Schaumburg to Chicago

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by bdom25, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdom25

bdom25 Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2017 Wisconsin

Hey all,

Looking to take my brother out to Schaumburg in the next couple of months before kid number two arrives, looking for a little help. Ideal plan: Head down there, take the train into the city to visit breweries like Goose Island, Revolution, etc. Then head back to stop at Noon Whistle, Mikerphone and Moore.

Any suggestions on where to stay in that area? Somewhere close enough to take the train to the city? Not very familiar with either areas.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. csmakio

csmakio Initiate (150) Nov 26, 2016 Illinois

you are looking at two completely different train lines if you are going to be staying in Schaumburg and wana visit Noon Whistle\MORE.

maybe just stay in the western burbs like Wheaton or Lombard? Easy train access to the city and you can hitup Beer Cellar, MORE, Noon Whistle, Penrose ect. All are relatively close to the UP-W line.

kreg02 likes this.
  3. bdom25

bdom25 Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2017 Wisconsin

Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it!

4. Redrover

Redrover Poo-Bah (3,690) Jan 18, 2003 Wisconsin
    Society

If you stay along the UP West line you can also hit up the Elmhurst Brewery and the Lunar in Villa Park.

5. mychalg9

mychalg9 Champion (848) Apr 8, 2010 Illinois

Maybe stay in Rosemont where you'd have access to the Blue Line into Chicago and expressway access to the suburban breweries. Mikerphone is 10 min from there out I-90, and More and Noon Whistle can be accessed easily down I-294.

The problem with Schaumburg is that A) No hotels near the train station and B) once you (Metra) train to the city you'll likely have to hop on the EL anyways, which takes a while. Rosemont has EL access immediately, although it is still a bit of a ride before you get close to any breweries. Revolution on Milwaukee is really close to a blue line stop. From there you could Uber.

Also Rosemont is pretty convenient if you're coming down from WI

Redrover and Jaycase like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.