Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Santa Clara

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by jcb7472, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcb7472

jcb7472 Jul 13, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

Will be in Santa Clara next month on a work trip for 5 days. Could I get some recommendations on the best place to buy bottles to take back to Florida? Also any good craft beer bars, brewpubs, tap rooms in the area? I will be staying on Great America Parkway in Santa Clara and will have a rental car. Thanks in advance!

2. kevo2007

kevo2007 Aug 29, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Bobby's liquors is your closest option and has a pretty solid selection of bottles. It is only 5-10 minutes from where you are staying. For bars, you'll need to drive a bit to get to San Jose. Check out original gravity, good karma (these are right across from each other in downtown San Jose), and/or Harry's hofbrau. Those should all be relatively close to where you are staying.

3. xgeneralzodx

xgeneralzodx Nov 3, 2009 California

Don't forget Santa Clara Liquors as well!

afrokaze and MontereyBay831 like this.
  4. kevo2007

kevo2007 Aug 29, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Excellent recommendation, they're bottle selection is shockingly good. I spent most of college grabbing thirty racks of keystone light from here so it surprises me how they've upgraded their bottle selection. Definitely worth stopping by.

afrokaze, xgeneralzodx and futura123 like this.
  5. leschkie

leschkie Jan 30, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

I know of a place about 1 mile from where you'll be staying that has a killer bottle selection for on-site consumption on Thursday nights. Send me a message if you want to know where this place is at.

6. mattdbh

mattdbh Feb 21, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]

xgeneralzodx and MssrTussaud like this.
  7. MssrTussaud

MssrTussaud Apr 17, 2013 California

The selection is coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE :eek:

futura123, lymph, afrokaze and 4 others like this.
  8. AptosBeerDrinker

AptosBeerDrinker Aug 9, 2011 California

Beer rave?

9. m34josh

m34josh Oct 19, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Market Beer Company inside the San Pedro Square Market is worth a visit if you're going to be downtown for OG and Good Karma anyways. Wine Affairs is also nearby

10. larryCA

larryCA Mar 20, 2011 California

If you don't mind wandering up to Mountain View, Steins is located downtown. Steakout is also in downtown MV. People are mentioned Bobby's. BevMo in Santa Clara is probably a good spot. Costco might be worth a look if you have a membership. There are also a few places in downtown San Jose. Harry's Hofbrau in San Jose is worth a trip for their tap takeovers if you're around through Thursday.

11. bayareahustla

bayareahustla Jul 13, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Sounds like St. Johns.........but i could be VERY wrong.

Santa clara Liq is a good spot, (they hide the pliny in the back) shout out to PHIL the owner. WASSUP PHIL.

Bobbys is pretty over priced, but Dee has some shit you probably havent seen around these here parts.

Harry's is the shit, slight markup on the bottles, but fuck it, they got some damn good ones. Shout OUT TO JEREMY.

Then theres always my house, where i piss zombie dust and shit BCBS.........thank you and goodnight.

EDIT: Shout out to SANTA CLARA, i was born and raised IN YOU!!!!!

beepill and xgeneralzodx like this.
  12. jcb7472

jcb7472 Jul 13, 2011 Florida
    Beer Trader

Thanks for the the recommendations y'all! It will be nice to get my hands on some beers I can't get in FL and experience a little bit of the Cali scene.

13. MssrTussaud

MssrTussaud Apr 17, 2013 California

He told me he trades for stuff and resells it here. Pretty solid.

14. MontereyBay831

MontereyBay831 Dec 15, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

You actually don't need A membership to buy alcohol/tobacco/filling your RX scripts.

afrokaze and jcb7472 like this.
  15. concealed

concealed May 7, 2009 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Any recommendations near Levi's stadium/Tasman Drive? Bottle shops?

16. m34josh

m34josh Oct 19, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Walking distance? No, but Santa Clara Liquors, Bobby's, Kelly's, and pretty much everything mentioned above are within a 10-15 minute drive depending on traffic

17. fromthewood

fromthewood May 21, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

WTF are you talking about man? Who are you and when did I say I trade for brews and sell em at the shop?

18. SirBottlecap

SirBottlecap Jan 28, 2013 California

if it makes you feel any better, that post was from last year and his only post ever.

19. fromthewood

Beer Trader

Thanks man. I saw June and figured it was from last month.

20. SirBottlecap

SirBottlecap Jan 28, 2013 California

anyway, set me up with some of those traders, will ya?

21. fromthewood

Beer Trader

Lol, just completed my first 2 trades last month. You from the south bay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe