Short's Brewing Releases & Updates (2018)

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by BeyondDescription, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MittenBrews

MittenBrews Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2015 North Carolina

Saw a FB post with a bunch of them at the Livonia location out on the shelves. This was 5 minutes ago. It appears as though the stock has been moved to the floor. Happy hunting!

Tripel_Threat likes this.
  2. Tripel_Threat

Tripel_Threat Poo-Bah (3,072) Jun 29, 2014 Michigan
    Society Trader

Livonia location is right off the Middlebelt exit of 96, South of the highway if anyone is going but isn't familiar with the area. Go through the entrance on the left side of the store, beer is straight past the veg. Good luck!

3. ScottatShorts

ScottatShorts Initiate (64) Jul 26, 2013 Michigan

Actually we managed to move more to independents than to chains in Michigan. It is tight supply though and I get it. Also to show how much we love independent beer stores we are working on a project that only will be available to the independent channel.

4. azurel

azurel Initiate (0) May 27, 2016 Michigan

I ended up passing on it at work(Meijer)....

Was still in the back room till Sunday for the display....A local bottle shop sent me a message today telling me they had one saved for me...So I figured I would go with my go to bottle shop....

TurboBrew, midlifec and Tripel_Threat like this.
  5. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2013 Michigan

6. BeyondDescription

BeyondDescription Disciple (315) Feb 9, 2009 Vermont
    Trader

The greatest variety pack in history?

I say, perhaps. #legendary

7. Mikecd234

Mikecd234 Initiate (148) Jun 24, 2015 Michigan

Just picked one up at the meijer in Flint, had to ask for it took be brought out.

8. midlifec

midlifec Defender (673) Aug 6, 2006 Michigan

Enjoying a Batch 5000 now.

9. Tripel_Threat

Society Trader

I love the willingness of all the BAs here to help each other out and how there's no hoarding in the Short's thread! Hope everyone gets some!

Speaking of helping each other out, 1) @ScottatShorts I'm still looking for that Richard in the Dirt!
    2) Lil Creepster is on tap at one of my favorite places, Ashley's in Westland. Tap only release this year.
    3) Fan's Choice is still super tight! 5 on It is 3 votes up on Pineapple!

TurboBrew and BWichmann74 like this.
  10. ypsifly

ypsifly Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2004 Michigan

@ScottatShorts Thank you for that, its getting frustrating trying to keep everyone happy on the retail end.

11. TurboBrew

TurboBrew Initiate (0) May 13, 2012 Michigan

Just got my 12 of shorts from meijer livonia they have it on center isle 4 left fyi !

12. BeyondDescription

Trader

Pineapple. Pineapple. Pineapple Pils.

Puh-leeeeease.

TurboBrew and Brianw508 like this.
  13. ColonelHopslam

ColonelHopslam Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2014 Michigan

Found one in kzoo buried under the fall packs. Weird to say but superfluid might be my favorite and I've had a million of them. I've had the other 3 multiples times too, but superfluid is just so crushable.

14. Tracker83

Tracker83 Zealot (502) Jun 26, 2012 Michigan
    Trader

Grandville meijer has the ipa pack. but only 1 left as of 5 min ago.

15. BWichmann74

BWichmann74 Initiate (103) Sep 27, 2014 Michigan

I think I would agree with this. Now I'm partial to IPA's and 90% of the beer I drink is some form of IPA but what variety pack even comes close????

The Stone Anniversary bomber 4-pack was a good one this year but a distant second to this one!

16. Buck_Jones

Buck_Jones Defender (602) Jan 22, 2014 Michigan

There are now 2 packs left at the Livonia Meijer after I grabbed mine!

Thanks for the heads up!!

Tripel_Threat and TurboBrew like this.
  17. SpartanMSU03

SpartanMSU03 Initiate (0) May 30, 2014 Michigan

Glad I was able to grab some earlier, that Meijer seems to be very basic with it's craft beer selection, but glad that they received some. Maybe a brighter future there ?

18. TreyIsWilson

TreyIsWilson Poo-Bah (3,625) May 8, 2013 Michigan
    Society Trader

Picked one up at the Meijer in Okemos. They hadn't put them on the floor yet but Dave (the beer and wine manager) grabbed me one from the back. He said they would be on the floor at some point this weekend.

19. BWichmann74

After drinking a bottle of each of the beers offered in this variety pack one thing stands out above all and that's the Batch 5000!!!!

While the Stache Bender and Aww Jeah were solid DIPA's (although a bit typical with the malt balance and sweetness) and Superfluid being what it is - a completely unique DIPA that tastes like nothing else I've had (of which I'll continue to buy and enjoy every year it's available) it's the Batch 5000 that clearly stands out. This beer, of which I've been excited to get on my palate since the original issue earlier this year, is such a solid beer!! The aroma almost scares you away as the ethanol is so prominent but once you submit and allow this beer to roll across your taste buds you are pleasantly suprised by the balance of tropical hops, sweet malt, and booziness. Shorts - you have absolutely hit a grand slam with this beer - please find a way to make it available once again in 2017. Preferably in the 6 pack format as I will gladly pay $18-20....

Tracker83 likes this.
  20. Buck_Jones

Buck_Jones Defender (602) Jan 22, 2014 Michigan

Yeah, agreed. Hope it's a sign of things to come since I live right near there ...

TurboBrew likes this.
  21. goast8127

goast8127 Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2010 Michigan

Boatworks in SCS had it on tap earlier this week I believe.

Brianw508 and Tripel_Threat like this.
  22. Tripel_Threat

Society Trader

Yeah, it's been looking like I'm not going to get it unless I make a bit of a drive. Beermenus tells me the closest places are about 40 minutes away,and that hasn't changed since launch. Checked with a couple local places and the only answer is "check back. "
    I'm hopeful though, since the same thing was happening with Lil Creepster and Pumpkincrusha, but Creepster just showed up in the area.

23. croush

croush Champion (805) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I got the last pack of the hoppy variety pack at the Ann Arbor Meijer on Wednesday night and hit a couple more today with no luck (16 & Van Dyke and on Coolidge in Royal Oak). My brother managed to grab me another from the Meijer at 12 & Dequindre, and he said there were a few left around 5. Not sure if there's any more at this point.

24. Zorak2

Zorak2 Initiate (49) Nov 5, 2016 Michigan

Hey Guys,

I stumbled upon this forum through google a few months ago and I just wanted to thank you guys for helping me track down some Short's releases over the past year. I actually made an account just so I could let you know that I found some Hoppy Holiday variety packs at the Canton Meijer on Ford and Canton Center Rd. They are in the front of the store at the south entrance in the holiday gift display for alcohol.

25. Zorak2

Zorak2 Initiate (49) Nov 5, 2016 Michigan

I forgot to add that there were only 5 left at the Canton Meijer after I bought my pack on Friday night.

Also, Holiday Market in Canton and Busch's in Plymouth & Ann Arbor are sold out.

Hope this helps!

26. TurboBrew

If anyone in w bloom is looking plum market at maple and orchard lake had one holiday 12 left in the back. Pretty cool beer section folks here.

They also have 6pks of double magician for 10.99 but dont buy all those or ill b super sad as this is usually my spot for new shorts brew lol

27. DeviousSpirits

DeviousSpirits Initiate (0) Mar 23, 2009 Michigan

Busch's in South Lyon had about 30 left, as of this morning. You're welcome.

Tripel_Threat and TurboBrew like this.
  28. jaybags

jaybags Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2012 Michigan

ok, so I went to the meijer in east lansing on thursday to inquire about the hoppy pack. they say they have it, but cant sell any until sunday. i was like what time sunday, they say 7am.

so i go in there today, no sign of the hoppy pack. luckily the girl there recognized me and went and fetched me one in the back.

long story short, if you are at the east lansing meijer and dont see the pack, ask for one and they should grab it for you.

29. jaybags

jaybags Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2012 Michigan

$24.99, great deal

TurboBrew likes this.
  30. BeyondDescription

Trader

Mix it with Vodka

31. BeyondDescription

Trader

It's so good. I get this peach, coconut side that is extremely unique. Long live Superfluid .

Billydoughnuts and Zaphog like this.
  32. BWichmann74

I agree, Superfluid has pretty much become a classic. I've just come to the conclusion that this will be an annual release at this point........

33. Grupatre

Grupatre Aspirant (241) Sep 13, 2014 Michigan

Where is it 24.99 at???

croush likes this.
  34. croush

Trader

I started with Aww Jeah on Friday night, since I thought it'd be my least favorite (I'm not a big Huma fan). It seemed like a good representation of a double Huma, and wasn't quite my style.

Having a Stache Bender right now...much more in my wheelhouse. I think maybe it's less sweet, but it was a long weekend and can't remember for sure as compared to Aww Jeah. It's definitely more drinkable to me...which can be dangerous.

35. BWichmann74

Just wait - You've saved the best two for last..

36. croush

Trader

That's kinda what I was working towards. I've had Batch 5000 earlier this year and really liked it, and I've heard great things about Superfluid.

37. BWichmann74

I also had Batch 5000 with it's original release and second time around it verified what I already experienced beforehand - a top shelf triple IPA!!!

Superfluid has been a classic for a few years now - I can't nail it down but this beer is excellent and remains a beer like non other, no DIPA has a profile like this one....

38. TurboBrew

Glad to see all the input on this tread of the brew.

In order of deliciousness as ranked by me:

1. Superfluid : Tropical, grapefruit... delicious
    2. Batch 5000 : Just a bomb of a IIIIIIIII^4 PA . A+ So much going on with it such a unique hoppy/boozy treat at 15%
    3. Stach Bender
    4. Aww Jeah . A good solid double but nothing really stands out in it. Im not a big fan of huma at the moment.. having said that Ive sucked down 3 1/6bbls in the last 5 yrs at home in one of my kegerators lol. So its a good beer just need a huma break . . .

39. goast8127

goast8127 Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2010 Michigan

Interrupting the 12 pack discussion to relay how great I thought Double Magician was. Very balanced between the sweetness and hops. Quite drinkable. I loved Magician but after it was removed from the bottling schedule I sort of forgot about it. Glad they released this.

BeyondDescription and TurboBrew like this.
  40. Brianw508

Brianw508 Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2013 Michigan

We (BoatWorks) have Richard in the Dirt and Lil Creepster on now. We will also have superfluid and stachebender next week or the week after. Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.