Short's Brewing Releases & Updates (2018)

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by BeyondDescription, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColonelHopslam

ColonelHopslam (0) Jan 22, 2014 Michigan

Bourbon Publican Porter on the FoBaB list. Um yeah, can't wait to see how it turned out.

2. ryan782

ryan782 (0) Aug 29, 2010 Michigan

It's pretty f'n tasty. Also be sure to try Bourbon Ben's Asthma (Imperial Oatmeal Stout with Medjool dates), Hi Dilly Ho (Barrel aged Flander's Red), Erraticus #2 (Gin barrel aged wild cider), Erraticus #5 (Tequilla barrel aged wild cider) and Erraticus #6 (Oak aged wild cider with black currants). Hope to see you all there!

3. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps (1,124) Jun 15, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

I sure hope the 3 people that kept voting for I Got 5 on it in the fan poll are able to buy up all the cases.

4. Jonl0424

Jonl0424 (254) May 23, 2015 Michigan

I really enjoyed the hoppy holiday mix pack, it was nice to get some higher abv beers from shorts, i wish they would do more beers like that and less lower abv beers

5. TurboBrew

TurboBrew (0) May 13, 2012 Michigan

Pineapple pils shoulda took it. I do love shorts IPAs obvi.. but a pils would be a nice transition from hoppy island

JohnnyHopps likes this.
  6. Cotton_27

Cotton_27 (683) Feb 22, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

Maybe Pineapple pilsner will make a variety pack appearance.

7. IntlDrainageCommission

IntlDrainageCommission (0) Dec 4, 2015 Australia

Taking a cue from last year's result, let's take a look:

Raisin Apollo: Didn't make any bottled appearance
    Chocolate Wheat: only available in kegs
    Captain Fantasy: Didn't make any bottled appearance
    Goodnight Bodacious: Added to Specialty bottle lineup (edit: b/c it won)
    Dolly Dagger: Didn't make any bottled appearance
    MMMKAY: Didn't make any bottled appearance

TurboBrew and Cotton_27 like this.
  8. Zorak2

Zorak2 (0) Nov 5, 2016 Michigan

I am glad they released this too because I always grab a growler of Magician to bring home whenever I am up at Shanty Creek and now I can literally grab a 6 pack anytime I'm out grocery shopping. I haven't been able to drink anything out of my holiday variety pack yet because I can't put the Double Magician down.

TurboBrew and goast8127 like this.
  9. IntlDrainageCommission

i can't (nor possess the ability or desire to) describe beer flavors accurately, but just cracked open the Superfluid and it smells like buttery popcorn. Anyone else get that?

10. Brianw508

Brianw508 (0) Apr 29, 2013 Michigan

Literally drank my 6th one, didn't have any issues

BeyondDescription likes this.
  11. TurboBrew

Diacetyl .. hmm thats odd. Id email shorts directly with some more info they would like to know I'm sure.

Is it just aroma...flavor.. or both? All of my super fluids were fine from the 12 pk Delicious... lol

12. IntlDrainageCommission

interesting. i didn't realize there was a compound that could be potentially causing that. Both, but more prominent in the aroma. It still tastes great, but "butter" is the only thing i can smell/taste in this now.

DrinktotheDead likes this.
  13. TurboBrew

Interesting. Try another bottle and see if its good.

Wonder if the one bottle had a infection ? or oxidation..... one bottle... doesnt add up.

Sorry to hear you had a butterfluid haha.

14. Tripel_Threat

Tripel_Threat (0) Jun 29, 2014 Michigan
    Society Trader

Hey, Short's fans! One of my favorite brews was just released and got overlooked between Hoppy Holidays and the Fan's Choice.

Cup O Joe, mofos !

From the website:

"If there’s one rich and creamy Stout the Short’s-i-verse just can’t live without, it has to be Cup A Joe. In both 2013 and 2014 you spoke up and told us that the mitten just couldn’t survive another winter without this java filled brew. So this year, with no questions asked, we’ve brewed up another batch of Cup A Joe with to share with our fans in Michigan and beyond!

Brewed with mountains of espresso from our friends at Higher Grounds Trading Company, Cup A Joe is rich with scents and flavors of velvety coffee.Just like that first fresh batch of morning joe, the scent of Cup A Joe is almost as intoxicating as its taste. Each year, the aroma of espresso percolating in the brewhouse wafts through our production facility and out through our doors. Making our collective caffeine addiction outwardly evident, if just for one day.

Cup A Joe (8.0% ABV – 35 IBU) Coffee Creme Stout uses Higher Grounds roasted fair trade espresso beans in every facet of the brewing process. Prominent aromatics of malt, espresso, and cocoa are abundant, and there are robust flavors of cream and coffee. This is the perfect morning night capper.

Cup A Joe is one of those rare brews that is totally and unconditionally delectable at any time. This “perfect morning night capper,” is headed to a Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, or Wisconsin store near you beginning this week. Find a six-pack and enjoy this Cup A Joe morning, noon, or night."

Perfect cleanser for all the hoppy goodness out there recently!

15. TurboBrew

Cup A joe is my fav coffee stout. Ever. Stoked to snag a six this week.

Brianw508 and Tripel_Threat like this.
  16. Tripel_Threat

Society Trader

When I up in Traverse this summer with the in-laws, I suggested we all check out the Commons and stop for coffee at Higher Grounds "because i heard it was good stuff" without mentioning the Cup O Joe thing.
    Turns out it's a pretty cool little place.

TurboBrew likes this.
  17. Tracker83

Tracker83 (0) Jun 26, 2012 Michigan
    Trader

Cup A Joe sighting in GR!

Tripel_Threat likes this.
  18. AnchorDrops

AnchorDrops (0) May 11, 2013 Michigan

Yes, Cup A Joe is my favorite.

fishtremble likes this.
  19. king75

king75 (0) Jul 27, 2010 Michigan

Anyone seen the variety pack in the hillsdale, Jackson or cold water area. I've yet to score one. My wife has been to the Meijer off 127 twice now with no luck

20. a_beckman25

a_beckman25 (0) Jan 27, 2013 Michigan

I got mine at super liquor in coldwater. I can check there and meijer sometime before the weekend. If they do I will grab it.

21. Grupatre

Grupatre (250) Sep 13, 2014 Michigan

The one off 127 had them out on Tuesday. The airport rd one has them but I don't think they are out yet. Do you go to that store often?

22. BeyondDescription

BeyondDescription (0) Feb 9, 2009 Vermont
    Trader

Don't hesitate to ask the staff at these chain stores, folks. Some take longer to get items on the floor.

23. king75

I think I'll give super liquor a call and head there after work sometime. Thanks for the info

24. king75

My wife checked last Friday and Wednesday after she got off work, but said she didn't see it. She also has pregnancy brain right now so who knows

25. BeyondDescription

BeyondDescription (0) Feb 9, 2009 Vermont
    Trader

Breaking news, Aorta Ale has just been added to the release schedule for 2016!

6pks should be on shelves before Christmas. Michigan only.

26. jaybags

jaybags (0) Mar 16, 2012 Michigan

do you mean the one off 127 at lake lansing? coolidge and lake lansing had 4 left as of today in the middle section close to the beer aisle.

27. king75

No, the one off of old 127 in Jackson MI

28. azurel

azurel (0) May 27, 2016 Michigan

There is 3-4 of the 12 packs at the Westnedge Meijer store in Kalamazoo....Just an FYI.

Tracker83 likes this.
  29. Cotton_27

Cotton_27 (683) Feb 22, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

Aorta Ale!!!!!!!!!best news of they day!

Zaphog likes this.
  30. IntlDrainageCommission

Short's also just announced 24pk cans of Vintage Premium Lager only at the mart/pub.

Seeing the frequency of canned beers picking up a bit, I'm really holding out for cans of Melt My Brain next year. They can tell it was a hot seller last year since they moved it to a seasonal, and it would be even better in cans. I would exclusively make this my summer boating beer if that was the case.

Please, Please make it happen

31. IntlDrainageCommission

32. bryseitz

bryseitz (0) Jan 13, 2013 Michigan

Had it at the UP fall beerfest last year, it was great.

33. beersite

beersite (0) Nov 8, 2016 Illinois

Any chance the variety pack will be kickin around A2 next weekend? (18th-20th) I will be in town for the Michigan game.

34. DeviousSpirits

DeviousSpirits (0) Mar 23, 2009 Michigan

Busch's in South Lyon still had twelve IPA variety packs as of this morning. Please buy it so I don't have to!

35. Manicstreet

Manicstreet (0) Apr 26, 2015 Michigan

Thanks for posting. I will grab one today or tomorrow.

36. Tripel_Threat

Society Trader

Couple of release notes, from the Facebook feed:

Bourbon Publican Porter Release Party, Nov 25:

"In honor of Brewski Bash and the beginning of Stout season, we’re gearing up to release another barrel aged favorite at 11:00 am on Friday, November 25th, 2016. One of the top 50 porters according to RateBeer, and scoring a solid 92 on BeerAdvocate, Publican Porter is a brew to be reckoned with. Late last winter we quietly filled just a few bourbon barrels with Publican Porter to enjoy this holiday season. Ready for the sipping, we’re stoked to be releasing this next brew as a 750ml bottle in our Private Stache series.

Bourbon Publican Porter is our infamous Publican Porter aged in bourbon barrels for 10 months. Pitch black in color, this beer has big aromas of wood and bourbon followed by scents of dark chocolate and alcohol. Full-bodied with a velvety smooth mouthfeel, Bourbon Publican Porter tastes of bourbon and chocolate."

$16.99/bottle, no limit. Personally could do with a sixer of plain ol' Publican, but I know a lot of guys here love the BBA stuff. Cheers to yah

Also, Vintage Premium lager is now available in a case of cans from Short's Mart

Zaphog likes this.
  37. azurel

azurel (0) May 27, 2016 Michigan

We have a bunch of the Hoppy holiday packs available here at all Meijers here in Kalamazoo...Just an FYI....

38. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps (1,124) Jun 15, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

I would settle for a bottle of regular Publican Porter. But ...

TurboBrew and Tripel_Threat like this.
  39. king75

Finally able to get my hands on that 12 pack. Have to say stachebender is not as tropical as I remember it being on the 10th anniversary. On the plus side, loving the double magician. Really glad I picked it up as I almost passed on it

40. Manicstreet

Manicstreet (0) Apr 26, 2015 Michigan

I was able to grab one this morning. Thank you.

8 variety packs left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.