Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Samuel Adams' Hop-ology seasonal IPA pack

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by AutumnBeerLove, Apr 30, 2012.

1. nicholasofcusa

Totally agree. Sam Adams makes some of the worst IPAs in the craft beer world. I can get a 22oz of Third Voyage for $3 and still always pass it over. The Deconstructed is a great idea, but they need a much better base beer for it to be worth while.
    The only Hopology beer I thought was any good was the Tasman IPA.

My brother was recently telling me about how much he enjoyed the Rebel IPA, so I view it with guarded optimism and would like to give it a shot. However I've only seen it for like $9.50/sixer. When I can get Lagunitas Maximus and Southern Tier 2xONE for approximately the same price I'm skipping Rebel every time.

#81 nicholasofcusa, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  2. GreesyFizeek

Beer Trader

Where did you find/hear this? I tried to look up info on if it was coming out again and I couldn't locate anything. The Deconstructed sounds like a really cool pack.

3. audioserf

Latitude 48 is completely forgettable. Rebel was decent but nothing I'd go out of my way to drink again. I agree that Sam Adams is not punching in its weight class in the American IPA game.

4. CharlieHustleHops

Single Hop Hallertau won Gold at GABF a couple years back in the English IPA category

5. WeaponTheyFear

SA needs to make a German or English variety pack. Probably wouldn't sell though but I would buy it.

6. HeislerGold

I strongly disagree. I've had both fresh and while Latitude 48 is a solid IPA, Rebel tastes more like a pale ale. I'd take Latitude over Rebel any day.

MilkManX likes this.
  7. BathSaltTrader

This sentence is funny on many different levels.

8. MilkManX

Yes I prefer Lattitude as well. It has a more unique taste and does not "claim" to be be anything like Rebel(which is ok but not really "west coast" imo).

HeislerGold likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe