SC BCBS Release?

Discussion in 'US - South' started by slade, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slade

slade Sep 19, 2006 North Carolina

Unfortunately i'll be heading to SC on Thursday and missing the NC BCBS release on Friday. Has anyone heard what SC will be getting? Just regular or any variants? I know NC will be getting Rare, Reg Rye and Regular this year and no coffee or BW.

2. CavemanRamblin

CavemanRamblin Jun 19, 2014 North Carolina
    Deactivated

People keep saying that NC is not getting coffee, but at least two places have already said they're getting bottles of it. Granted one is the Oak which is doing the early kickoff party on Wednesday so that might be an outlier, but Bottle Rev RDU said they were as well. I'm sure it will be sparse and hard to get, but I don't think the entire state is getting shut out on it.

3. AintNoTele

AintNoTele Jun 4, 2014 South Carolina

Charleston got hooked up for migration week, hopefully the same will happen on Black Friday. I haven't called around yet but I'm sure the info is out there.

4. stephenjmoore

stephenjmoore Feb 17, 2011 Maryland
    Society

Anyone know if Myrtle Beach gets any BCBS?

5. TonyLema1

TonyLema1 Nov 19, 2008 South Carolina
    Society

I was told Greenville would have it on Black Friday, but the allocation would be less than last year...in 2014 we got some BCBS, and less of coffee/barleywine

6. emr25

emr25 Mar 19, 2011 Georgia

Anyone know if Kroger, Whole Foods, or anywhere else in the Hilton Head area gets any BCBS allocation?

I am in Savannah and it sounds like GA isn't getting any standard BCBS this year due to the ABV above GA law limits. Even if the state of GA gets some Coffee and/or Barleywine, I highly doubt it makes it down to Savannah considering the majority of the state's distribution stays in Atlanta or if it makes it out of Atlanta, doesn't make it past Macon.

Thanks in advance if you have any knowledge of the Hilton Head area!

7. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Society Trader

The Pig at Market Common will have it Friday 8am limit 2 bottles.

Invinciblejets and stephenjmoore like this.
  8. goingbrokeonbeer

Society Trader

They upped it to 3 bottles now, only have BCBS

9. YonelleBarksdale

YonelleBarksdale Jan 23, 2012 South Carolina

Did anywhere in SC get the Regal Rye, Coffee or Barleywine?

In Greenville all we got is Regular and Rare...not complaining, I'm just curious.

10. LancetherealLeader

LancetherealLeader Jul 12, 2013 South Carolina

From what I heard, no one in SC got Coffee. Barleywine was hit and miss around Charleston. My wife and I each got a Regal at TW (no Barleywine). Charleston Beer Exchange only had 1 case of Regal and maybe a case of Barleywine. Those were out when I got to the counter. They did have at least 2 cases of Rare, so I did get one from there.

11. YonelleBarksdale

YonelleBarksdale Jan 23, 2012 South Carolina

Dang. Good for you man. Did not hear of any Regal Rye around the Upstate so was curious if Columbia/Charleston got it.

12. zac16125

zac16125 Jan 26, 2010 South Carolina
    Society Trader

I was out of town, but am curious if any charleston places still have any Bourbon County on the shelves. Will be back in town today.

13. rongcsc

rongcsc Sep 15, 2012 South Carolina
    Trader

I heard some of the Harris Teeters got a few cases.

14. Dragginballs76

Dragginballs76 Nov 13, 2015 South Carolina
    Society Trader

I was in Greensboro NC for Thanksgiving and got 2 bottles of regular for $8.99 ea. came back to SC yesterday and got 2 more in Florence for $11 ea. they still had almost 2 cases left.

VABA and Craigory like this.
  15. LancetherealLeader

That's true. I went to the East Bay HT after hitting CBX yesterday and they had a few cases left (actually put them out on Wednesday). I picked up 2 bottles at $11.99 each (no limit). This morning, I saw 2 1/2 cases at the new HT on James Island (Folly & Maybank), but no price (I didn't ask). Later, I saw 4 cases on the floor at the Harborview HT, but they wanted $14.99 each! :grimacing:

16. whitekiboko

whitekiboko Sep 22, 2006 South Carolina

The folly rd store (by the connector) might get some this week.

17. rgctlc

rgctlc Jun 19, 2006 South Carolina

Anyone think there's any left in the Columbia area?

18. SiVisPacem

SiVisPacem Oct 7, 2015 South Carolina

Price is $14.99 at all HT's from what I've found. The new one at Folly and Maybank had a case and a half sitting on the floor this morning at like 7:00 am. From what I'm hearing everywhere else in town is sold out.

19. goingbrokeonbeer

Society Trader

Anybody in the Myrtle area interested, there were 4 BCBS left at Lowes Foods on International Blvd an hour ago for $12.99.

20. LancetherealLeader

I was just at TW in Charleston and they had ~20 cases sitting on the floor. $9.99 per bottle with a limit of 2. CBX still had a few bottles and the 4 cases at Harris Teeter (Harborview Rd.) remain untouched at $14.99 per bottle.

21. Craigory

Craigory Nov 10, 2012 South Carolina

Not just out and about. Stuff will trickle out on draft/growlers over the next few months.

22. Craigory

Craigory Nov 10, 2012 South Carolina

Places like The British Bulldog Pub or World of Beer might still have some bottles for on-site consumption, at the usual mark-ups.

23. wemissmikey

wemissmikey May 19, 2011 South Carolina

Still 2+ cases of BCBS at the Teeter on Coleman in Mt. P. 14.99 each. Got a couple there for 11.99 on Friday with the VIC card. Looks like they raised their prices since Friday morning.

24. Invinciblejets

Invinciblejets Sep 29, 2014 South Carolina

A good bit still left at the lowes foods in Pawleys island 12.99 each.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.