Shelf bolt cutter in charleston

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by mikeincharleston, Jan 22, 2013.

1. mikeincharleston

mikeincharleston May 1, 2009 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Went to Senor Tequila cause its the place I go for cheap Mexican in Mt. P. anyway I popped into bottles to get the wife some wine and I had to check out the beers, actually seeing if they had a "more consistenter" since I didn't get one at cbx. Anyway they had about 10-12 bolt cutters on the shelf. 19.99

2. chefkevlar

chefkevlar Apr 17, 2010 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

WTF? Senor Tequila has Bolt Cutter? My mind is blown. Granted I always went to the one in West Ashley so maybe the Mt. P location is an under-the-radar craft spot?

3. mikeincharleston

Beer Trader

My bad kev. There is a shop called bottles which is a "mini total wine" next door to señor tequila. Unless you were being sarcastic then touché

chefkevlar likes this.
  4. chefkevlar

Beer Trader

Either that or I have had too many beers and my reading comprehension is terrible.....which is apparently the case as I skipped over the part where you said you went to bottles

5. rbradley

rbradley May 11, 2011 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

And on the shelves is where it should stay as well...

Shilt and egrace84 like this.
  6. mikeincharleston

Beer Trader

It's not that bad. I didn't buy any but that was just the 20 price and the fact I've had one

7. chefkevlar

Beer Trader

Dunno about all that but now I'm really hungry for some Senor Tequila. Thanks a lot Mike.

8. rbradley

Beer Trader

I know...it's just not that good either. Too much other good stuff on the shelves for much less than $20/bottle (i.e. Cap'n Skoon's).

9. rbradley

Beer Trader

Sounds like I need to check this Senor Tequila out...still haven't found a great (consistent) Mexican restaurant since moving down here last year.

10. chefkevlar

Beer Trader

I'll be honest: it's not 4 star cuisine. However I went to college in Charleston and so on nights like this where I've had a few beers and want some cheap and tasty Mexican it fits the bill. Beats the hell out of Taco Bell that's for sure.

rbradley likes this.
  11. rbradley

Beer Trader

LOL...completely understand where you're coming from on that one...especially on the drinking and Mexican food cravings! Definitely not looking for a 'nice' Mexican restaurant...just one where I know what quality of food I'm getting every time I visit (whether it be amazing or just solid fajitas...consistently).

12. scifan

scifan Aug 31, 2007 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Saw about 20 or so bottles of Bolt Cutter on the shelf at the Piggy Wiggy in Myrtle Beach this weekend. I think they we're 19.99. Hell they still had Frangelic on the shelf too. Didn't buy either one though got some Backwoods Bastard instead.

13. raverjames

raverjames Dec 11, 2003 Virginia
    Beer Trader

I usually hit Santis in Mt P, which is conveniently close to House of Brews. Haven't tried the Bolt Cutter yet, but rumor has it the price is excessive given the liquid inside. I will still try it and see for myself.

14. FutureCowboy

FutureCowboy Feb 20, 2008 South Carolina

rbradley and raverjames like this.
  15. mikeincharleston

Beer Trader

Still need to hit la nortena. We talking mt p.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe