Asia Shipping beer to south Korea

Discussion in 'The Rest of the World' started by tronester, May 2, 2012.

1. tronester

tronester Nov 25, 2006 Oklahoma

I have a friend who is in south Korea for a few months. I want to mail him some of our homebrew to drink. What is the best method for shipping it there?

2. mulder1010

mulder1010 Aug 29, 2008 Australia

Best method is USPS. Fed Ex or UPS are too expensive to send. large flat rate box from USPS should be about $60.

3. tronester

tronester Nov 25, 2006 Oklahoma

Are you serious???

60 dollars is waay more money than I was wanting to spend.

4. mulder1010

mulder1010 Aug 29, 2008 Australia

5. DrewLikesBeer

DrewLikesBeer Jul 16, 2013 Florida

it's a great big world out there...

6. dcgunman

dcgunman Jul 1, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

I just shipped Heady, Pliny and Grapefruit Sculpin to S Korea via Fed Ex. It cost me $41 with my discount. Not bad I guess. But will it make it through customs in Korea? Happens if it doesn't?

7. dcgunman

dcgunman Jul 1, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

Update: For those interested….my package made it to S Korea today. For the 3 beers it's going to cost the recipient $70US to clear Korea customs tax. So the total price is over $100us just to ship a couple of cans/bottles to korea. I hope its worth it for Heady, pliny and G Sculpin.

8. Hoppsbabo

Hoppsbabo Jan 29, 2012 United Kingdom (England)

The recipient had to pay tax?!!! I never had to pay anything on the three bottles I received from the US. Maybe the sender didn't declare.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe