Road Food

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TongoRad, Apr 20, 2019.

1. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,648) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Since this sort of thing gets brought up on WBAYDN, and even other threads, it might be nice to give these sorts of places their own thread. So what are your favorite food shacks, trucks and otherwise casual eateries that people should make a point to visit if they come to your area.

I'll start off by posing that question to our Tampa area members. I'll be down there in June or July this year, so what Cuban sandwiches and other goodies are there that I shouldn't miss?

2. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (2,736) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Well, this isn't here in SD, but if you are ever in the Minneapolis/St Paul area or traveling Wisconsin, there is a liquor store called Casanova in Hudson, WI right across the state line from St Paul. Attached to Casanova is their restaurant, "The Nova". The liquor store has an incredible craft offering, plus growler fills. The building is a 123 year-old brewery. They also have their own sizable cave out back where they host events. The Nova also has beers on tap - plus wine and liquor, and I believe you can also order off the Casanova taps. The Nova has the most incredible burger, shown below. Also shown is the end of a Dogfish Head Raison D'Être. Note that The Nova is closed Sundays. Well worth your time, less than a mile off I-94.

http://www.casanovaliquor.com/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (4,346) Mar 25, 2013 Georgia
    Moderator Society Trader

Mike, are you driving or flying down? I have a home in Tampa, but almost never visit - but I am on the way. I can recommend some spots to stop in Jax for food and/or beer.

I definitely thought, by the title of this thread, that it was about food you eat while driving. :rofl:

GreenBayBA and TongoRad like this.
  4. TongoRad

Society Trader

Definitely flying- my days of multi-day car trips are (hopefully) behind me at this point :wink:.

Road food, as a category, was initially popularized by Jane and Michael Stern. And, yeah, at first maybe it was stuff you ate while driving, or travelling at least. But at this point it's just how people refer to their local or regional casual joints.

That would be places like this:
    [​IMG]
    http://restaurantsnapshot.com/HiramsRoadstand/

Hiram's is definitely worth a quick detour for anybody making their way from NYC into NJ via the George Washington Bridge. Rutt's Hutt gets all the press for the deep fried hot dog thing, but Hiram's is on the same level.

5. WunderLlama

WunderLlama Poo-Bah (2,150) Dec 27, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

I travel a lot for work and was in Tampa last year. My choice for a Cuban sandwich is at Alessi Bakery. They have some other goodies such as guava pastries. Had a fried grouper sandwich at the cafe outside the convention center, it was excellent. Other Tampa tips :

~ Berns - expensive steakhouse but worth it
    ~Columbia - Ybor City classic food destination

FWIW, you should visit Cigar City. My favorite brewery was Angry Chair. Safe travels!

sharpski, FBarber and TongoRad like this.
  6. TongoRad

Society Trader

That all sounds fantastic- will make a point to try to hit all of these up. Thanks!

7. WunderLlama

Society Trader

Not too far away in Bogota is one of my all time favorite burger joints, White Manna. It’s what a super fresh White Castle burger would aspire to be...

TongoRad likes this.
  8. TongoRad

Society Trader

That is literally the exact same thing I was saying to people after I tried it for the first time. :sunglasses:

It's actually in Hackensack, though, but spitting distance from Bogota.

tasterschoice62 likes this.
  9. WunderLlama

Society Trader

Heading to Las Vegas with my college buddies next week. We will spend one day hiking at Zion. Any road food recommendations between LV and Springdale?

I know all about El Taco Gordo. Great authentic, , cheap, fresh Baja California style tacos. Just north of The Wynn & Encore , located in a strip mall across from a Walgreens or CVS. It’s a must stop every time I go to Vegas.

10. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Meyvn (1,063) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Cheese curds. You don't even know.

mickyge, SABERG, Buckeye55 and 4 others like this.
  11. Tilley4

Tilley4 Poo-Bah (2,118) Nov 13, 2007 Tennessee
    Society Trader

On the square in Madison... The Old Fashioned...the walleye, cheese curds and 2 Old Fashioneds... breakfast of champions....

scream and GreenBayBA like this.
  12. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Meyvn (1,063) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

You speak the language. Please visit Green Bay, WI.

Tilley4 likes this.
  13. Tilley4

Tilley4 Poo-Bah (2,118) Nov 13, 2007 Tennessee
    Society Trader

La Teresita for the Cuban... Saigon Deli is incredible as well...

Angry Chair and Seventh Sun in addition to Cigar City....

Roguer and TongoRad like this.
  14. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Poo-Bah (4,855) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Society

My daughter lives in Tampa and whenever I visit we go to Cigar City and TBBC in Ybor City. If you venture over to St Pete, Cycle Brewing and Green Bench are great places.

FBarber and TongoRad like this.
  15. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Poo-Bah (1,510) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Revival Brewery where I am the Chef. If ever anyone walks through the doors thats a member of BA and states such their lunch or dinner will be personally prepared by me and it will be on the house. Cheers! More to come.

16. WunderLlama

Society Trader

there you have it BA Society members. This kind and extremely generous offer more than pays for the annual fee! Road trip to Cranston!

17. WunderLlama

Society Trader

waiting to go out for Easter dinner today, thinking about food....here are some off the top of my head places from around the country worth visiting...more to follow after dessert

California

Karinas - San Diego - My Mexican Uber driver recommend this taste of home place near the airport. Horchata, grilled fish taco and bacon wrapped shrimp taco
    Toronado - San Diego - amazing beer selection AND an amazing ribeye steak sandwich

Connecticut -

Frank Pepe’s pizza - the name says it all
    nardelli’s. - local Italian sandwich shop chain in SW CT

Florida

The Sail - Tampa convention center - grouper sandwich , big and delicious
    Berns - kitschy steak house, take the tour and go to the dessert room after dinner
    Columbia- classic Ybor City institution - busy restaurant
    Alabama jacks - key largo - looks like a classic old florida dive bar. it is. excellent food
    blue heaven - key west - farm to table foods

Georgia

Aviva by kamel - atlanta - in a food court in downtown atlanta - great meditereanen food
    Krog street market - atlanta - numerous choices at this food court
    Marcel - Atalanta - elegant white table cloth French steak restaurant

MAINE

Amato’s - Portland chain sandwich shop -excellent Italians sandwich made in front of you, fresh, fresh bread
    holy doughnut - Portland - get a potato donut, thank me later
    red ‘s eats - wiscasset - ayuh, get a lobstah roll

Massachusetts

Kellys Roast beef - Boston north shore institution
    Santarpios - boston - pizza and kebabs next to Logan airport, cash only, take out is in the kitchen and you get to watch the show while your pizza bakes
    Town Spa pizza - Stoughton - pizza!
    Malebar - French restaurant - Plymouth - delicious raclette salad and ham& cheese crepe
    Woods - plymouth pier - commercial seafood distributor and restaurant - the seafood is FRESH, get a fresh lobster roll
    Oyster man - Duxbury - seafood. Oysters!
    Island Creek Oysters - Duxbury - oysters!
    French memories - Duxbury & Cohasset - French pastries accounting for 10% of my current body weight
    armsby abbey - amazing beer selection. but, they have an equally amazing farm to table food offering. get the charcuterie board

New York

Charlie the Butchers - Buffalo suburbs-beef on weck. come back for the fresh carved turkey sandwich. Loganberry soda booth times.
    Schwabels - buffalo suburbs - beef on weck. cocktails here

New Jersey -

white Manna - Hackensack - fresh hamburger sliders that White Castle wishes they served
    Harold’s - edison - enormous portions of fresh deli and pickles
    Spanish tavern - Newark Ironbound district - white table cloth fine Spanish food

Ohio

Skyline chili - Cincy area - get a 4 way and loaded dog
    Bagel and deli sho p -uptown Oxford ohio ( Miami University). Steamed salted bagel with ham and Swiss

Pennsylavania

Jims Steaks - philly -my favorite philly cheese steak in philly
    Brauhuas Schmitz - philly - great German bier selection and German food
    termini Brothers bakery - south philly, delicious

Illinois -

Mustards last stand - Evanston -my favorite hot dog, burger and Italian beef stand -adjacent to Ryan Field ( Northestern)
    Hecky’s BBQ - Evanston -take out only. Have watched full CTA buses stop there while the drive can run in and pick up his order
    Walker Brothers original pancake house - wilmette -worked here in high school. get the German pancake, apple pancake of cherry crepes. everything is good. Chain restaurant
    Wilmette chuckwagon- get the gyros
    Ginos east -Chicago -my favorite deep dish pizza- get the sausage layer. corn meal crust, yum

Kansas

jack stack - BBQ
    Joes Oklahoma BBQ

Louisiana

Cochon - New Orleans - butcher and restaurant, get your BLT here
    Steins market and deli - New Orleans - went for the beer, stayed for the food and had a nice conversation with the owner
    central grocery -French quarter - muffuletta

Nevada

el taco gordo - Las Vegas - Baja style fresh , cheap tacos

Rhode Island
    NY System - Cranston - get a gaggah ( coney Weiner - mustard, onions, meat sauce, etc.) and chase it with a coffee milk ( RI kids grow up on coffee milk not chocolate milk). eat it once, taste it twice.
    east side pockets - my favorite falafel place -on Thayer street next to brown University
    Caserta - great pizza “on the hill”

Vermont - prohibition pig - Waterbury - go for the beer and the food

18. TongoRad

Society Trader

Kaboom! :sunglasses:

19. WunderLlama

Society Trader

Hirams is on my list. NJ next week. Here is my list of places from the past 3 years

California

in & Out Burgers - ‘nuff said
    Karinas - San Diego - My Mexican Uber driver recommend this taste of home place near the airport. Horchata, grilled fish taco and bacon wrapped shrimp taco
    Toronado - San Diego - amazing beer selection AND an amazing ribeye steak sandwich

Connecticut -

Blue Colony Diner -Newtown - pastrami, swiss, onion on rye

Florida

Berns - kitschy steak house, take the tour and go to the dessert room after dinner
    Alabama jacks - key largo - looks like a classic old florida dive bar. it is. excellent food
    Boshamps Oyster House -Destin - delicious with great views

Georgia

Aviva by kamel - atlanta - in a food court in downtown atlanta - great meditereanen food
    Illinois -

Mustards last stand - Evanston -my favorite hot dog, burger and Italian beef stand -adjacent to Ryan Field ( Northestern)
    Hecky’s BBQ - Evanston -take out only. Have watched full CTA buses stop there while the drive can run in and pick up his order
    Walker Brothers original pancake house - wilmette -worked here in high school. get the German pancake, apple pancake of cherry crepes. everything is good. Chain restaurant
    Ginos east -Chicago -my favorite deep dish pizza- get the sausage layer. corn meal crust, yum
    Kansas

jack stack - BBQ
    Joes Oklahoma BBQ
    Kentucky
    GraleHaus - Louisville -cool locale, great beer list, “ best damn burger in town"

Louisiana

Steins market and deli - New Orleans - went for the beer, stayed for the food and had a nice conversation with the owner
    French Truck Coffee- my choice over Cafe Du Monde

MAINE

Amato’s - Portland chain sandwich shop -excellent Italians sandwich made in front of you, fresh, fresh bread

Massachusetts

Kellys Roast beef - Boston north shore institution, roast beef sandwiches, reubens and clam chowder
    Santarpios - boston - pizza and kebabs next to Logan airport, cash only, take out is in the kitchen and you get to watch the show while your pizza bakes
    Sammy’s Deli - Burlington - get the sicilian sandwich, italian cold cuts, bananna pepeprs on fresh scala bread
    Malebar - French restaurant - Plymouth - delicious raclette salad and ham& cheese crepe
    Woods - plymouth pier - commercial seafood distributor and restaurant - the seafood is FRESH, get a fresh lobster roll
    French memories - Duxbury & Cohasset - French pastries accounting for 10% of my current body weight
    armsby abbey - amazing beer selection. but, they have an equally amazing farm to table food offering. get the charcuterie board
    VeraCruzana - Amherst -great Mexican palce on main street
    Stubbies -nantucket - grab a sandwich and soup coming on/ off the boat
    George’s Coney Island - Worcester -classic dive joint- looks like the Edward Hopper painting Nighthawks
    Saltie Girl -Boston -tinned seafood in a town full of fresh seafood options
    Foodsmith - Duxbury - gourmet soup and sandwiches
    Nevada

el taco gordo - Las Vegas - Baja style fresh , cheap delicious authentic tacos

New York

Charlie the Butchers - Buffalo suburbs-beef on weck. come back for the fresh carved turkey sandwich. Loganberry soda booth times.
    Spiedie & Rib Joint - tender marinated chicken (or pork) grilled and put on a sandwich roll, my kids were raised on speidies
    Ted’s Hot Dogs - Buffalo -grilled char dogs with Loganberry shakes
    Dinosaur BBQ - great biker bar

New Jersey -

white Manna - Hackensack - fresh hamburger sliders that White Castle wishes they served
    Spanish tavern - Newark Ironbound district - white table cloth fine Spanish food
    North Carolina - Charlotte -Heist Brewery -great beer, great charcuterie

Ohio

Bagel and deli sho p -uptown Oxford ohio ( Miami University). Steamed salted bagel with ham and Swiss

Pennsylavania

Monk’s cafe - belgian beers and steak frites
    Kuppy’s Diner -Middletown - get the hash before 3 mile island starts to glow

Rhode Island
    NY System - Cranston - get a gaggah ( coney Weiner - mustard, onions, meat sauce, etc.) and chase it with a coffee milk ( RI kids grow up on coffee milk not chocolate milk). eat it once, taste it twice.
    east side pockets - my favorite falafel place -on Thayer street next to brown University
    Tennesse
    Hermitage cafe -great greasy spoon close to downtown -sop up the night’s libations here
    Martins BBQ - great BBQ downtown

Harrison8 and TongoRad like this.
  20. TongoRad

Society Trader

Heroic work on these posts, man! This is just what I was hoping for in this thread.

You just may luck out at Hiram's and be able to use the picnic area- this way you can clandestinely enjoy your own beer. :wink: Otherwise, I do really like the Pennsylvania Dutch Birch Beer that they serve.

Other Fort Lee suggestions would be the Beer Spot & Grill (public parking lot off of Main St), and Linwood Wines at Hudson Lights (free parking in the garage on Park Avenue ). Check their Beermenus pages.

Enjoy!

21. Harrison8

Harrison8 Poo-Bah (3,604) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

Came here to recommend BBQ in Kansas City. Oklahoma Joe's BBQ is now named Joe's KC BBQ.

Jack Stack's has a series of locations, with the original being in southern Kansas City, Missouri. It's within a half mile of the Martin City Brewery. Probably their most famous location is in the 'Crossroads' district of Kansas City, MO, which is home to a half dozen breweries. It's also nearby to Liberty Memorial/WW1 museum and Union Station. Lots of history right there.

Others to look for/visit:
    - Q39: BBQ: gets busy; make a reservation. Good tap list.
    - Char-Bar: BBQ: in Westport. Gets busy, make a reservation. Potentially avoid later on weekends as its on the edge of a very popular drinking district. Best beer list out of any BBQ place in town.
    - Arthur Bryant's: BBQ: heavy sauce at this old school stop (go to the 18th and Vine location, not Kansas City, KS)
    - Gate's BBQ: a classic throughout the city. Be prepared to be greeted with a loud "HI. HOW MAY I HELP YOU." the second you cross the threshold into the line.

There are many more BBQ places in town. Many, many more. In fact, one just opened up in the same building as Crane Brewery. The above list are the well known, notables, some of which are more classic than others. Kansas City is famous for its stockyards, and thus we have always had a rich tradition in beef and meat products.

tasterschoice62 and TongoRad like this.
  22. Buckeye55

Buckeye55 Poo-Bah (6,321) Jan 11, 2019 North Carolina
    Society

NC Triad area
    Kermits Hot Dogs, Winston-Salem , excellent food and car hop service since the thread is about road food.
    1 Stop, gas station & convenience store in Kernersville. Killer fried chicken and potatoes wedges.

23. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Poo-Bah (7,041) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Society

There's a lot of stuff I go looking for when I am traveling food wise, all depends on what I am in the mood for.

If anyone needs DC area food recommendations I have a ton of them, all depends on what you're in the mood for.

24. MHorridge

MHorridge Zealot (502) May 16, 2010 Florida
    Society Trader

The first two posts in this thread wrap up the places to eat AND drink here in the Tampa Bay area.

Non-beer eateries such as the one you describe? Ted Peters in Pasadena qualifies.

Alessi's is a terrific bakery. La Segunda (the Ybor location) is also amazing and is the company that produces the vast majority of Cuban bread served in the area.
    Someone else mentioned this, called the Sail Pavilion, and while the sandwich might be good, you'll broil eating there in the summertime. In that area, it's worth ambling over to Sparkman Wharf for a larger variety of food choices from some of the area's best restaurants AND a terrific beer bar in Fermented Reality Biergarten.
    Bern's is terrific (we prefer "iconic" to "kitschy" :wink:) and not really all THAT expensive if you don't start buying bottles of wine. That said, there's nothing casual -- referring to OP's first post -- about it.
    It is but, again, not really a casual place.

La Teresita for the win overall on casual, terrific Cuban food.

tasterschoice62 and TongoRad like this.
  25. TongoRad

Society Trader

Wow, thanks so much for all of that, and I'll have to make use of that thread to go over some possible itineraries as the time gets closer. Cheers!

MHorridge likes this.
  26. WunderLlama

Society Trader

need Las Vegas tips asap! Head out west on Wednesday and hike Zion on Friday....

27. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Poo-Bah (8,336) Dec 8, 2007 North Carolina
    Moderator Society Trader

This brings back some memories for me - I went there a lot in my childhood with my grandparents who lived fairly close.

28. Ranbot

Ranbot Champion (876) Nov 27, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society

This would not be off-topic in the normal forums... if you're ever driving the PA Turnpike, I-76, between Philadelphia and Harrisburg, a stop at Stoudt's in Adamstown is a treat. Great food, great beer, and it's a really cool place to just sit at the classic wooden bar and have a look around. There are lots of antique items on display, that at glance might just look like generic restaurant "flair," but if you look closer many have plaques/descriptions of what they are and why the antique piece or photo is important/unique... part restaurant, part museum. And Stoudt's has long deep roots in American craft beer, so if you like craft beer it just feels good to be there.

TongoRad likes this.
  29. WunderLlama

Society Trader

Entered the garden state via the GW Bridge at rush hour today and on the suggestion above, I head to Hiram’s

walked in and you have two options, bar on the right or walk up counter straight ahead. I go to the counter. Large display boards , open kitchen , beer taps, bar with Yankee and Ranger paraphernalia adorning he walls. I ask the counter man what he recommends and his reply is, “It’s all good.” I order the chili cheese dog and a draft birch beer. The hot dog is big, crispy skin and mild meat flavor served on a toasted bun . The chili is the highlight. Birch beer is good. the prices are cheap. Small park setting outside with picnic and I catch some sun after the drive.

[​IMG][/IMG]

TongoRad likes this.
  30. WunderLlama

Society Trader

Added some places in Illinois and Nevada

California

in & Out Burgers - ‘nuff said

Connecticut -

Blue Colony Diner -Newtown - pastrami, swiss, onion on rye

Florida

Boshamps Oyster House -Destin - delicious with great views

Georgia

Illinois -

Meier’s Tavern - Wilmette - old time homey feel bar in west wilmette
    Hackneys on Harms - Glenview - patty melt and an onion brick are sooo good
    Kansas

jack stack - BBQ
    Joes Oklahoma BBQ
    Kentucky
    GraleHaus - Louisville -cool locale, great beer list, “ best damn burger in town"

Louisiana

French Truck Coffee- my choice over Cafe Du Monde

MAINE

Massachusetts

Kellys Roast beef - Boston north shore institution, roast beef sandwiches, reubens and clam chowder
    Sammy’s Deli - Burlington - get the sicilian sandwich, italian cold cuts, bananna pepeprs on fresh scala bread
    VeraCruzana - Amherst -great Mexican palce on main street
    Stubbies -nantucket - grab a sandwich and soup coming on/ off the boat
    George’s Coney Island - Worcester -classic dive joint- looks like the Edward Hopper painting Nighthawks
    Saltie Girl -Boston -tinned seafood in a town full of fresh seafood options
    Foodsmith - Duxbury - gourmet soup and sandwiches

Nevada

el taco gordo - Las Vegas - Baja style fresh , cheap delicious authentic tacos
    Pok pok wings - Las Vegas. - urban 16 food court at the Cosmoploitan. - Brooklyn based - sticky good wings and green papaya salad. Have a seat and watch the chef put on a show making the ingredients
    District - Las Vegas -urban 16 - New Orleans based - amazing donuts - cinnamon roll and and brown butter drop were my favorites , get the Vietnamese iced coffee as well

New York

Spiedie & Rib Joint - tender marinated chicken (or pork) grilled and put on a sandwich roll, my kids were raised on speidies
    Ted’s Hot Dogs - Buffalo -grilled char dogs with Loganberry shakes
    Dinosaur BBQ - great biker bar
    Wolfs Bierdarten- Albany - German biers, German sausages and soccer on tv = heavenly

New Jersey -

North Carolina - Charlotte -Heist Brewery -great beer, great charcuterie

Ohio

Pennsylavania

Monk’s cafe - belgian beers and steak frites
    Kuppy’s Diner -Middletown - get the hash before 3 mile island starts to glow

Rhode Island
    Tennesse
    Hermitage cafe -great greasy spoon close to downtown -sop up the night’s libations here
    Martins BBQ - great BBQ downtown

mickyge and TongoRad like this.
  31. TongoRad

Society Trader

Man, you're puttin' me to shame on my own thread :slight_smile:. I'm going to have to get busy one day soon.

Hope you enjoyed Hiram's, and it's good to see that the picnic are is open. Those dogs are a veal/beef blend, made by Thuman's, specially formulated for deep frying. There's a place closer to me that uses the same thing (Jolly Nick's). The taste is mild, but also pretty full, and they make a great platform for toppings like that chili.

Thanks for the report!

32. WunderLlama

Society Trader

I thought it had veal, very mild taste , almost like a weisswurst gentle flavor mixed with the pork. My German club soccer coach was also a butcher ( off the field) and would make sausages for the clubhouse. Steve Zimmer's Hungarian Bratwursts were delicious and famous, too.

FWIW, I went to the White Manna diner in Jersey City last night for a late dinner...nice counter balance to the fine dining at the Spanish Tavern

TongoRad likes this.
  33. mickyge

mickyge Champion (876) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

I vote for the Shrimp and Cheese Grits at the Sea Horse in Pass A Grille or Beverly's in St Pete Beach for the man hole cover sized biscuits and gravy. There is also a little hole in the wall what time does the fight start type of place that has really good burgers (ask for a Juicy Lucy) and deep fried chicken livers called Willy's on the beach side of Corey ave. I love St Pete Beach.

TongoRad likes this.
  34. mickyge

mickyge Champion (876) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

I might add New Deal Fruit Inc. in Revere,Ma. submarine sandwiches as big as your arm.

35. WunderLlama

Society Trader

TongoRad likes this.
  36. laketang

laketang Meyvn (1,127) Mar 22, 2015 Illinois
    Society

East coast :

Kennebunk Maine
    On The Marsh. Not casual but worth dining at. Great piano too.

NYC
    Becco
    Fantastic Italian fare and wine.

Johns pizza of times square.
    Old church and fantastic pizza.

Carragher's pub midtown west.
    Rooftop deck on about the 5th floor. Font remember (too many beers)
    Awesome beer and food, and can't beat the view and ambience.

Upper wisconsin st. Germaine.
    Blink Bonnie
    Fantastic steaks and large drinks.

Prescott Arizona
    Rosas pizzeria. Great food and atmosphere.

El gato Azul
    Great eclectic fare and ambiance .

Park plaza liqueur and deli.
    Go into the store and pick out some beers, go to the deli, sit outside and drink your beers while eating delish food. Also a smokehouse on site, try the smoked mac. And the Cuban.

Seattle Washington.
    Dalai lounge. A Tom Douglass eatery. Good shit there.
    And if you can arrange a ride, Rays boathouse on the Puget sound (you will not be disappointed).
    Hope this helps some folks.

TongoRad likes this.
  37. hottenot

hottenot Aspirant (240) Aug 13, 2018 North Carolina
    Society

This thread sounds like how to have a heart attack on the road. So many mouth watering suggestions, I like it!

TongoRad likes this.
  38. WunderLlama

Society Trader

....but he looked so happy and died with a smile on his face.......

TongoRad likes this.
  39. hottenot

hottenot Aspirant (240) Aug 13, 2018 North Carolina
    Society

All's well that ends well.
    After all.