Release Shmaltz to release "Hanukkah, Chanukah: Pass The Beer"

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Todd, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (5,605) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff

A NEW CHANUKAH MIRACLE HAPPENED HERE: AFTER ONLY 18 YEARS, SHMALTZ DEBUTS OFFICIAL HANUKKAH BEER!

Hanukkah, Chanukah: Pass The Beer® A Dark Ale Brewed With 8 Malts, 8 Hops, 8% ABV

Now brewing exclusively in Clifton Park, NY -- September 24, 2014 -- No matter how you spell the festival of lights, Shmaltz Brewing is proud to debut its first-ever limited-edition release specifically celebrating all the miracles of the 8 crazy nights: Hanukkah, Chanukah: Pass The Beer®. 8 is a miraculous number in Jewish life. Its cultural/religious significance runs the gambit with several holidays spanning 8 days (Chanukah, Passover, Sukkot), a bris (circumcision) taking place on the newborn's 8th day, and Seinfeldrunning for 8 years (for more deep shtick, see the 4-pack label listed below). The official Chosen Beer of this holiday season, Hanukkah, Chanukah: Pass The Beer® is a Dark Ale brewed with 8 malts, 8 hops, and heats up at 8% ABV. As latkes are frying and the battle royale of dreidels are spinning, Shmaltz offers some much needed light to the impending winter darkness with its latest fermented creation straight from the tanks at their new Upstate New York brewery.

"Isn't it fitting, that on our 18th anniversary, Shmaltz Brewing would finally come out with our very first Chanukah beer?" says Jeremy Cowan, founder of Shmaltz Brewing Company. "Back in 1996, Chanukah inspired the first batch of He'brew's Genesis Ale, hand bottled and personally delivered by friends and family to just a few stores from the back of my grandmother's Volvo. 18 crazy years, 37 states and 5,000 retailers later, we have our very own brewery and the freedom to brew any style of beer when we want, how we want. So this time around we are thrilled to introduce our interpretation of a winter warmer, a true He'brew Celebration Beer and a new holiday tradition to pair with delicious foods and gelt for my favorite drinking season of the year."

Hanukkah, Chanukah: Pass The Beer® will be nationally available in 12 oz bottles in 4-packs starting on November 1, 2014, as well as in this year's He'brew Gift Pack® hitting stores before Thanksgiving.

http://www.shmaltzbrewing.com

###

SteveB24 likes this.
  2. TboneRN

TboneRN Defender (624) Mar 30, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

What is the difference between this dark ale and jewbelation 8? didn't that use 8 malts, 8 hops, 8% ABV?

3. Sammy

Sammy Poo-Bah (12,788) Dec 1, 2003 Ontario (Canada)

different recipe?

4. tdmccarthy

tdmccarthy Initiate (0) May 6, 2010 Illinois

Different bad puns and marketing gimmick.

Pug and johnjohnbeer like this.
  5. DaveLikesAle

DaveLikesAle Initiate (156) Jan 24, 2006 Ohio

"Put on your yarmulke, it's time for Hanukkah..." I guess no 18/18/18 this year. I wondered when that would end.

6. TboneRN

Trader

7. TboneRN

Trader

its actually a black session barleywine...18 hops, 18 malts, 12.4%

8. Theniz

Theniz Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2012 Indiana

*Shtick

tdmccarthy likes this.
  9. DaveLikesAle

18% was going to be tough to do. I'm actually glad for the 12.4% so we can get it in Ohio. I've had to rely on other states since 12/12/12.

10. DaveLikesAle

I like the idea of 12.4% being "sessionable"!

Jewbelation 18® is the birth of an entirely new take on the series. When asked about this year’s Jewbelation®, Shmaltz founder Jeremy Cowan says, “So many friends have inquired about when will we stop upping the ante with the level of malts, hops, ABV, and my response has been ‘Never… well, um, I mean now!’ Witness our newborn black session barleywine. 18 malts, 18 hops, and now available in a delightfully sessionable 12.4% ABV so we can ship to all our states again. Jewbelation is now in session. L’Chaim!”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.