Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

San Diego County breweries

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by sandiego67, Dec 22, 2012.

1. MacNCheese

After Lee Chase left Stone went commercial/brand expansion and forgot they were about beer. Hasn't been the same since. Just flop after flop.

domtronzero likes this.
  2. besaunders

Perhaps, but did you like the Lucky Basardt or did you think that was a flop?

3. MacNCheese

If I've had it, it wasn't memorable. After awhile you stop paying attention to average breweries.

4. sandiego67

Not a new beer but a new blend.

5. CommanderOfAwesome

Nice opinion, thanks for sharing.

6. MacNCheese

You're e="CommanderOfAwesome, post: 777557, member: 691934"]Nice opinion, thanks for sharing.[/quote]
    You're welcome. Its what we're here for.

domtronzero likes this.
  7. 01Ryan10

You left out one of the more interesting places that brews beers and has a tasting room...

White Labs

dianimal likes this.
  8. Xul

Xul

No love for Ruination 10th Anny?

Regardless of Stone's beers though, going up there just isn't a ton of fun for some of us - it's a long drive for a decent portion of the county, is usually very crowded, and the food is divisive (as has already been discussed in the past). It's a beautiful facility and they've executed wonderfully on their vision for brewery/bar/restaurant...some of us just prefer a different vibe.

domtronzero likes this.
  9. sandiego67

As discussed in another thread, White Labs is probably only interesting to the homebrewer crowd looking to sample different yeasts.

They don't produce marketable beer that can be consumed outside of the facility.

If you are a homebrewer, I highly recommend it. If not, all of the beer samples are experimental and not necessarily good so I don't see what would be the draw.

10. SageO

Beer Trader

I'm not a homebrewer, but I still like going there for the educational side, whatever flaws there may be. Granted, if someone needs to strictly prioritize, it's not my first suggestion.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe