Short's Brewing Releases & Updates (2018)

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by BeyondDescription, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TurboBrew

TurboBrew Initiate (0) May 13, 2012 Michigan

Nice im in livonia too we will hafta drink beer sometime eh? @Tripel_Threat

But srsly on the lookout for some bba carrotcake and bourbon huma

Tripel_Threat likes this.
  2. Tripel_Threat

Tripel_Threat Poo-Bah (3,072) Jun 29, 2014 Michigan
    Society Trader

Depends how far you want to drive for some Carrot Cake. Huron Room on Bagley near downtown has it, and Jameson's in Brighton does as well.

I'm still hoping a place that's less than 40 minutes away gets Richard in the Dirt. Yes, I'm not letting thay one go.

I’m sipping on a Juicy Tree right now and damn is it smooth, smoother than I ever remember it being.

TurboBrew likes this.
  3. Tripel_Threat

Society Trader

Lol, I forget how many folks here are from the west side. Enjoy!

4. TurboBrew

Not too bad. Ill be downtown this weekend maybe I will convince the peeps I'm with to check out the huron room. And as a bonus Ill get me some carrot cake lol .

5. Tracker83

Tracker83 Zealot (502) Jun 26, 2012 Michigan
    Trader

The west-siders are the best-siders!

6. Tripel_Threat

Society Trader

Popped open a Critterless tonight, and this one has got to be the closest gateway beer for wine drinkers I've had.

7. schepelz

schepelz Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2013 Michigan

Just wanted to say....BA Carrot Cake is absolutely phenomenal. Now 14.5% and absolutely nailed the Carrot Cake taste. This is now a top 10 favorite beer for me. Don't sleep on this one...

8. Brianw508

Brianw508 Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2013 Michigan

If anyone is interested we (BoatWorks) have tapped BA Carrot Cake, along with stachebender

9. BeyondDescription

BeyondDescription Disciple (315) Feb 9, 2009 Vermont
    Trader

Aorta still slated for mid-December. In case anyone would like to contradict- the most delicious and in-your-face Imperial Red Ale Michigan has to offer- possibly the universe. :wink:

archiebunkerjr, Cotton_27 and Zaphog like this.
  10. HansCastorp

HansCastorp Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2007 Ohio

When does the Liberator usually show up? I had it several years ago and thought it was in December. Not sure if they have a release calendar or something I've missed.

cheers

11. Tripel_Threat

Society Trader

12. azurel

azurel Initiate (0) May 27, 2016 Michigan

Have some of this being saved for me tomorrow....Can't wait to try it

13. HansCastorp

HansCastorp Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2007 Ohio

Great, thanks. Hopefully it's as bitter & wonderful as I remember. cheers

14. ClarkstonMark

ClarkstonMark Initiate (103) Feb 21, 2016 Michigan
    Trader

Question on Juicy Tree.
    Pine Knob Wine Shop in Clarkston has cases of it, but it was bottled in 2015. They should not be selling this right?

15. BeyondDescription

BeyondDescription Disciple (315) Feb 9, 2009 Vermont
    Trader

Well, techically it's out of date- but JT is one that I have aged for a year and it's still damn good. So, your call.

archiebunkerjr likes this.
  16. ClarkstonMark

ClarkstonMark Initiate (103) Feb 21, 2016 Michigan
    Trader

Thanks HHH

17. Zorak2

Zorak2 Initiate (48) Nov 5, 2016 Michigan

BA Carrot cake is available at World of Beers in Canton if anyone in the Metro Detroit area are looking for it.

18. Zorak2

Zorak2 Initiate (48) Nov 5, 2016 Michigan

Funny you say that because my girlfriend is a wine drinker and she absolutely loved this one. She also really liked Bucktricutioner and Peachy Pom Pom and always tries to steal a glass of whatever Jolly Pumpkin beer I happen to be drinking. Maybe there is something about wine drinkers and liking sour beers haha.

19. Tripel_Threat

Society Trader

Oh man, my wife is going crazy over Critterless. I get her a supply of this and Melt My Brain she'd be in heaven.

20. Tracker83

Trader

[​IMG]
    Okay, this picture was just texted to me. Apparently it has been posted to a local FB trading group. Anybody know anything else about it (other than the obvious things I can read on the label). Can I just walk into chop house and buy a bottle? I see they have a short's dinner next week and this beer is listed with one of the meal courses. Is that when you get the bottle (probably not because bottles are already out there for trade...). I must know more! @HopHeadHerman

21. croush

croush Champion (805) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I noticed that some retailers (or at least one) in Chicago are getting the Hoppy Holidays variety pack. I thought that was supposed to stay in MI??? I grabbed a couple of them back when it came out in MI, with the impression IL wouldn't see it. I'm still glad I got it fresh when it came out, but just thought it was interesting.

beersite likes this.
  22. beersite

beersite Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2016 Illinois

Where did u see this pop up? I was hoping to get my hands on one. Couldn't find it in Ann Arbor a couple weeks ago...but honestly didn't have all that much time to look. Id love to pick one up still in Chicago if I could. Thanks.

23. croush

croush Champion (805) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Capone's posted it on their Instagram...at least I think that's where I saw it.

beersite likes this.
  24. beersite

thanks I will have a look.

25. ppohio

ppohio Initiate (111) Aug 5, 2011 Minnesota

I didn't see the Hoppy Holiday box on the Capone's instagram until just now, of course they are sold out by now. If anybody else sees them anywhere else please let us know. I called my local (Bottles & Cans) and they said they are not getting it. Shorts' website said Meijr's in Illinois only last month, but seeing it at Capones got me hopeful that maybe we'd see them somewhere else as well now.

beersite likes this.
  26. beersite

wow already sold out at capons!? getting this has been a pita for me.

27. Tripel_Threat

Society Trader

I'm not a big BBA guy but this one has me interested...

28. Tracker83

Trader

I received more information. This is currently available to-go at The Chop House. Only 204 bottles were bottled. Cost is $26/bottle.

#908 Tracker83, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  29. ppohio

ppohio Initiate (111) Aug 5, 2011 Minnesota

I got the ol' chuckle too when I asked which suggests it was sold out quite quickly. You know, like when someone comes up the whiskey guy at Binny's in July and asks if they have any Pappy bottles on the shelf. :flushed:

beersite likes this.
  30. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (3,678) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

If anyone near Battle Creek is looking for this Hoppy Holidays 12-pack, there were two of them at the Meijer store on Beckley Road (B Drive) when I was there this afternoon. $24.99 plus dep. They are in the aisle that separates the grocery from the general mdse at the end of a display island that has the liquor gift packs.

31. TurboBrew

Off topic but anyone in Livonia..Novi..Farmington area stumble upon on some 12 days of milkshake stout 12 pack.. Ive looked high and dry with no luck and I'm not paying 35$ plus for it to drive an hour to get it as I've seen it in a few stores (long gone by now) north of me.

32. moshea

moshea Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2007 Michigan

This is a thread for Short releases and the 12 days of Milkshakes is a Rochester brewing release. You may get more helpful information by starting a new thread. Good luck

33. moshea

moshea Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2007 Michigan

Love the Meijer pricing on that one

PapaGoose03 likes this.
  34. TurboBrew

:grimacing: Thread is started now , continue the Shorts Updates folks

35. jaybags

jaybags Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2012 Michigan

moesha got upset

TurboBrew likes this.
  36. GuyFawkes

GuyFawkes Poo-Bah (6,417) Apr 7, 2011 Illinois
    Society Trader

Not a big Short's fan, not a big Irish red ale fan. So maybe my opinion is moot but...

Holy shit, Double Magician is amazing. Sweet, subtly fruity but not cloying...not boozy at all despite the ABV.

What a treat! Thanks for sending this one across state lines!

37. Tripel_Threat

Society Trader

One of the very first Short's Brews I had is getting it's own pub and Short's Mart only release: Chocolate Wheat.

[​IMG]

"You may be surprised to hear that Chocolate Wheat is actually one of our most requested beers. With brews like Critterless and Aorta Ale released to store shelves or served on tap at the pub every day, it’s easy to understand why a simple and true-to-form Porter could get lost in the shuffle. To quote Justin Timberlake, Chocolate Wheat is “bringing sexy back” this winter with a refreshed label and an exclusive bottle release at the pub and Short’s Mart.

Chocolate Wheat (7.3% ABV – 30 IBU) is a Porter brewed with chocolate malt, wheat malt, and specialty grains. The combination creates a deep black, full-bodied beer that provides subtle hop flavors and rich malt tones. Chocolate Wheat has balanced flavors of roasted caramel, coffee, and chocolate, and ends with a smooth finish." More information at the link.

7.99/ six pack, which is a frickin steal. I love this one, for both sentimental reasons and because it's pretty damn delicious. If you can get it, get it. Last time it was in bottles was a couple years ago in a variety pack.

VABA likes this.
  38. myxmastrmike

myxmastrmike Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2009 Michigan

Where is this located ?
    I did a search and I see Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids. Hopefully it's Ann Arbor because I'm going to be out there this Friday

39. Cotton_27

Cotton_27 Zealot (505) Feb 22, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

Just finished a Chocolate Wheat, it is better than I remember. Not a huge porter fan, but this could be the best I've had.

40. TurboBrew

3 cheers for Chocolate wheat. I think I first had it 3ish yrs ago at the pub.

Not to bash sour beer but Im not on the bandwagon. Never been a sour or BBA fan. Im actually experimenting w/ barrel aging (gin and whiskey .. from a friend who wants me to currently and is footing the bill) a handful of my homebrews.

Refreshing to see Chocolate Wheat bottled. Hoping for further distribution for chocolate wheat in later years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.