015 batch for people waiting in line on Black Friday 2016 should do the trick.

SammyJaxxxx and HeadyTheElder like this.
  32. spacecake9

spacecake9 Meyvn (1,080) Apr 26, 2014 Illinois

Got my shirt and check last week!

33. Hambrony88

Hambrony88 Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2013 Michigan

Got my check first and then my shirt 3 days later.

34. littlepiggie

littlepiggie Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2013 Illinois

I opened Prop and a regular last night and they both smelled sour and tasted sour the prop was more pungent and much worse. I don't know if they are infected or just awful. I had them on tap to begin with and I enjoyed them. The prop was sweet and this one was nothing like it. Anyone have this issue?

deleted_user_950283 likes this.
  35. Bdubbsyall

Bdubbsyall Initiate (67) Aug 13, 2014 Illinois

I received my check about 5-6 weeks after I called to report the issue. Check was for the proper amount, and last week I received two Medium shirts. Bonus!

36. Rockjocknroll

Rockjocknroll Disciple (385) Jun 15, 2014 California

Just popped a BW this weekend. Garbage. Didn't know there was a deadline. They should have really given more time to folks to get refunds; most people wouldn't touch it for years anyway. A month to get a refund wasn't nearly long enough; it's not like they weren't making s*$@-tons more money this year with the increase in cost per ounce and screwing small shops with their "you have to buy 5 cases of our beer nobody wants to get a little BCBS". F$@% Goose Island.

37. Wyldhog

Wyldhog Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2014 Illinois

Second check comes in, still wrong amount - and 2 small shirts, not large
    Shouldn't be that difficult

jrnyc likes this.
  38. deleted_user_950283

deleted_user_950283 Crusader (796) Feb 25, 2015
    Trader

yes mine was sour tart and undrinkable

VABA likes this.
  39. Coldstorage

Coldstorage Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2014 California

Oh come on, everyone knows that 2 small shirts equals a Large shirt. Now you are just nit picking.

SammyJaxxxx, jrnyc and rightcoast7 like this.
  40. PbFarmer

PbFarmer Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2015 Wisconsin

Got my 15$ check a week ago for my 1 BW and got my shirt 2 days ago. Correct size... Opened a '15 bcbs yesterday and it was delicious. I was actually a little surprised that I got a shirt seeing that I only purchased one bottle of BW and none of the coffee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.