Regular Atlanta Area Tastings

Discussion in 'US - South' started by GatorBeerNerd, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GatorBeerNerd

GatorBeerNerd (0) Sep 15, 2007 Georgia

I have realized lately that a lot of the Atlanta area beer drinkers do not seem to know about the Ale Atlanta group. It has been around for quite some time and meets at 5 Seasons West on the first Thursday of each month.

For those of us on the North side of town, we recently started a group we are calling Ale Alpharetta since it meets at the 5 Seasons North location in Alpharetta. The meetings for it are on the 3rd Thursday of each month.

Everyone is welcome at each one assuming you bring beer to share with the group. Some people bring homebrew while others bring commercial beers. You just need to bring something to share. There is no kind of dues or membership fee for either, it is completely free and open to anyone that shows up. Since they are at a place of business, it is suggested that you leave some sort of tip for the wait staff that cleans up after us even if you do not buy something from 5 Seasons.

There are reminders for each meeting that are sent out on the Atlanta beer-talk mailing list. You can sign up for that list at atlantabeer.com. Signing up for the list is particular important for the Ale Atlanta meetings since there is usually a style theme each month.

I just wanted to post info about the gatherings since it surprised me recently how many people that are into beer locally do not seem to know about them.

2. thagr81us

thagr81us (0) Apr 28, 2010 South Carolina

Man... I wish I lived closer to you guys Donnie. I would be at just about every one of them.

3. ATLbeerDog

ATLbeerDog (0) Nov 12, 2005 Georgia

There is also a Bottle Share the First Sunday of every month at 2pm at the Wrecking Bar in Little 5 Points.

4. GatorBeerNerd

I forgot about that one until I saw the reminder for it on the beer-talk mailing list.

5. jrguevara

jrguevara (0) Jun 22, 2011 Georgia

Thank you for this. I will sign up.

6. Gig2828

Gig2828 (0) Mar 20, 2013 Georgia

Is this still going on?

7. gdodd12

gdodd12 (0) Oct 1, 2009 Georgia

I haven't seen an email about it lately. So probably not.

8. kp

kp (0) Jun 5, 2002 Georgia

Both are still happening every month.

9. GameFreac

GameFreac (0) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia

Good to know. Might need to start going to those.

10. Kmccabe33

Kmccabe33 (0) Nov 4, 2011 Georgia
    Trader

How does one get added to the beer talk mailing list for Atlanta?

11. Gig2828

Gig2828 (0) Mar 20, 2013 Georgia

We are heading to BSP next Friday. Starts at 5pm. Was told it will be epic. Hopefully we'll see you there.

12. Kmccabe33

Trader

Isn't Friday also the anniversary party at Wrecking Bar?

13. narayan

narayan (0) Jun 28, 2007 Georgia

Recently moved to town from Colorado, would love to share beer and meet local BAs. Will get myself added to the email lists pronto

14. AtlCarl

AtlCarl (0) Feb 1, 2011 Georgia
    Trader

Yes, it is. Both Friday and Saturday.

15. GatorBeerNerd

iccccceman likes this.
  16. Kmccabe33

Trader

17. jumboj11

jumboj11 (0) May 24, 2009 Georgia

Thanks for the heads up on this guys, been wanting to get to some bottle shares and had no idea about these. Looking forward to attending and meeting some of y'all!

18. ontherocks

ontherocks (0) Mar 4, 2008 Georgia

Since I missed this year's HMOG (for a family gathering with good beer), if the stars align properly, I might be able to make one of the Ale Alpharetta meetings. Calendar marked.

19. GatorBeerNerd

Since this got bumped up again, and I just sent out the email for the June Ale Alpharetta meeting, I thought I would mention it here as well in case people had not signed up for the beer-talk list. This months meeting will be this Thursday at 7:30 pm at 5 Seasons North. If anyone has any questions, send me a beer mail. If you want to sign up just put your name on this list and bring some beer with you to share on Thursday. No need to list the beers you are bringing unless you want to for vertical or comparison purposes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgQRUWhNwH_zdEduS01GeWstNzJhOEhLWE9zUWZLcXc#gid=0

Just so you know, these meetings are not like HMOG. They are much smaller and while we have had some great beers show up, people typically do not dig to the bottom of their cellar for these events.

20. narayan

narayan (0) Jun 28, 2007 Georgia

Signed up with a couple of Colorado offerings, look forward to meeting some of y'all.

21. ontherocks

ontherocks (0) Mar 4, 2008 Georgia

Thanks. It may not be this month, maybe next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.