1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Secret Santa: Hints & Hauls plus Dear Santa letters

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Cuzco, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,066) Nov 12, 2010 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I use to be an avid concert bootlegger, so I have been able to imagine myself at quite a few shows. Don't think I have seen the Watch it Go, gonna have to check it out. I remember watching some video where they smashed a dudes car, I think?

http://www.brewmetal.com/bootlegs/otos.php

P.S. Some of the bootlegs were trade bait... lol

2. TWStandley

TWStandley Pooh-Bah (2,092) Jan 15, 2008 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Finished my box...shipping tomorrow. Should likely get to my target by Wednesday...

Oh, my targets state boarders America's hat.

3. TWStandley

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Two stories for your entertainment this morning.

Last night I had a very strange (and scary) dream. It went like this: I returned home from work and saw news trucks and police tape and all of this stuff outside of my place. There were men dressed in those white Hazmat suits going in and out of my house. They were extracting beer....

Second story - on my way to work today, I pulled up to the toll booth and the guy inside was actually Santa. He said "leave some f****** hints today."

That is all. Cheers gentlemen.

Disclaimer - I am operating off of about 3 hours of sleep so if none of this makes sense....well...you get it.

4. runner440

runner440 Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Maryland

Remember that box that was supposed to be delivered today ... It is in my target's state, but NOW fedex says it won't be delivered till tomorrow :slight_frown:. I guess my target can wait one more day. Geeze

Ninja Hint: My target lives in a city whose name can be linked to Roswell, New Mexico.

5. Blargimus

Blargimus Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2012 Colorado

I think two of your hints (Colorado, beer-related avatar) make a good case for me, unless other Coloradans besides fortsambo and buffs9 have been lurking. And yes, I can wait. :slight_smile:

My target has replied to this thread at least once, but fewer than five times.

6. runner440

runner440 Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Maryland

Crazy lurkers ... they need to post more hints! Santa said so himself. I added a ninja hint to my post above too

7. Jefe73

Jefe73 Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2008 Florida

I posted the haul Tuesday night. I'll try to get a picture up this evening....things have been pretty busy at work and personally. Cheers!

8. FTowne

FTowne Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2012 Missouri

3 boxes heading out today towards the east coast. Will land on Wednesday.

9. oteixeira

oteixeira Initiate (0) Aug 20, 2012 North Carolina

If it wasn't for a couple of your very early hints I would think it could be me...

10. buffs9

buffs9 Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2008 Colorado

I don't think your target will mind if you ship a bit late, if it makes the box better. Not sure how Cuzco would feel.

11. oteixeira

I cleared it with the man in charge before I made the decision, but it's good to know my target is patient as well.:wink:

12. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2012 Colorado

I did some shopping yesterday for my target. I may have gone a bit overboard, but my favorite brewery here had some sweet swag that I couldn't pass up. 5 pieces of swag, plus some local treats will be in the box. Still putting together a few more bottles.

I am shipping to my targets work address, which freed up about $10 to put towards another bottle(s).

13. FTowne

This grabbed my attention.

14. FTowne

Sorry. It's headed north of you.

15. oteixeira

But, But....I already prepared my angus!

[​IMG]

16. LilBilly666

LilBilly666 Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2012 Georgia

DAmn! I was hoping I was your target.

17. Beerandboards

Beerandboards Initiate (0) Nov 6, 2012 New Mexico

Alright boys and girls, two boxes weighing in at a combined 54lbs just left with Santa from the UPS store. They will be arriving at my target's porch a week from today.

Here's a hint that will help with a prior hint... My target's shipping town is different than their listed location in their BA profile. The earlier hint refers to the BA profile location.

Remember, lift with your legs, not your back!

18. TWStandley

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hmm...really suspecting you are my Santa.

19. TWStandley

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Screw it...I am proclaiming you as my Santa.

North of Mason Dixon - Check.

East of MI River - Check

Football Coach drives you crazy - Bill Belichik

Former Iowa QB and Brand of Wild Horse - Brad Banks Brand of Wild Horse - Ford Bronco.....Bradford...which is different than my shipping address - Haverhill.

I win. (I think.)

20. cbeer88

cbeer88 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

Hmm - I suck with hints but this hint has a lot of potential, particularly along with your other hints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.