Results from South Denver Beer Fest Day One?

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by joshclauss, May 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshclauss

joshclauss Zealot (689) Oct 31, 2010 Colorado

I'm heading down to the burbs today to this thing. Anyone go yesterday with things to talk about?

2. drumrboy22

drumrboy22 Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2005 Colorado

We didn't stay too long yesterday since we were heading to the Volunt release last night, but I was impressed by the BA DIPA by Gravity and the Peach Sour by Paradox. Some nice surprises in the spirits tent too. Saw Tolann and Dauss there and they might have other suggestions. Back at it today. See you there.

3. dauss

dauss Pooh-Bah (1,730) Aug 9, 2003 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

It was a pretty standard beer fest. It wasn't crowded and there weren't insane lines to get beer either. Other than that, got to try some beers from some CO breweries that I've never heard of. Took advantage of the bus that was running between there and the Littleton light rail station. Only saw a couple people throw up.

4. Tolann

Tolann Initiate (0) Jul 9, 2007 Colorado

I enjoyed it. Great day to spend outside in the park. Plans were to take the bus from Littleton Station, but after waiting 10min or so, we said screw it and drove to Clement Park. Saw the school bus about half way between the park and the station. Maybe they could have used more buses making more trips for everyone that was waiting. I felt that parking at the park wasn't well organized either. There were people standing guard making sure you didn't park in the library parking lot, but no one telling you that there were no parking spaces available in the other lots. There were some designated street parking still available though. The brew tents were easy enough to get through, and a few other vendors set up in between. Music was playing on the stage, but I didn't pay too much attention to it. It wasn't too loud or obnoxious, so that was nice. They also had some games of Cornhole set up if you were so inclined to play.

5. ucsbmullet

ucsbmullet Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2011 Colorado

Not being from Denver, I enjoyed the opportunity to try all the new breweries in the greater metro area that have popped up in the last year or two. Not too crowded on Sat (unless you tried to use the restrooms towards the end of the day).

- In an upset, my favorite beer was Fate's Watermelon Kolsh (an upset because I've never really ever had a good Kolsh before). Heard they're gonna start bottling some of their brews soon.
    - Loveland Alework's Imperial Stout was very good. They also had a sour on tap.
    - Got to try Elevation's Third Base Tripel. Solid effort. They said it would be out in 2 weeks.
    - If you got there early enough, O'Dell had their Tree Shaker Peach IPA to pour. Probably my second favorite of the day. Was skeptical on this one, but it was really good.
    - Caution's Hippity Hops IPA was one of my favorite IPAs there.
    - Enjoyed Brewery Rickoli's IPA as well.
    - Kicking myself for missing Gravity's BA DIPA.
    - River North had their Anniv brew (very solid) in addition to their Dubbel and Quad.
    - Paradox easily had the longest line. Double the others by 4-4:30. (Hint: bring a barrel aged offering, and everyone will want to try).

Good new addition to the beer fest lineups in our state.

6. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Grand Pooh-Bah (4,216) May 19, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

That Kolsh was Golden City's top tier beer (with Stand Up IPA) before Jeff went to Fate. Glad to see it's re-birth

7. denver10

denver10 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,081) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico
    Pooh-Bah Society

I have tried about 4 or 5 of Loveland Aleworks beers and that Imperial Stout is by far their best. I agree quite good. Can't say I was much a fan of the others though but its been a few months at least since I last gave them a shot, as a new brewery I am sure that time probably makes a difference. I should give them another shot, really dig the loft like layout of the place.

SalukiAlum likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.