1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

RR Damnation 750ml

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by SpdKilz, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Pooh-Bah (2,115) Jan 8, 2009 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

So, looking back at past pictures of when I first got into beer, I noticed I had a 750ml of Damnation that I vaguely remember sending out as an extra to someone.

While this is not my favorite beer by RR, I would still be interested in getting it merely because of it being in the 750ml format.

I have not seen this ISO or FT, in...as long as I can remember?

So, I was curious if anyone has one what they might trade it for, or if anyone has done said trade.

Thanks and cheers!

2. SubpoenaDeuces

SubpoenaDeuces Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2011 California

I haven't seen one of those since before I had pubes.

April 2010

3. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2012 California

I've only had a Batch 46 ( D23 ). They did the normal one in 750?

4. SpdKilz

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I know they no longer do them in 750ml's (they haven't in a few years) but this is the picture I was referring to...an olllllld picture of my "cellar" :wink: (oh how far I have come...and of course not all those beers were to be "cellared" i.e. the IPA's and such)

Not sure of the batch, but it was not 46, I know that much.

http://spdkilz.com/Spdkilz/Random/beercloset.jpg

[​IMG]

5. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Initiate (0) Nov 17, 2012 California

I hope you still have that PiaPT. I'm sure that'll nab you a 750 of anything you want

6. USMCretired

USMCretired Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2012 California

7. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Grand Pooh-Bah (3,224) Jun 9, 2006 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

When RR first came to CO in 2008 I found a bunch of Damnation 750's for $5 each. It was rad.

8. beerific

beerific Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2010 California

I think I saw a couple 750mL bottles of Damnation on a shelf within the last month. I think they were $30 a bottle. Definitely a 750mL and not one of their sours.

9. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Initiate (0) Nov 17, 2012 California

$30 for $10 worth of beer? Damn.

10. Brew33

Brew33 Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2007 Ohio

BA trading logic.....

I don't really love it but it's rare so I want it..... Gotcha.

Good luck op.

11. SpdKilz

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Where do I state that it is rare? It's not that rare. I saw some a year ago while visiting CA and it never trades because it isn't that rare/sought after. As stated in my original post I mainly want it now due to the large format bottle that I'll keep after drinking the beer. I posted this thread to see how obtainable said beer was: if it did prove too difficult to get I would simply not get it, end of story. Fortunately someone contracted me on FB this morning who is going to "gopickitupformebro" so this one is taken care of.

Nice attempt at trying to sound witty by taking my post entirely out of context in order to prove your "point".

KevSal, tewaris and aasher like this.
  12. Brew33

Brew33 Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2007 Ohio

Wasn't trying to sound "witty" or prove a point. You said you wanted the bottle merely for it's discontinued bottle format and not the contents inside I was unaware that you were an empty bottle collector. I'd consider a 3+ year old bottle of beer only available in 3-4 states at the time to be pretty rare/hard to find and if you just wanted the beer it would be easy to obtain multiple 375 ml bottles for locals. But whatever, I'm glad you got it done.

13. Apuzarne

Apuzarne Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2011 Connecticut

If history repeats itself RR will do something special with damnation and put it in the 750 ml format every 23 batches. The last time (46) they quick oaked it and put it in the 750 bottles. I only saw that being released at the brewery, toronado and city beer store.

14. beerific

beerific Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2010 California

69 was not in 750mL bottles.

15. mikehblack

mikehblack Zealot (578) Feb 10, 2010 California
    Trader

They already released batch 69 (late 2011) and it was in 375ml bottles with a full RR distribution. I'm pretty sure RR is not doing anything in 750ml except for T25 recently.

16. Apuzarne

Apuzarne Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2011 Connecticut

My mistake, I guess history did not repeat itself.

17. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Grand Pooh-Bah (3,224) Jun 9, 2006 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Batch 69 wasn't full distribution as it never hit CO. It probably never left CA.

18. beermebaby89113

beermebaby89113 Initiate (0) May 3, 2007 California

Besides T25, the last 750ml format bottle that R.R. released was Sanctification batch 4. That was back in the summer of 2010. This batch was held up a bit. Even before that they had switched to the new style 375ml bottle for the rest of there tion beers. The switch happened sometime back in early 2010 to all smaller format bottles.
    At this point if I was going to try to land a 750 ml Damnation I'd make sure it was "23" batch. I would think they'd be drinking the best at this point.

SpdKilz likes this.
  19. OneBeertoRTA

OneBeertoRTA Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2010 California

Some great trader xtra'd one to me recently. Come clean good sir...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.