Russian River Brewing Company (2021)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Todd, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Macsimus

Macsimus Initiate (172) Feb 19, 2014 North Carolina
    Trader

thx for the reply - cheers

2. thuey

thuey Disciple (333) Nov 13, 2015 California

His loss. I hadn't had STS in 5 years and to me, it was the best beer in the set.

RRBC-Lisa, JayORear and BeerBaron666 like this.
  3. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (938) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Trader

My last KRBC drop she was at front door like 30 seconds and took of with box in hand. I could see her in my cam leaving. Called to see if she can turn around. No luck. She came back next day and didn’t need a signature. KRBC uses same carrier as RRBC. CasaA too. I’ve had 4 or 5 different persons dropping the box off. KRBC does the best job packaging my box.

#323 dcgunman, Feb 23, 2021 at 3:36 PM
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 3:41 PM
    JayORear likes this.
  4. Yabu

Yabu Disciple (309) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

I get GSL deliveries at least twice a month, and they always want to see that my wife is home. One time she went out for lunch and missed him by a few minutes. He wouldn't leave the box , just came the next day.

I haven't opened up the STS. I'll do that soon!

JayORear likes this.
  5. dcgunman

Trader

This batch 3 of DDH elder is :thinking_face: a bit underwhelming to me compared to b1. I missed out on b2. First pour barely no head presence compared to previous batch1. Carbonation was almost invisible. Again this is compared to b1. As it warms it is tasting better. Can dated 2-22-21. This is probably the freshest Russian River anything I ever had. Maybe Younger back in 2010. Too fresh?

6. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Zealot (570) Jul 9, 2010 California

I was actually going to say I really like it. You're right that it's not super carbed. I see this definitely sitting squarely between Elder and Younger

JayORear likes this.
  7. riko

riko Initiate (112) Jan 18, 2008 California
    Trader

The last two times I got deliveries from them, the second being today, they didn't even knock. Just left it on the porch like an Amazon package.

JayORear and pinballplayer like this.
  8. StonedRaider

StonedRaider Initiate (147) Oct 25, 2007 California
    Trader

I’ve been receiving boxes from GLS every few weeks for the last year. For about 10 months they would leave the box without even knocking. The last couple of months it’s been hit and miss. I’ve had a few boxes held back and received calls asking when a better time for delivery was.

FrogOut69 likes this.
  9. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Devotee (489) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Trader

I think something changed internally at GLS these last few months. I've been ordering at about the same pace over the last year (about a box a week) and nobody bothered to check ID or anything - just leave it at the door and go. Over the last month or so that has changed and EVERY time they need to see my ID and won't accept anyone else's even when they are 21+. I get it, but it was nice when I didn't have to pause calls with clients to show the same delivery driver my ID on a weekly basis.

10. pinballplayer

pinballplayer Disciple (326) Jul 2, 2014 California
    Trader

Same here. Luckily I heard the truck deliver PtY so I could bring the box inside.

riko likes this.
  11. mhucker28

mhucker28 Initiate (51) Apr 24, 2020 California
    Trader

Strange. I haven't had anything change with my GLS deliveries. They always knocked and waited for my wife or me to answer the door, signed the delivery for us and left it on the front porch. No ID checks, no actual signing anything, but they did make sure someone was home.

12. wolf13

wolf13 Initiate (140) Dec 11, 2014 California
    Trader

I think GLS is delivery person specific. Most of the ones that come to my house ring the bell and walk away without waiting for me. A couple of rung and I just answered via Nest telling them I was home, but I couldn't make it to the door and they just left. I think MAYBE only one has ever asked me for an ID.

Macsimus and pinballplayer like this.
  13. RRBC-Lisa

RRBC-Lisa Initiate (116) Jan 21, 2021 California
    Society

It could be that the account is requesting beer faster than they're selling and not rotating it in a timely manner. What account was this? If you are more comfortable emailing, hit up info@rrbeer.com RRBC Distro managers need to know.

14. JBogan

JBogan Champion (851) Jul 15, 2007 California

Yeah it seems to vary a bit. Mine's never asked for ID but they do wait out there for a moment until I come out to sign for it. I've never had one just leave a package and go.

Also on a GLS note ... When I first started ordering beer I really liked the way my packages arrived on time and in good shape. However my last two deliveries there have been an issue. I tracked my package and when it got to the nearest GLS hub to me (about 50 miles away) I called ahead and asked them if they could hold the package there, and I would pick it up. I didn't want to sit around my house all day waiting for the package, as they said the delivery could be anytime between 11am and 5pm. They said yup it's here and we'll hold it for you. so I drive all the way down there and, you guessed it, "Oh sorry it's not here. We sent it out for delivery". So I made a 100 mile round trip drive for nothing.

Then just yesterday I called ahead and asked them the same thing, please hold my package and I'll pick it up. "Ok, yes the system says that it's still here, I'll tell them to hold it". I told them that I want to be 100% sure the package is there before I leave my house and drive all the way there to pick it up. "Ok, someone will call you within the next 90 minutes to verify that". 90 minutes come and go and nobody called me back. So I call them and, you guessed it again, "Sorry, the package was sent out for delivery already". C'mon GLS, you can do better than that.

Brent212 likes this.
  15. dcgunman

Trader

Pandemic Road Trip. Not a totally waste of time these days. At least you got out of the house and it was a beautiful day for a ride?

JBogan likes this.
  16. Brent212

Brent212 Initiate (148) Jan 13, 2014 California
    Trader

You're a beer half full kind of guy.

17. bret27

bret27 Meyvn (1,468) Mar 10, 2009 California
    Trader

This might be a little cheesy but i just want to give a shout out to RR.
    Aside from the pty sale that will probably go down in history books, their online sales have been flawless and easy to navigate.
    I was working the last 2 days, and put a comment in my latest order I’d prefer to get it today, and it was done for me. I appreciate the flexibility.
    [​IMG]

18. dcgunman

Trader

If you say so. :no_mouth:

JayORear and bret27 like this.
  19. pdmoore714

pdmoore714 Aspirant (220) Dec 26, 2013 California
    Trader

Anyone else get a Delivery Exception email today and have their beer sitting in Santa Clarita? Arrived there 6:36am, then at 7:52am bumped to tomorrow delivery. Guess they didn't want to drive to OC today.

20. dcgunman

Trader

Got mine on Tuesday. OC.

21. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (3,502) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Society Trader

Russian River wrote me a very good, detailed message about the struggles of operating a brewery during a pandemic. Kind of disappointed in myself that I complained about 2 month old beer. I will always love Russian River. Cheers.