Revision California Distribution (2019)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by dcgunman, Jan 1, 2019.

1. stevepat

stevepat Defender (662) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Trader

Gotta say I was a little let down by Citra Slam, it has this thin lemony character that I just don't expect from revision. Honestly the batch of regular IPA I picked up at the same time had a bit of it too so I wonder if it wasn't an aspect of the batch of citra they're running right now. Anywho still love them and i was stoked to see their spot, wish I had more time to taste stuff before purchase but I will definitely be back

lucius10 likes this.
  2. VitisVinifera

VitisVinifera Initiate (122) Feb 25, 2013 California

Got my hands on some Planetary Fog and Reno as Fuck from Davis Beer Shoppe.

P Fog is as beautiful as the last time I had it. Really well done blend of 4 hops, pillowy soft.

RAF is a bigger, more bitter IPA. Brings it and delivers. First time having this.

As an aside, do they still make Mosaic Revenge? Haven't seen it in a long time and I love it.

Ma9573 and jakecattleco like this.
  3. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Poo-Bah (2,008) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Society Trader

Maybe others' experience differs from mine, but I've only seen single batches of the Revenge series. PFog is my hazy fall back, as Moonraker has defiled my favorite Holy Hermit recently. Thank You Revision!

Grab some Hop Venom while you were at DBS? Gotta love seeing Boneyard stuff popping up on Norcal tap handles!

4. dcgunman

dcgunman Crusader (799) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Trader

Citra Revenge bombers are available right now. I believe it’s the 2nd round for the Citra hop to stand out in their Revenge series. Mosaic was equally as delicious as Citra. I would love to see Nelson Revenge. Bring it on Revision.

5. dcgunman

dcgunman Crusader (799) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Trader

What was different from this batch of Hermit to their last? I’ve never had Hermit. Planning to pick some up today.

6. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Poo-Bah (2,008) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Society Trader

Flavors and nose didn't pop like before, and it visually looks nothing like it did before. I posted a comparison pic in the Moonraker thread. I'm done buying Moonraker cans that I can't taste first. Too many ups/downs in their QA/QC since the new production facility came online and Zach left.

Ice_Cream_And_IPAs and dcgunman like this.
  7. stevepat

stevepat Defender (662) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Trader

I'm just trying my first from them. I picked up separation stout at the brewery a few weeks ago. It delivers big bigly on bourbon barrel and chocolate (conditioned on cacao nibs). It's nice, I think it was like 25 for the bottle, I don't know if it's worth it for me to do again but I would probably give one that wasn't with chocolate a chance. I could see just a big stout with this barrel character being really nice for those in the mood for a barrel monster

grilledsquid likes this.