Santé Adairius Rustic Ales - 2021

Discussion in 'US - West' started by bret27, May 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bret27

bret27 Mar 10, 2009 California
    Society Trader

Figured I’d let someone else start this but no one did. First club bottle drop release yesterday.
    3 saisons. All good of course.

2. bret27

Society Trader

* Queen of the Season - Foudre aged saison.
    [​IMG]
    * Effects of Change - Gin ba saison w/tangerines.
    [​IMG]
    * Cicadia Sounds - ba saison w/guava & nectarines.
    [​IMG]

more news for SARA fans next week but I won’t spoil any surprises.
    Cheers.

3. afrokaze

afrokaze Jun 12, 2009 Oregon

500 mL bottles dropping soon?

KevSal likes this.
  4. atomicpunk5151

atomicpunk5151 Jul 25, 2010 California
    Trader

No Bottles to share, but picked up a few cans. Solid as always.

[​IMG]

KevSal, j47paco, bret27 and 1 other person like this.
  5. atomicpunk5151

Trader

6. John_M

John_M Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

Are these only available at the brewery in Capitola, or are they available at the Santa Cruz outpost as well?

bret27 likes this.
  7. bret27

Society Trader

The ones I posted are club-only bottles. The Santa Cruz portal is currently open but the brewery in capitola is still closed.

John_M likes this.
  8. bret27

Society Trader

That’s the rumor but no official details have been released.

KevSal likes this.
  9. walterfredo

walterfredo Nov 22, 2011 California
    Trader

Queens of the season isn’t club only, but I have no clue if they’re available to the public yet.

bret27 likes this.
  10. bret27

Society Trader

[​IMG]
    OG brewery location in Capitola reopens after 14 months tomorrow. Limited indoor/outdoor seating.
    No change to west side portal location. Remains to-go only.
    More details on Instagram if you’re interested.

AndresR, gregoryG, SDReaper and 3 others like this.
  11. bret27

Society Trader

Correct. It looks like that’s being released to the public right about.... now.

Dimidiata likes this.
  12. bret27

Society Trader

Additionally on the Capitola brewery reopening... I couldn’t find any hours posted online beyond what’s on their website from a long time ago.
    I dropped by after work Sunday night and the official hours are on the door.
    Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12-7pm.
    Hopefully will save someone a trip because these are different from anything I’ve found online.

thuey, Dimidiata and yokels like this.
  13. KevSal

KevSal Oct 17, 2010 California
    Trader

Yea I saw the IG still about that. Their anny is coming up next weekend yea? Hoping to making it down regardless

looks like queen is only available to go at capitola

afrokaze and bret27 like this.
  14. bret27

Society Trader

I had their ‘Reverent Intent’ on tap today. Pretty darn good. A triple barrel aged imperial stout. Draft only. If I remember correctly it was brewed for SF beer week last year. Cheers.
    [​IMG]

15. atomicpunk5151

Trader

Picked this up the other day. Minus One IPA with Citra and Simcoe. Pretty solid.

[​IMG]

16. bret27

Society Trader

I can’t remember if it was mentioned but growler fills are back at both locations. :beers:
    [​IMG]

17. bret27

Society Trader

Brewery news:
    SARA releases its highest rated beer Westly on Friday to the public. Sells out by 4th of July Sunday.
    New batch. Apricot bomb.
    [​IMG]
    Portal location still to-go only. Rumored to reopen to indoor dining later in the month.

18. bret27

Society Trader

Portal location in Santa Cruz reopens.
    Pizza Pals which previously did once weekly pop ups will now run the kitchen, however it looks like it won’t be just pizza.
    Currently opened Fri, Sat, Sun but they state plans to open 7 days a week soon.

SARA also released an English BBA BW on draft that is really good. No funkiness. Hopefully they bottle this, would age well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

afrokaze, Pstone530, _pat_ and 4 others like this.
  19. atomicpunk5151

Trader

Amarillicoe Pale Ale. Amarillo and Simcoe hops. Light, but flavorful. 5.6%, pretty nice with the heat and smoke coming back to Norcal.

[​IMG]

gregoryG likes this.
  20. Pstone530

Pstone530 Mar 15, 2018 California
    Trader

Hello all, I'm going to be in Aptos/Santa Cruz next Tuesday-Thursday. Plan to hit the OG and the Portal location, as well as Aptos bbq and the Lupulo taproom. Are there any other local recommendations any one would be willing to share? I'm also planning on bringing a couple bottles from Side Project and Hill Farmstead, it would be fun to get a small share going somewhere that allows it.

:beers::beers::beers:

bret27 and unlikelyspiderperson like this.
  21. Ma9573

Ma9573 Feb 21, 2017 California
    Trader

If you like IPAs and lagers I'd hit up Humble Sea for sure. They also do solid stouts, but but sure if they have any on tap. It's very close to the Santa Cruz SARA location.

Pstone530 likes this.
  22. bouncepass

bouncepass Oct 3, 2006 California
    Trader

What kind of recommendations are you looking for?

23. Pstone530

Trader

Local hole in the wall spots to eat that may have a good tap list, maybe even allows outside bottles?

bret27 likes this.
  24. bouncepass

bouncepass Oct 3, 2006 California
    Trader

Places with food and a good tap list isn't super long. Aptos St BBQ and other sibling restaurants do for sure. Lupulo you've already mentioned. Burger has a couple of locations. I'm sure I'm missing one or two, but those are certainly the main contenders. I'd say that the food at these places generally hovers around decent (Lupulo is better than the others IMO), but the beer lists are all very good to excellent.

Sante in Capitola allows outside food, so bringing a pizza or burritos there is a good option.

I'm not sure I can think of anyplace that allows outside bottles. I imagine they exist, but it's not something that I've tried to do. Perhaps any place that has a wine corkage fee will let you do beer? Sorry I can't be more helpful on this one.

Ma9573 and Pstone530 like this.
  25. Pstone530

Trader

No worries appreciate the insight!

26. annakarina

annakarina Jul 29, 2016 California

I ate at Dairy Queen before visiting Sante when I was there. Real mom and pop joint.

DefenCorps likes this.
  27. AWA

AWA Jul 22, 2014 California
    Society

Wait, what? Aren't all Dairy Queens mom and pop joints?

28. bret27

Society Trader

They released A Thousand Summers b3 to the public today. Previously a club-only bottle. Pretty darn good.
    [​IMG]
    (drink in glass is capitola bright)

29. bret27

Society Trader

[​IMG]
    so this happened...

30. atomicpunk5151

Trader

Backstory? Nice after pic.

31. bret27

Society Trader

A yearly bottleshare called SARAthon that’s essentially almost all SARA bottles.
    Was held in Santa Cruz this year. Prior years had been golden gate park. Last year was cancelled due to Covid.

32. cal_golden_beer

cal_golden_beer Feb 27, 2014 California
    Trader

Do either of the SARA locations still have bottles to-go on a regular basis? When the taprooms were closed, the Santa Cruz location had a large selection of to-go bottles (i.e. not growler fills).

33. atomicpunk5151

Trader

Oh yeah, I think I remember the pics from years before on DDT or TB.

34. bret27

Society Trader

Everyday. There’s a bottle and can to-go list. They don’t update it online though

35. Socalfan21

Socalfan21 Aug 1, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

I'm sorry in advance if this is a newb question but Ill be in Santa Cruz for a day the week of NYD. Is one SARA location any better to visit than the other? Do both offer the same to go bottles? I will only have an hour or 2 to hang out there. Thanks!

36. John_M

John_M Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

If time is limited, I would recommend sticking around town and going to the Portal. Aptos isn't all that far south from Santa Cruz, but depending on traffic it can still be a good 15 to 20 drive each way to get down there.

Just my two cents, but I find that there's plenty of great stuff on tap and in bottles to keep one interested if you visit the Portal.

37. redeemer

redeemer Apr 3, 2017 California

From The Trappist's Instagram page:

"☞☞ BIG NEWS!!! ☜☜
    Our very dear, and long time friends at @rusticales are going to be transforming The Trappist into a place of their own @rusticales_oaklandarbor

As this change is happening quickly, we are going to have a last minute get together and serve you some SARA beer on this Thursday 12/30/2021.

Both Adair and Tim will be behind the bar to join us in pouring you a beer and to talk about the forthcoming changes, and possibly whatever else is on your mind.

Take a break from the holiday hustle and bustle, get a seat at the bar and see what's in store.

SARA Draft List:
    Tomorrow, Today (IPA with Citra, Simcoe, and Mosaic/7.4%)
    Grass City (IPA with Citra and Nelson Sauvin/6.9%)
    Chavez (Robust Porter/6.8%)
    Saison Bernice (Saison of Mixed-Fermentation/6.5%)
    Cellarman (Oak-fermented Saison/6.5%)
    Recency Effect (Saison aged in Venus Spirits' Gin Barrels/7.0%)
    The Gift of Comfort (Barrel-aged Blonde ale with Rosehips and Meyer Lemon/5.0%)
    Kyr Royale (Foudre-aged Saison with Black Currants/7.6%)

~

THE LOOK AHEAD

As many of you know, The Trappist opened in 2007 and has made an indelible contribution to the beer community. We have always put the beer first.
    In care, knowledge, presentation and representation.
    We love formality and meticulous attention to the details.
    We are more than honored and absolutely thrilled that Sante Adairius Rustic Ales will be carrying forward all that we value in beer and beer service.
    We can't imagine a better second life.

While this may be the end of this chapter, we do have plans in works for a new chapter.
    So...Stay Tuned!

OUR REMAINING DAYS
    Please come in and celebrate with us through the end of the year
    and enjoy some beautiful beer, poured with love and care.

extended hours:
    (Proof of vaccination will be required)☜☜☜☜☜
    12/28 open 4pm - 11pm
    12/29 open 2pm - 11pm
    12/30 open 12pm - 11pm
    (SARA meet and greet with Adair and Tim)
    12/31 open 12pm - 12am+
    (NYE celebration, Fou Foune anyone?)

Happy 2022 to you!

1/1/2022 closed...
    and you'll see SARA re-opening soon!"

Ma9573, _pat_, Dimidiata and 3 others like this.
  38. Ma9573

Ma9573 Feb 21, 2017 California
    Trader

So by next summer you'll be able to take a 9 minute walk from Sante to Cellarmaker in downtown Oakland... Sounds good to me!

_pat_ and gregoryG like this.
  39. JBogan

JBogan Jul 15, 2007 California
    Trader

Drove through the Oakland area earlier this year. Parked my car on a surface street and walked about 5 minutes to a grocery store and then 5 minutes back. They were just about the longest 10 minutes of my life. Couldn't wait to get back to my car, lock the doors and get on the road out of there. How's the area you're referring to? Safer I hope.

40. atomicpunk5151

Trader

YMMV: https://crimegrade.org/safest-places-in-oakland-ca/

460 8th Street, Oakland. It is right downtown. They do have a parking pretty close.

You are are only a block from the Police Department on Broadway.... :slight_smile:

#40 atomicpunk5151, Dec 31, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    unlikelyspiderperson and JBogan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.