Savoring Acidity: The Quest to Explain Sourness in Beer

Discussion in 'Article Comments' started by BeerAdvocate, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerAdvocate

BeerAdvocate Admin (16,949) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts
    Staff Society

As sour beers proliferate in the market, the search for a quantitative yardstick to determine acidity has intensified. Could Titratable Acidity, or TA, a measurement borrowed from the wine industry, be the answer?

Read the full article: Savoring Acidity: The Quest to Explain Sourness in Beer

#1 BeerAdvocate, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017
  2. Sammy

Sammy Poo-Bah (14,848) Dec 1, 2003 Canada (ON)
    Society Trader

Great article, now that I get a breather to catch up. I suggest we have a share button for facebook discussion, as I am "friends" with many brewers amateur and pro. I also suggest, concomitant with the increase in wild/sours to also open up sub catagories.

Keene likes this.
  3. EvenMoreJesus

EvenMoreJesus Initiate (0) Jun 8, 2017 Pennsylvania

I know this article was from a while back, but I remember reading it and thinking, "This is one of the best articles that I've read in a while." It certainly deserves another bump. :slight_smile:

4. Keene

Keene Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2009 Washington

Thanks for the bump. We like to hear from our readers and subscribers.

5. EvenMoreJesus

EvenMoreJesus Initiate (0) Jun 8, 2017 Pennsylvania

The more good quality information that people have regarding sour and brettanomyces-included fermentations, the better for beer lovers as a whole. Still a lot of misinformation out there, but if you guys keep putting out articles like this, it's only a matter of time.

Keene likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.