Short's Brewing Co. Announces Wisconsin Distribution

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Todd, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (6,206) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society Trader

Elk Rapids, Mich. – Short’s Brewing Company of Bellaire, MI will begin distribution of their beer in Wisconsin beginning May 16th with the Wisconsin Beverage Network and General Beverage. An official launch week is set to take place at various locations in Wisconsin June 7th - June 9th, 2016.

Short’s, known widely for their flagship beers and experimental brews, prides themselves on producing fearlessly creative beers handmade by people who care in northern Michigan. Short’s plans to distribute flagship brands Huma Lupa Licious (India Pale Ale), Soft Parade (Fruit Rye Ale), Space Rock (Pale Ale crafted to remove gluten), Bellaire Brown (Brown Ale), and Local’s (Light Lager). Wisconsin will also receive Short’s seasonal brews such as the recently rebranded, Nicie. Limited specialty beers will also be distributed in bottles and kegs.

Distribution of Starcut Ciders, Short’s hard cider brand, will also begin this month. Pulsar (semi-dry), Octorock (semi-sweet), Squishy (semi-sweet cider fermented with Northern Michigan cherries), and Immortal Jelly will be available in bottles and on tap. Immortal Jelly, Starcut Ciders’ newest bottled variety is inspired by the flavors of Short’s Flagship Fruit Rye Ale, Soft Parade. It is fermented with Michigan apples and a blend of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries.

According to Mike Frank, President of Frank Beer Distributors (Madison WI) and La Crosse Beverage, “We have been fortunate to have had a relationship with Short’s for the last 10 years, assisting with their involvement in the Great Taste of the Midwest, releasing their beers on an extremely limited basis the week prior to the Festival. We are thrilled to soon offer their award winning beer and cider year round.”

Following their distribution expansion to Wisconsin, the company has no immediate plans to add any additional states to their beer footprint at this time.

For more information about Short’s Brewing Company please visit www.shortsbrewing.com.

Short’s Brewing Company of Bellaire, MI will begin distribution of their beer in Wisconsin beginning May 16th with the Wisconsin Beverage Network and General Beverage: http://shortsbrew.com/wisconsindistribution

###

wiscojenks, bwelch21 and DIPALover like this.
  2. cl3

cl3 Disciple (328) Aug 16, 2013 Wisconsin

Hooray! Now I can drink a little bit of home, here in WI. Fingers crossed for some Freedom of '78 or Stawberry Short's Cake this summer!

3. Brianw508

Brianw508 Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2013 Michigan

i am highly doubting you'll see these this year in wisconsin, but very possible next year. i know there aren't many specialties leaving the state.

4. cl3

Aww... Thanks for raining on my parade.:slight_smile:

That's okay. I'll be back in the Yoop for the 4th of July, I'll just have to stock up then.

5. borto1ms

borto1ms Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2013 Michigan

Now that Shorts is going to start distro there, how about New Glarus follows suit and starts sending stuff to Michigan!

6. cl3

You get me some Blackrocks here, then we can talk.:grinning:

7. ScottatShorts

ScottatShorts Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2013 Michigan

Actually currently only 4 specialties will be released out of state in larger amounts this year. Although still limited Freedom will be released early June and Strawberry early July. Others were Melt My Brain and Cup A joe in the fall.

cl3 and Brianw508 like this.
  8. Brianw508

Brianw508 Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2013 Michigan

damn it! i was wrong, again. lol.

9. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Poo-Bah (2,459) Jun 15, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

@BigRedDog Hooray! I won't have to drive to MI for my annual case of Cup a Joe.

10. djhowell

djhowell Disciple (332) Apr 1, 2009 Wisconsin

You might want to check out the Blackrocks thread then...

[​IMG]

cl3 likes this.
  11. borto1ms

borto1ms Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2013 Michigan

OK New Glarus, the ball is in your court now...

cl3 likes this.
  12. cl3

Wow, you must really want New Glarus. That was lightning fast.:grinning:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.