Seahawks game

Discussion in 'US - West' started by drinkin-beeers, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drinkin-beeers

drinkin-beeers Disciple (368) Jan 29, 2014 Montana

What are my options at the stadium?

2. jarbroen

jarbroen Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2014 Washington

$8 bud... or maybe $10 redhook

If you want to pre funk there are a ton of good options nearby.

3. Hawkfish

Hawkfish Disciple (313) Jul 22, 2007 Washington
    Trader

Go to the Craft House on the first level. Had a few Bale Breakers last home game.

drinkin-beeers likes this.
  4. crusian

crusian Crusader (787) May 14, 2010 Oregon

Stay home lol

5. HoppySeb

HoppySeb Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2014 Washington

Quite a few. Most BMC including Blue Moon and Shock Top. You can find Mannys and Mac & Jacks. There's stands with Ninkasi and Diamond Knot IPAs. As far as I remember there's even a place with cask beer.
    Enjoy the game & go Hawks!

SitkaSteve and drinkin-beeers like this.
  6. fsck

fsck Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2013 Washington

Hit the Bale Breaker and be happy. Should be around even outside the craft house.

drinkin-beeers likes this.
  7. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Devotee (441) Mar 9, 2008 Washington

There's Fremont Universale around too.

8. glkaiser

glkaiser Initiate (0) May 19, 2006 Washington

The craft stand on the main level is definitely your best bet. Bale Breaker, Schooner Exact and Silver City.

If your seats are upper level, get a couple beer downstairs and bring them up. There isn't much upstairs this year. Redhook IPA cans are the only thing we found.

adkieffer and drinkin-beeers like this.
  9. adkieffer

adkieffer Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2010 Washington

Second this. Upstairs blows this year. See ya there SEA-HAWKS!

10. BuckeyeOne

Then what are you supposed to do when those two beers are gone?!? Not drink any more beer or miss part of the game to walk back downstairs?!? Last season I was able to find Fremont and Schooner Exact on the 300 level. Are you really telling me they're gone from the 300 level this season?

11. draheim

draheim Poo-Bah (3,021) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Society

Of course you could also do what I'm doing. Watch the game from the comfort of your sofa while enjoying a KDS.
    GO HAWKS!

[​IMG]

12. glkaiser

glkaiser Initiate (0) May 19, 2006 Washington

We are in section 312 and the only thing I've found on that side this year on tap even worth thinking about is Goose Island IPA. Lots of Bud and Shocktop this year....it's bullshit. If someone finds other worthy taps upstairs, I'd be happy to hear about it. Not sure what changed vs. last year, but I'd like to find the guy who made the decision and kick his ass.

BuckeyeOne likes this.
  13. BuckeyeOne

That settles it. I'm only sitting in the 100 level sections from now on.

14. IpaBeerDrinkers

IpaBeerDrinkers Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2014 California

Off topic.....49er fan. I despise you guys, but you guys are absolutely winning another Superbowl.. Great win today. Peyton came knocking....and the 12th wasn't having it

15. Texwild

Texwild Initiate (74) May 1, 2008 Washington

Well, this year, the AB-InBEV beast kicked craft beer to the curb at the stadium. Fremont lost 2/3 of our taps, not based on sale but based on the power of the beast. The Goose Island sale allowed AB to kick craft out and replace it with Goose. Gtown, Fremont, Elysian, Schooner, Balebreaker, etc....we all got kicked and WE, the fans, lost out.

However, Safeco is holding strong and still offers amazing local craft choices :slight_smile:

16. draheim

Society

Well in that case, I'll keep letting people with a lot more money and worse taste in beer than I have go to CenturyLink, while I stay home and support the team and the local breweries. Not sure if this decision was made by the stadium, or the NFL, or the Seahawks—but it's dumb.

SitkaSteve and 66jzmstr like this.
  17. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (4,237) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Society Trader

At this point, I'm wondering what manner of unsavory things I need to do to get a bottle of that in Spokane...

18. tozerm

tozerm Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2005 Washington

Actually I'm pretty sure it was Centerplate, or whoever is the food/beverage contractor for the Stadium. Stadium rights are typically bought the same way Jones Soda was the official soda for the Hawks years ago.

BBThunderbolt likes this.
  19. distantmantra

distantmantra Meyvn (1,193) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Trader

I haven't been to a Hawks game this year, but it's been really hard to find craft options at Sounders games. Ninkasi and Goodlife was all I could find last time I was there.

And Safeco is knocking it out of the park. Even though I can get a 6-pack for the price of a Summer Ale or Field 41, it's nice having them there. Plus the casks near homeplate.

20. dirtylou

dirtylou Poo-Bah (3,761) May 12, 2005 New York
    Society Trader

Had fremont ipa and field 41 at the last sounders home game...

21. distantmantra

Trader

Part of the problem could also be the structure of the stadium. Its much easier to walk around Safeco than Century Link.

22. BuckeyeOne

Or it could be as simple as the average MLB fan being more discerning than the average NFL fan...plus, although still expensive, an MLB game ticket, etc. is still cheaper than an NFL game ticket, etc. and the baseball fan has a few extra dollars to spend on a craft beer.

23. distantmantra

Trader

I agree on all those points, I was just speaking logistically, since it's much harder to move about CenturyLink and find the beer, ie. the Bale Breaker and Fremont you mentioned.

24. draheim

Society

Honestly, I think the reason there's such a poor choice at CenturyLink is pretty simple: They don't have to.

As long as they Seahawks keep thrilling fans and every game is sold out, there's little incentive for them to do anything but the bare minimum. And I bet there are still plenty of fine beer choices available in those luxury corporate suites.

Curiously, this article (dated 5 days ago) still puts Seattle in the #1 spot for beer @ NFL stadiums. I wonder if they're using old data:

Seattle’s Safeco Field took the cake for best baseball stadiums for craft beer, and now the city's CenturyLink Field takes the top spot for football, too. Hey, we didn’t mean to stack the odds for Seattle, but we can’t deny that the CenturyLink Field has more than 30 different beers for sale throughout the stadium. There’s the new Brougham Beer Hall, as well as the craft house, that offer enough selection to satisfy even the snobbiest craft beer and Seahawks fan. And by selling brews from even the smaller breweries of the Northwest, like famed Elysian Brewing and Two Beers Brewing, CenturyLink is dedicated to its hometown brews (and wines; the selection of Washington wines at the beer hall isn't too shabby, either). Note to self: become a fan of Seattle sports, if only to enjoy a good drink at the games.​

SitkaSteve likes this.
  25. dirtylou

dirtylou Poo-Bah (3,761) May 12, 2005 New York
    Society Trader

Everything they reference certainly exists - the Brougham Beer Hall is crap, but the Craft House is nice - just have to hit it at the right time, because the lines are crazy. Of course, this is all on the 100 level. The 200 level has always been horrible (ie: the club level) and it sounds like the 300 level has diminished, but that I can't comment on

26. distantmantra

Trader

300 level sucks. You're lucky to find Widmer Hef or a random Red Hook.

27. drinkin-beeers

drinkin-beeers Disciple (368) Jan 29, 2014 Montana

Doesn't look good for me then. We will be in section 314 when the hawks play the raiders. I guess I will take what I can get. Thanks for all the help. It will be my first time seeing a game.

28. SFC21

SFC21 Crusader (780) Jan 31, 2010 Florida

Any recommendations for pre-game spots to hit? Will be heading out to Seattle the weekend of Nov 8/9 for the UCLA/UW game on Saturday, followed by Giants/Seahawks on Sunday. Any advice for UW tailgating welcomed as well. Many thanks

29. fsck

fsck Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2013 Washington

Collin's Pub and Elysian are right by the Seahawk's stadium.

30. BuckeyeOne

Agree with @fsck that Collin's Pub and Elysian Fields are your best bets for Seahawks games. Get there early as they fill up fast --- both serve food (and it's better than pub grub) so you can get brunch if need be.

The best bets for pre-game at Husky Stadium are Big Time Brewery and Eureka! Seattle. Big Time makes good beer but don't often have guest taps (if I recall correctly). Both have good food as well.

Toronado Seattle is relatively close to Husky Stadium, but not really walking distance. It's a good bet if you can handle taking the bus or cabbing it.

31. SFC21

Appreciate the info! Really looking forward to my first Seattle visit. I think we will also try to hit Reuben's and Fremont on Friday night.

fsck likes this.
  32. BuckeyeOne

If you're going to Reuben's and Fremont, be sure to hit Stoup and Brouwers. You won't regret it.

33. distantmantra

Trader

It's about 1.5 miles from Toronado to Husky Stadium. Downhill via Ravenna so it's not impossible/terrible.

34. SFC21

Awesome, thanks. We will do that.

35. BuckeyeOne

Sorry, but a mile and a half walk after drinking beer (potentially in the rain - come on, it's highly likely) sounds terrible to me.

36. distantmantra

Trader

Doesn't bother me, but everyone is different.

37. dayglo

dayglo Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2009 Washington

The 48 bus will pick you up right outside of Toronado and drop you off a block from the Stadium.

BuckeyeOne likes this.
  38. BuckeyeOne

You sure that's not one of the cancelled routes?

39. draheim

Society

40. SeaAle

SeaAle Disciple (333) Jun 24, 2012 Oregon

It's downhill both ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.