Short's to be sold in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky and Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by rougehuron, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrippingI

DrippingI Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2012 Indiana

My store, Crown Liquors #2 on Southport Rd here in Indy, just got five of Short's beers. We got Huma Lupalicious, Soft Parade, Space Rock, Bellaire Brown, and ControversiALE.

2. scottspencer

scottspencer Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2014 Indiana

Just got some from Keg Liqours in Clarksville IN today.

3. JohnnyHopps

JohnnyHopps Poo-Bah (2,485) Jun 15, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

After the novelty of the first 6 pack, these 5 Shorts beers will be shelf turds in entirely new states. I saw case of Soft Parade at my local bottle shop today. Sigh.

4. atone315

atone315 Initiate (0) Oct 8, 2008 Wisconsin

I've heard the same things about Meijer. I will only be walking out with Short's, if they have it. Luckily, Woodman's is right down the street (in Oak Creek) and both are on my way home from work.

5. Andrew_P

Andrew_P Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2014 Wisconsin

I suppose I may reconsider if they are the only ones carrying Short's :slight_smile:

atone315 likes this.
  6. jimmyfishkin

jimmyfishkin Aspirant (208) Nov 17, 2008 Wisconsin

Is this getting distro to Nebraska also? I'm going to to visit family near Omaha over the Easter weekend and we're planning a trek to HopCat in Lincoln. I looked up their tap list and they have Huma Lupa and Space Rock on tap.

http://hopcat.com/tap/lincoln

7. croush

croush Crusader (798) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I think Short's tweeted that their beers would be available at all HopCat locations, so it looks like that is true. I don't think they are distributing bottles to stores, though, in Nebraska.

jimmyfishkin likes this.
  8. jimmyfishkin

jimmyfishkin Aspirant (208) Nov 17, 2008 Wisconsin

I see - thanks for the info!

9. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,393) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

For those in Illinois, my local Costco had cases of a limited edition variety pack. Electric Mullet, London Fog, Bonafide Legit & Earl of Brixom for 24.99. Might be an old inventory dump as they all seem to be bottled from September :wink:

10. cetherid

cetherid Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2010 Indiana

As a big Shorts fan myself this will definitely be the case unfortunately. I love fresh huma and space rock but there are too many other fresh IPAs that taste better than these that can easily be found in chicagoland. Especially when stores every week are getting fresh inventory of pipeworks, half acre, brickstone, FFF.....Soft Parade will probably be the one that will sell the best though. I love that beer and I'm pretty sure that is Short's #1 selling beer. Their specialty/monthly beers sellout pretty quickly in Michigan though and I'll still make the trip up there for those as I don't see Short's selling those outside of Michigan for the time being.

JohnnyHopps likes this.
  11. jpsy422

jpsy422 Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2009 Illinois

Definitely how you want to enter a market. Fucking hell.

Jaycase likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.