Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Revolution Oktoberfest Party at the new brewery!

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by moju, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsal89

dsal89 Jul 6, 2008 Indiana

So how many tickets were actually available for this? People seem to still be able to buy them.

I know they said 1/3 of their brewery opening party...but i dont even know the ticket counts for that

2. Tnudish

Tnudish Feb 16, 2012 Wisconsin

If I wasnt already out of town, I would be all over this. Sounds way more fun than the opening party.

3. MarkFy

MarkFy Dec 18, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I'm in. I've missed too many good Rev Brew parties to not jump on this wagon. It's wishful thinking, but if I could get a liter of BA Baracus, I think I might have an awesome time, that I won't remember :)

dsal89 likes this.
  4. AlexHouston

AlexHouston May 19, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I look forward to partaking in this as well. Cheers everyone.

dsal89 likes this.
  5. steebo777

steebo777 Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

My brother-in-law and I are deciding whether to do this or not, and seeing as we really only want to watch college football and drink beer, we'll probably stick to another bar during the day. Definitely hitting Revolution Friday night though!

6. Jwren5

Jwren5 Aug 26, 2011 Illinois

Well, my husband and I did buy tickets, so I'm looking forward to this! Who could say no to free carny games?

dsal89 likes this.
  7. ravot

ravot Mar 20, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

they tweeted that tickets were sent out. did anyone get them?

8. nucmedmario

nucmedmario Sep 1, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

i got mine in the mail last thursday.

9. dsal89

I got my tickets a few days ago.

10. harrylee773

harrylee773 Aug 8, 2010 Illinois

I received mine last week.

11. Jwren5

My tickets arrived in the mail last week as well.

12. Vav

Vav Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

Looks like i'm going to miss this, gunna be in Colorado. Drat. Someone give moju a noogie for me.

13. danimalarkey

danimalarkey Mar 3, 2008 Illinois

When did you purchase the tickets? Anyone that bought them after the 17th (I think) will have a ticket waiting at will-call.

14. ravot

Beer Trader

i forget the date, but the day of the announcement.

15. danimalarkey

danimalarkey Mar 3, 2008 Illinois

Oh. Then you probably should have gotten them by now for sure.

16. dsal89

well ill be driving there tomorrow. Hopefully i can find parking in a one mile radius of the brewery

17. aefbjo

aefbjo Jun 8, 2005 Bahamas

You'll have no problem whatsoever, I'm fairly sure. Not a busy part of town. For a good alcohol-buffering Mexican meal beforehand go over on Belmont to the intersection with California & Elston and eat at La Traspasada. Their black salsa is the shiiiiit. Or go to the Joong Boo market a quarter-mile west at 3333 N. Kimball for a hearty bowl of bibimbap.

dsal89 likes this.
  18. 71gto

71gto Jun 3, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

See you guys there tomorrow, going to be a great time.

dsal89 and ravot like this.
  19. ravot

Beer Trader

i'll be there tomorrow. not sure what i'll rock. maybe a kuhnhenn shirt and rock it out like a slut.

dsal89 likes this.
  20. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Apr 23, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

You definitely will find parking. If not on Kedzie, then on the side streets around it. No problem.

21. dsal89

Awesome!

Now im not worried about it lol

Also, is the 1 liter stein going to be used for all beers? Or just the first Oktoberfest you get?

THat would destroy me if i had 1 liter of barleywine lol

ravot likes this.
  22. dsal89

Also, ill be rocking a Blackhawks track jacket with my FFF shirt under it and a blue and white Notre Dame hat.

Say whatsup!

23. ravot

Beer Trader

mishugga likes to know what i wear among other people.

24. Jwren5

I'll be wearing knee high obnoxious yellow socks that say "beer". That'll be the easiest way to find me if anyone wants to say "hey".

dsal89 likes this.
  25. dsal89

^Hahahahahahahahaha. You sir are my hero!!!

26. Jwren5

Can I still be your hero if I'm not a sir?

27. dsal89

Well this got awkward fast! ...but yes i suppose so. Im not sexist at all, maam.

And if you tell me you are also not a maam then you will have totally lost me :)

28. Jwren5

I'm not sure what the age requirement is to qualify as a maam, but I'll accept.

dsal89 likes this.
  29. dsal89

Fair enough.

Prost!

Jwren5 likes this.
  30. stephenieman

stephenieman Oct 14, 2011 Illinois

Anyone know if institutionalized is going into bombers?

Can't make the party but would love to swing by tomorrow and grab a bottle if so.

31. Jwren5

Yeah, so...it's cold out...

Beer socks have vetoed. Look for a red, yellow, and black lei.

Prost!

32. yeahnatenelson

yeahnatenelson Feb 8, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I'm the guy that looks like me. High-fives 'til close.

33. Dontcounttoday

Beer Trader

So sad I didn't get tickets to this. What are the odds I can drop by and sneak in...

34. cadaugherty

cadaugherty Feb 10, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Does Pasta get jealous?

35. yeahnatenelson

yeahnatenelson Feb 8, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I'm no homewrecker.

36. Dontcounttoday

Beer Trader

Hah OK OK. I actually thought I saw a guy paying cash when I drove by, wondering if they have tickets left over

37. harrylee773

harrylee773 Aug 8, 2010 Illinois

I am certainly going to make their next party a priority- had a great time. $20 in tickets (plus a few won from the carnie games) was more than enough for 3 full fills of Oktoberfest, a brat and a pretzel and another $20 covered tips for the staff. I shouldn't have been surprised based on how good the food at the brewpub is, but the brats, pretzels and potato salad were all fantastic. Here's hoping they do some more events over the holidays.

38. dsal89

THe food was amazing and the Oktoberfest was great. Seriously. I never really think of that style as something that blows me away. But it did. Great!

Had institutionalized and despite the low scores on here i thought it was also great. I wish that came in bombers or cans. Id buy that up. Cant wait for the barrel aged version of it to be released.

My last one was Eugene. Before tonight i had never had any of their beers but now im glad i did. THese were all great. My girlfriend had Bottom Up (which was also fantastic) and ROsa which she liked but i thought was plain.

Also, according to the guy running the sledgehammer game i was the second person all day to ring the bell on it. Im not sure if he is including the person that hit it before the doors opened or not. I was wearing the Blackhawks track jacket and ND Hat that kept "wooing" after i hit it lol

All in all i had a great time and i def want to go to any other party they ever throw. They sold a 1/3 of the tickets to this compared to the opening party and this was perfect. Lots of friendly people but it wasnt crowded at all.

steebo777 likes this.
  39. 71gto

71gto Jun 3, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Had a great time as well. They made me play the hammer game because I am tall haha. I was wearing an ISU hoodie and a knit hat.

I also like the Barleywine a lot. Made a good decision and did not have a 2nd glass.

40. ravot

Beer Trader

was going to say hi but then
    [​IMG]

revolution knows how to throw a party. great staff, great environment. this party almost seemed like a customer appreciation day. bunch of fun free games that you could win to score more beer? fuck yeah. some people said 35 bucks was too much but this paid for the mugs, the rental 'carny' games, ( i did tip) and it even covered me for some drinks, keychain and shirt. i will continue to go to their parties.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe