Secret Gems in SHELBURNE/BURLINGTON Vt

Discussion in 'New England' started by Beertsipper, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beertsipper

Beertsipper Pooh-Bah (1,615) Nov 18, 2008 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

Are there any little known beer bars in the SHELBURNE/BURLINGTON Vt area that are off the popular radar, yet have stellar beers and service? I've been to al the popular places. Looking for something different. Traveling up there next month. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2. NYR-Zuuuuc

NYR-Zuuuuc Maven (1,307) Jan 1, 2013 Connecticut

Sadly as soon as somebody mentions them here they will no longer be "off the radar". Best to do some exploring on you own. Happy hunting. Cheers!

3. Seacoastbrewer

Seacoastbrewer Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2012 New Hampshire

If bars have stellar service and beers, chances are very good people know about them.

4. jpm05401

jpm05401 Aspirant (255) May 1, 2013 Vermont
    Trader

Finnegans and Manhattan Pizza in Burlington are both pretty solid, they're downtown so they aren't exactly off the radar, but aren't nearly as bad as somewhere like Farmhouse.

5. BumpkinBrewer

BumpkinBrewer Pundit (993) Jan 6, 2010 Massachusetts

Seany likes this.
  6. yarnbomb

yarnbomb Initiate (0) Oct 1, 2014 Vermont

In nearby Williston, there is McGillicuddy's (huge beer list, good service, hit or miss food). Other than that, it's mostly a gamble. There are a surprising amount of mediocre college or dive bars that have one or two great taps or Heady cans but the fun is really in exploring, isn't it? But you really might as well just hit up the Pint Street brewery crawl.

7. Beertsipper

Beertsipper Pooh-Bah (1,615) Nov 18, 2008 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

Thanks for all the suggestions. Foam Brewers sounds interesting...

8. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Savant (1,157) Nov 2, 2007 Vermont

I was amazed at the tap selection at VT Tap House in Williston. Lured in by a sour tap takeover, to find way more than that. Was a former chain resto, located across from Chili's and next to a Hannaford - never would've bothered, but now I know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.