Sam Summer in Cans Too!

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by AlcahueteJ, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Poo-Bah (1,961) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts
    Society

After all these years it looks weird to see it in a can. And Boston Lager is out too, both in 12 packs. They're going to make a killing with the Sam Summer 12 packs.

[​IMG]

HoptimusMax1mus likes this.
  2. DarkDragon999

DarkDragon999 Aspirant (273) Feb 13, 2013 Rhode Island

I may check it out but since neither beer is great its not my top priority at the moment. I mean Boston lager is fine but the Summer ale I just had in the summer variety pack and I dont remember it being too memorable. I like canned beer so Im still interested though.

3. Providence

Providence Champion (821) Feb 24, 2010 Rhode Island
    Trader

Just saw loads of this stuff for sale tonight. I love that Sam is embracing the cans and in 12 packs no less! With that said, I will probably pass on those two as they aren't my favorites. If Noble Pils were in 12 packs of cans I'd buy it by truck load.

TeddyBG likes this.
  4. DarkDragon999

DarkDragon999 Aspirant (273) Feb 13, 2013 Rhode Island

I might choose Porch Rocker over Summer Ale honestly. Porch Rocker is more lemony.

MarshMan71 likes this.
  5. Dools9

Dools9 Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2011 Massachusetts

Not a big fan of the summer ale at all really. Had the lager from the can last weekend and it tasted like the freshest BL I've had, close to a draft pour flavor.

6. deadliest

deadliest Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2009 Texas

I will definitely be investing in many BL 12 packs over the summer.

7. pcsnyder

pcsnyder Initiate (0) May 2, 2011 Pennsylvania

I was incredibly disappointed with the last Sam Summer Ale I had, just a couple weeks ago. It was virtually tasteless. I've had Sam Summer before and enjoyed it well enough, but after that last pint of it, I'm afraid I'd be buying the equivalent of canned water. I hope it was just an off pint and not a palate shift, cause I got quite a bit of Sam Summer last year and was looking forward to doing the same this year.

8. SenorHops

SenorHops Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2010 Rhode Island

No thanks.

9. mjtiernan

mjtiernan Initiate (0) Feb 15, 2008 New York

Brooklyn Summer (in cans) FTW.

mob2332, BBAVUSO21 and Shmuffalo like this.
  10. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2012 Pennsylvania

Did you accidentally have regular Sam? Sam summer may not be the best beer, but it has a fairly noticeable sweet/lemony flavor.

11. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2012 Pennsylvania

KBS (in cans) FTW.

12. bomberdawg

bomberdawg Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2012 Oklahoma

If it makes it cheaper, perhaps this will bring more people out of the American piss water corporation's fold.

13. pcsnyder

pcsnyder Initiate (0) May 2, 2011 Pennsylvania

No, it was definitely Sam's Summer. It's usually my go-to summer beer, so like I said, I'm hoping it was just a one-off. Or a bad keg, maybe.

14. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2013 New York

I'm no SA hater, but what we have here is a horrible beer wrapped in a neat can

15. Herky21

Herky21 Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2011 Iowa

I wish it was Noble Pils... Not a Summer Ale Fan.

16. HoptimusMax1mus

HoptimusMax1mus Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2012 Arizona

I am not a fan of the Summer Ale but I am glad they are doing cans! Now Double Agent IPL in cans would be awesome.

Judgie likes this.
  17. SerialTicker

SerialTicker Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2012 Michigan

Sam Summer was the first craft beer that I really got into last year, that I remember.

Nowadays I just think it's "bleh" at best. Still great to see more craft getting into cans ... that's how it should be, in my opinion.

"Double Agent IPL in cans would be awesome."

Couldn't agree more. That's one hell of a beer.

18. Sam_C

Sam_C Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2013 Georgia

Not too thrilled with the Sam Adams cans. Not geeking out because I've drank many a can 'o beer on a hot, summer day. I do think I'll pick up a pack of them just to see if there is a difference... wish they had the porch rocker instead of the summer ale, as well. Cheers

19. HoptimusMax1mus

HoptimusMax1mus Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2012 Arizona

I think those of us that are excited about cans are those that like to do stuff outdoors. I like to go camping/fishing and it is much easier to tote around a bunch of cans that bottles.

20. ESHBG

ESHBG Devotee (441) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

I'm a can fan but BL and Summer Ale, while I do enjoy them, are not my top SA beers, but I am sure I will try these out of curiosity anyway. I am hoping this is also a bit of a test run to see how well cans sell because I would looooove to see Noble Pils, Octoberfest, Alpine Spring, etc., in cans one day! :grinning:

21. CassinoNorth

CassinoNorth Disciple (304) Apr 5, 2013 New Jersey

Ordered the Summer cans for my store. Probably gonna outsell anything else Sam Adams for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.